PDA

View Full Version : what performance gains can i expect from headers + CAI?

Mugen_Euro
04-05-2010, 11:30 PM
hey guys just wondering what gains i wuld get from headers + CAI (not getting full ehaust done dnt have enough $$$) but yer will i get a noticable amount of acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear?
riding in a euro.
thnx!

dougie_504
05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Headers without cat-back won't be very effective, really need to finish off the exhaust to get the best potential out of the setup.

CAI alone should get you a decent 3-5kw or so, depending on a few variables, but it's mostly the same. Just make sure it's decent, smooth piping and a good filter.

Always do CAI first in my opinion - it's the cheapest and most effective for your dollar.

Mugen_Euro
06-05-2010, 10:56 PM
yer already got CAI got the typhoon with K&N filter and got ct 4 2 1 headers lying in my boot. just wanted to know what gains id get from the headers when i install them?

dougie_504
08-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Depends on a few things, like the heath of your engine etc, but you'll probably get a few KW's or something. A cat-back and high-flow cat will help to open it right up bro :)

Zilli
08-05-2010, 03:45 PM
you will get a little bit... depending on the type of header (4-1, 4-2-1) etc you may see your powerband move accross the rev range... but as stated you'll need the rest of it to get the full potential.... having said that, headers are where the most power is unlocked, so i'd do them before the rest too!

HondaRacer
09-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Better use Comptech Icebox if possible and Toda header, then you see good power accross the rev range ;)

Mugen_Euro
10-05-2010, 09:59 PM
hmm already got the K&N typhoon intake and baught some CT 4 2 1 headers just need the headers installed and im good to go just wanted to know what gains id get....

TheSaint
11-05-2010, 01:55 AM
i have 4-2-1 headers and a SRI with all other parts stock

the SRI isnt very effective because its getting alot of heat soak ... but the Fujita CAI on my Dc2 with no mods gave me really good throttle response and good power across the rev range

i installed 4-2-1 headers without a cat or cat back on my EG and it gave me more low-mid end torque, didnt really change the sound ... a bit more of a woosh lol - it will be alot better with a cat + cat back but we will get there lol