PDA

View Full Version : Buyers beware - dodgey itr for sale!!

infurNOS
05-05-2010, 01:54 PM
RESOLVED!
http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=8019 - thanks JDM-05R

My Original Post

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8455262&__sid=12863C19E430&__Qpb=true&Cr=9&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32

i contacted this seller for the VIN and engine number. he will send them to me when he gets off work. I told him i needed them for a revs check and then he added that the vehicle has been recorded as a repairable write off because it was stolen recaros in it?
whats does that mean? i thought it had to be in some kind of accident to have a repairable write off status??
thanks.

2MPRS
05-05-2010, 02:10 PM
its been in an accident to be a repairable write off by the looks of the photos its had a front on cause the hood doesnt sit properly

G-Stick
05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
the insurance company could have written the car off when the recaros got stolen, because the cost of replacing brand new recaros would of been too much.

infurNOS
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
hmmm but recaros only retail for like 2k? so ive been told 2 different stories now so i have no clue. i knew there was something suss about it because it was so low. you guys reckon dont touch it?

DC5.Raven
05-05-2010, 02:43 PM
That front end/hood/bumper looks like its been resprayed. The colour doesnt match.

1900-hustler
05-05-2010, 02:46 PM
the cost of replacing the recaros were deemed to be expensive for insurance companies to repair/replace
they cost 8k each to replace when ordered from the supplier - hence the preference to write off.

the trouble is that thieves used to steal the recaors knowing the car will be written off and auctioned..
buying it back for half the listed price at the time and just bolting the seats back on

im not saying this is what happened in this case.. but a car can be a write off if the recaros were stolen

WATAJK
05-05-2010, 03:49 PM
These people speak the very truth...
Stolen recaros in a DC2R is generally a REPAIRABLE Write Off.. Not statitory...
Brand new Recaros... don't go for 8k each lol...
$5,000 each.. Brand New.... Then again you could have your car written off, buy it back and buy a second hand set and have $$$$ left over...
I wouldnt touch it cause it's always going to have that tag next to it though..

KOHO
05-05-2010, 03:55 PM
huge mismatch of body colour....i think it may be more than just stolen recaros..

and just a tip...usually REVS doesnt tell you much whether the car has been stolen/written-off...if you really like a car and wanna make sure, pay $18 and get a vehicle history check from RTA website....i think $18 is way better than a couple of thousands loss in the future.

just speaking from experience when shopping for my car. lots of cars come in good condition, low mileage and attractive prices. the owners are happy to supply the vin and eng. no. on carsales. but if you do a history check...80% of them are written off....

and i noticed a trend of owners having just 1 key and mostly are written off as well....

just my 2cents

1900-hustler
05-05-2010, 04:03 PM
These people speak the very truth...
Stolen recaros in a DC2R is generally a REPAIRABLE Write Off.. Not statitory...
Brand new Recaros... don't go for 8k each lol...
$5,000 each.. Brand New.... Then again you could have your car written off, buy it back and buy a second hand set and have $$$$ left over...
I wouldnt touch it cause it's always going to have that tag next to it though..

5k maybe these days

but back in early 2005 when my friends seats got stolen they were selling em for 8k lol
he ended up buying SR4s for his car..

anyway the car looks shady.. esp the mismatch in colour as others have picked up on

infurNOS
05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
hmm alright thanks guys, im gonna do that full history check btw, see what it says

JDM-05R
05-05-2010, 04:43 PM
*** dude beware. read this. its been covered by another buyer on Club ITR... for the same car ***

hope this helps!!

http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=8019

infurNOS
05-05-2010, 05:05 PM
oh mate thanks a lot! im definitely not going to bother with this one anymore!!!

MrJDMCivic
05-05-2010, 06:01 PM
just wanted to add my two cents in, i think people bitching/complaining about other peoples cars is stupid. if you know anything about damaged auctions, you can buy a car with just a broken window or with minor hail damage. best thing to do about this car is to do a full nrma inspection if your thinking of buying it instead of assuming whatever. that way you will know what has actually been done as the nrma or state roads inspections spend 2 hours going over the car. and ive seen cars with 50k fail! so thats my 2 cents.

anfernee0525
06-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Don't you guys think QLD's car always come out sweet ?
But the place like punchbowl, Parramatta, Yeegoona in NSW always sells car as a repairable written off 8/10 for some reason..
First few questions i would ask before a buy a car.
Do you have two keys ?
Do you have log book with full services history ?
If they all do, then you can perform a vcheck, a premium would be good, coz it would tell you how many previous owner had the car have.

And ppl like to lie abt the written off status. if you pay for the vcheck, they will tell you exactly, is it cause by Water damage, impact damge, stolen or hail damage something like that.

Hope it would help you

anfernee0525
06-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Poor him, he's a mechanic itself, now there's no way he can sells his car,,