PDA

View Full Version : rattling sound in the wheel

raffyboy
03-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Hello boys and girls

I changed tyres last weekend at my mates shop

we change the fronts for 215/35/19 and the back 235/45/19

originally from 225/34/19

now the front tyre makes a rattling sound (really hard to explain how it sounds like, but you will notice it when accelerating)

any thoughts? please share and will do some testings

aaronng
03-05-2010, 03:40 PM
If they are aftermarket rims, did you check if the hubcentric rings were still on? Did you rebalance the wheels after switching tyres?

Premature Vtec
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
My mate had a rattling noise aswell after he changed tyres. He brang it to a mechanic and found out the tyre shop forgot 2 tighten the bolts when the car was on the ground anymore driving and his wheels would of went off the car

raffyboy
04-05-2010, 08:31 AM
If they are aftermarket rims, did you check if the hubcentric rings were still on? Did you rebalance the wheels after switching tyres?

Hey aaron - Yeah after market - yes also searched about this and I know that some after market wheels have some problems too

Yeah everything is checked hub centric and re-balance the wheel done.

What I'm thinking is to add a spacer which hopefully will do something

raffyboy
04-05-2010, 08:33 AM
My mate had a rattling noise aswell after he changed tyres. He brang it to a mechanic and found out the tyre shop forgot 2 tighten the bolts when the car was on the ground anymore driving and his wheels would of went off the car

Will never leave the shop with out proper checks :D also my mate will never risk his shop reputation :D

aaronng
04-05-2010, 08:50 AM
What I'm thinking is to add a spacer which hopefully will do something

You only need the spacer if something is rubbing. 235 tyre width should be alright given the correct rim offset. What is the offset?

raffyboy
04-05-2010, 10:47 AM
+30/+38 i think

it doesnt rub to anything and to be honest plenty of space

just want to try as this happened to me with my Skyline before and we put spacers then fixed it

aaronng
04-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Is this a CL9 or CU2? If it is a CL9 and lowered, check the front underguard plastic for rubbing damage.

zeke
04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Check the disc brake heat shield . Can be bent when changing wheel and is maybe touching the caliper,disc or suspension parts . Had this problem when i got my CU2 back from Honda Service . Just reach thru the wheel spokes and give it a hit and you'll know if thats the problem.

raffyboy
05-05-2010, 02:24 PM
thanks for the info zeke checked it lucky nothing is touching

i got a cl9 aaron checked the plastic no rubbing

got my spacer willl check this on the weekend