PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

mugeneration
16-12-2004, 08:37 PM
After handing out what i thought was probably a little bit too much for some brand-spanking new components for the front of my car, I'm confronted with the terrible decision of how to fit them in, as the magnet is too big to fit into the factory hole. At the moment, i can see that i have three options:

1. cut away the plastic backing of the speaker areas from the doors so the magnet will fit. This would be the quickest and cheapest option, and would also allow me to mount the grille back over it, leaving a very clean look.

2. use spacers- this would also be pretty cheap and easy, but obviously would leave the notches and other crap on the inside of the grille visible.

3. Make myself some pods for the speakers to fit in. Whilst this would look really cool (if i managed to pull it off), they would probably get in the way, plus I'm not very experienced with either wood or fibreglass resin and stuff like that. Alternatively i could just get a custom one made by the car audio place.

Any thoughts on what i should do? :confused:

Phantasm
16-12-2004, 08:45 PM
This has been covered before, and is in the wrong section.
The double whammy!! Not a good start....

mugeneration
16-12-2004, 08:51 PM
well jeez, ive asked on other sites in their audio section, and they say its got nothing to do with the audio part (technicly they're right, its pretty much about wether to cut into the door or not, making it a model specific question, as there may be something that i could cut into that i might not want to)

so bite me..... :p

toE
17-12-2004, 01:50 AM
The way I see, as you've pointed it out, it's really up to you how you wish to treat your car and speakers.

I'd focus on 1 or 2 atm, as you sound not too confident on 3, but dun let me or anyone stop you from experimenting/exploring your God given talents ;)

With option 1 tho, be sure to shelter your magnet from water and dust.

Good luck with it. :)

And we'll leave this in here for the moment, and see where we go with the replies. ;)

Sp3rMz
17-12-2004, 02:42 AM
This has been covered before, and is in the wrong section.
The double whammy!! Not a good start.... What he said.

In the end it comes down to whats more comfortable to you. Both option 1 and 2 seems to suit you more. If you decide to choise option 3 here is a link that will help you.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13092