PDA

View Full Version : No holes on my boot for spoiler, DC2

DC2-PWR
05-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Hey guys,

I have purchased a gen 2 mugen wing,

BUT

I can't install it on my integra because I don't have any holes on the boot for the spoiler. Where do I drill the holes? I have no template, can't find them.

Any other tips?

My car is a AUDM 1997 Honda Integra DC2 VTiR,

Help will be muchly apprciated

geeang
05-05-2010, 09:42 PM
They're meant to bolt into the stock spoiler holes.

Since you don't have these holes you'll have to just line up your mugen wing, then mark where the holes are and drill away.
OR
Take it to a panel beater and get them to do it for you.

DLO01
05-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey Moiz. Have you looked from inside the boot? Have a look inside/under and you'll prol see where the holes were as Vtir's did have wings. Your's has prol been bogged over and painted. Punch em through, drill maybe and you'll have your holes.

DC2-PWR
05-05-2010, 10:01 PM
They're meant to bolt into the stock spoiler holes.

Since you don't have these holes you'll have to just line up your mugen wing, then mark where the holes are and drill away.
OR
Take it to a panel beater and get them to do it for you.

I've tried like 2 panel beaters and there like 'we need template'. Maybe I'll give my cousins workshop a go,

thanks though :D

Hey Moiz. Have you looked from inside the boot? Have a look inside/under and you'll prol see where the holes were as Vtir's did have wings. Your's has prol been bogged over and painted. Punch em through, drill maybe and you'll have your holes.

Now I'm getting excited :D, but I'll check tommorow morning its way too cold outside at the moment.

Thank you Deano,

slimx
06-05-2010, 02:01 PM
hey buddy in my opinion go buy a new bootlid .. bootlids without spoilers.. tend to be worth quite the cash to ppl looking for it, You can always MAKE A hole in a bootlid but u cant take away one (yes i know u can but its just to much effort and money).

In my opinion just pic urself up a bootlid with a spoiler stock.. and yeh ull be right. worst case u might ave to paint it but u can always put ur old one back on or just sell that one off make the cash back ;)

Wez_R
06-05-2010, 02:43 PM
hey buddy in my opinion go buy a new bootlid .. bootlids without spoilers.. tend to be worth quite the cash to ppl looking for it, You can always MAKE A hole in a bootlid but u cant take away one (yes i know u can but its just to much effort and money).

In my opinion just pic urself up a bootlid with a spoiler stock.. and yeh ull be right. worst case u might ave to paint it but u can always put ur old one back on or just sell that one off make the cash back ;)

:thumbsup::thumbsup: good idea

tsol0811
06-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Yeah , just either trade or pick up a 2nd hand or new boot with a oem spoiler and sell your spoilerless boot.
Gl on trying

89lude
07-05-2010, 12:22 PM
whered you get the mugen wing from?

DC2-PWR
07-05-2010, 01:31 PM

I'd rather drill a hole then buying a new boot + painting it + the wait. It'll cost so much more than drilling a few holes,

I'm getting some measurements from a mate so I should be okay :D

89lude I got the Mugen Wing from Japan.

89lude
07-05-2010, 03:33 PM
may i ask how much? maybe you can pm me. ive been looking for one. this is anthony from flshs. dont know if you remember me.

I'd rather drill a hole then buying a new boot + painting it + the wait. It'll cost so much more than drilling a few holes,

I'm getting some measurements from a mate so I should be okay :D

89lude I got the Mugen Wing from Japan.

juzza
19-01-2011, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=DC2-PWR;2739920]Hey guys,

I have purchased a gen 2 mugen wing,

hi mate,
shitty problem and Id be the same as you...wanting to drill holes rather than get a diff lid...hey quick question/s.

Is it original?
Can you change the angle of the blade?
AND, where the F#*K did you get it from (if is original) and how much did you pay...? I WANT ONE!