PDA

View Full Version : dc2r headlights + indicaters.

RSKEbaby
05-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, Im not 100% sure where to post this but hopefully this section will be right, and yes Ive tried searching but havent found any luck.

But Basically on my dc2r(audm front) the driver side headlight doesnt turn on anymore, ive tryed switching the bulb from the passenger side to the driver, and the driver side bulb to the passenger. basically at this stage, I though the driver side(passenger side bulb) would light up because of the because it was the good working bulb, but I was wrong, It didn't so it wasnt the bulb as it worked before, the passenger side headlight(driver side bulb) still came on, so I reliased the problem wasn't with the bulbs, I also checked the fuse box and everything seems to be in order, and my HI-BEAMS are still working fine.

Hopefully that makes sense, If anyone could help or give a opinion that would be great, as I dont really want to drive around at night with 1 headlight espically because I am on my P's.

Thanks!

VT33CN
05-05-2010, 08:25 PM
You check fuse under steering wheel right? should be 4 x 10amp fuse in red. L + R lowbeam. L+R highbeam.
When you say your highbeam still works is it working for both head lights? or only driver side still?
If highbeam work for both lights than im pretty sure its your lowbeam fuse blown.
Otherwise i have no idea. maybe wiring problem?
I not good with cars but i had similar problem and it turn out to be my lowbeam fuse for driver headlight.
Anyways good luck. let know how it goes.

GSi_PSi
06-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Try and locate the ground wire for your driver side headlights, see if its touching earth (dc2 metal body)

RSKEbaby
06-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Ok so tonight I was free finally, and decided to go work on the car.

So first off checked that both of my high beams were working, yeap everything fine.
Tried low beams again, yeap 1 side works, 1 doesnt.
Took your advice and opened the fuse box under the steering wheel, pulled out the fuse, and what did we have.. a BLOWN FUSE!
So I just took the fuse from the ciggeratte lighter(I dont smoke) and replaced it into the swap, both 10amp so no problems.
Turned on the car then turned on headlights, and ta-da ! both of them came on, was so happy :), let the car run for a little bit to charge it up.
Also cleaned and tighted the wiring in the engine bay, just to make sure nothing was lose.

Thanks Vt33n and Gsi_Psi !

Cheers Michael

GSi_PSi
07-05-2010, 12:20 AM
put another fuse back in ur lighter fuse slot as it lights up ur clock aswell and i think your stereo

RSKEbaby
08-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Clock and Stereo still work as it uses a different fuse. On another note, ive got to get rego done quite soon, and requiring a inspection, I think my shocks/springs and tyres might be a little dodge, anyone know when I could get one done and maybe let it slide? pm if you like.

Thanks!

VT33CN
08-05-2010, 11:29 AM
my local mech is pretty dodgy(for your benefit). last time i wen to get pink slip. they just turn the hazards on, walk around car to check lights -brake-indicators-headlights. they do check tyre however but u can talk out of getting it replaced later.
They didnt even check my suspension and they check my brake by stomping on the pedal to check for resistance. Got a print out for the brake test. LOL.
Pm if your interested. i think it cost me around $30-40 cant remeber.

RSKEbaby
08-05-2010, 04:52 PM
pm'd !