PDA

View Full Version : Gen2 Xsi.. how to tell? And b16a question..

Dxs
16-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey guys, i am gonna sell my s13 soon because of the oinkers.. anyway..
I am pondering about getting a gen2 integra Xsi.. Which is an import with the b16a cable engine in it.. i think hyrdualic b16 came with it later on too but that aint the point..

Just wondering what i should i look for when i am on the market for one, and what are some of the defining features that will tell me it is a genuine Xsi not just an LS with a b16a..
I think i see one driven around my area.. A black one (i am in belgrave). And i notice it comes with stock foglights in the actual headlights.. is this something only a JDM gen2 has?

Also how many k's should be too much for a b16.. i think i see one for sale with 180,000 which is a lot in my book (my s13 has 100 and my old gen1 teg which was an 86 only had 140)..

Anyway hook the Dxs up with the info, y0

:p

VTEChnique
17-12-2004, 10:41 AM
XSi should have factory smoked-tint, and I think black LS were not available in AUS ??

FR33K
17-12-2004, 11:15 AM
black LS were available in australia as 92/93 models

xsi has folding mirrors
climate control
a brake light in the rear spoiler and not on the rear windscreen
i think it should say DA6(XSi) as apposed to DA9 (LS)
an 8K redline tacho
and if your really want detail the handbrake light (on the cluster) should be just a picture of a circle where as the LS brake light says "brake" hehe
thats just a start

Redteg
17-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Ya, the tint will all have a goldish tinge to it, I'd assume all the stickers and things under the hood and tyre/wheel placard would be in Japanese.

If you find any, post the VIN up and we'll be able to tell you. I'll get my workshop manual and post up all the codes.

FR33K
17-12-2004, 03:45 PM
ahh do xsi's have a gold tint..
was wondering why my driver window doesnt match the rest of my car (got it changed when got broken into)

Dxs
17-12-2004, 06:54 PM
ah ok, cool thanks for the info guys..
so there is a high chance if it is black that it is an import..

+ keep the info coming

Redteg
19-12-2004, 07:59 AM
I couldn't get the VIN info, I only have it for US tegs, but as FR33K said it should have DA6 (Xsi) on it as opposed to our DA9 (LS). Interestingly, I have only ever seen two imports in the flesh; one was black and the other burgundy.

Also, the side mouldings are much flatter than ours. And it may have a leather bound steering wheel.

The differences are subtle but many.

stocky
19-12-2004, 08:31 AM
In addition to what has been said above...

They also have different interior seats, not completely cloth like the LS but almost g3 integra like, japanese writing on the two side door trims and drivers side sun visor, concave side mirrors, flare holder in passenger foot well, no sunroof (optional on XSi's unlike standard on LS), no dash dimmer switch, fog light switch separate from stalk, different rear LCA's, no build date but instead where you would find the little blue build date tag, just a big blue plate which says something like EDA6, B16A blah blah, japanese emissions stickers under the bonnet and an import vin such as XXXX1MPORTXXXXXXXXXXX plus a yellow compliance tag if its a personal import.

g2 = :thumbsup:

FR33K
19-12-2004, 11:37 AM
yeh and the headrests in the seats have holes in them where as the LS doesnt..

stocky
19-12-2004, 01:04 PM
side mouldings are thinner, they sit almost flush with the rest of the car and dont have the word DOHC on the front fenders.