PDA

View Full Version : Civic many minor problems!!

mugga
16-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone at OzHonda, I am brand new because I just got myself a 93' Civic hatch.
It runs great, but has got lots of minor defects.

Problems:
1. Lot of electrical problems, roof light, clock, horn not working
2. This is is a bugger, fuel gauge not working it just stays on Empty and I have no idea if it is going to be the electrical end or the sensor end
3. Unstable movements of temperature needle, it starts from cold but rises up to a bit less than half, and it goes down to cold again if I drive on 5th gear on high speed roads. I have checked radiator and stuff, no defects found.
4. Not an important one might as well post it, the window washer won't spray out water, the container is full. So I assume the pump is dead

Now my question is what things I can fix by myself and what i cannot.
I cannot do these with out the aid of your peoples knowledge :)

I could have got them done with a mechanic, but I think save some extra money for the work I could fix is always a better option.

DR HONDA
16-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi everyone at OzHonda, I am brand new because I just got myself a 93' Civic hatch.
It runs great, but has got lots of minor defects.

Problems:
1. Lot of electrical problems, roof light, clock, horn not working
2. This is is a bugger, fuel gauge not working it just stays on Empty and I have no idea if it is going to be the electrical end or the sensor end
3. Unstable movements of temperature needle, it starts from cold but rises up to a bit less than half, and it goes down to cold again if I drive on 5th gear on high speed roads. I have checked radiator and stuff, no defects found.
4. Not an important one might as well post it, the window washer won't spray out water, the container is full. So I assume the pump is dead

Now my question is what things I can fix by myself and what i cannot.
I cannot do these with out the aid of your peoples knowledge :)

I could have got them done with a mechanic, but I think save some extra money for the work I could fix is always a better option.
Sounds like you need some electrical work done. Give us a call and might be of some help

Regards,

Dr :honda: 0412161174

Nuttz
17-12-2004, 09:51 PM
1. check fuses under dash and under bonnet.
2. see number 1.
3. most likely thermostat is stuck
4.dunno

eG_YoDa
17-12-2004, 11:20 PM
i had a similar problem with my car
the problem was the ground wire connected to my gearbox
it was loose and it kinda was burnt at the terminals so just sanded it down to make a good connection, tightened it again and now everything is AOK

check that before u pay $$$ coz thats wat i did
hehe hope that helped

mugga
18-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Most problems were fixed, thanks for all inputs guys. Appreciated