PDA

View Full Version : Brake and Clutch Fluid Change

Sp3rMz
16-12-2004, 07:24 PM
I was thinking it was time to do a clutch and fluid change DIY styles. Is it possible to do it DIY and is it safe? I figured you flush and pour new one in. Thing is i think there more to it then that. Inparticular I wanted to change my clutch fluid as its filthy. Gone from clear to like a dark browny dirty colour.

Sp3rMz
16-12-2004, 07:25 PM
God I'm an idiot. Search is my friend :( After reading the article is there any risk involved. What are the outcomes?

TODA AU
16-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Incorrectly bled brakes = you or someone else, maybe dead.
Don't play with brakes if you don't know what you're doing...
For your own safety sake.

Clutch bled wrong = won't dissenguage.

Tip - if you don't have a phneumatic bleeder, you need an assistant.
1 to bleed, 1 to pump the pedal.
Do be careful though, it doesn't cost much to have it done properly.
Cheers

Adrian

Sp3rMz
16-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Ok so don't touch brakes LOL. As for clutch, it's not that I'm trying to be tite, it's more of an expereince curve. Something I want to do for myself. Get more satisfaction out of it if you get what I mean.

kenshin
16-12-2004, 08:02 PM

meaning? harder to get into gear and get rolling RIGHT?

think i gotta redo my clutch fluid

ECU-MAN
16-12-2004, 08:29 PM

meaning? harder to get into gear and get rolling RIGHT?

think i gotta redo my clutch fluid
no if you balls it up you wont be able to disenguage the clutch, but yes if you have air in your hydarulics or low on fluid you will have those problems.

kenshin
16-12-2004, 08:39 PM
no if you balls it up you wont be able to disenguage the clutch, but yes if you have air in your hydarulics or low on fluid you will have those problems.
so to sum up...

if i have air in my clutch fluid system:
1. cant disengage the clutch when i smoke the mofo
2. loose clutch free play
3. cant properly engage 1st gear

(2/3 linked)

which one of the above

Sp3rMz
16-12-2004, 08:46 PM
No Toan No. Inconclusion you're not worthy of the car and should sell it. In there end you have air in there causing all the trouble. Simple. That's why I'm coming over to help you.

ECU-MAN
16-12-2004, 08:47 PM
wont be able to select a gear with the engine running and the car stationary. ( wors case senario ) yes clutch freeplay, clutch engages lower. and yes wont be able to engage 1st gear. but also a rooted clutch can mimmic these symptoms as well

kenshin
16-12-2004, 08:55 PM
No Toan No. Inconclusion you're not worthy of the car and should sell it. In there end you have air in there causing all the trouble. Simple. That's why I'm coming over to help you.
talk about the blind leading the blind

LOL