PDA

View Full Version : New with just a few Q's

HogCivic
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi, I've just bought a Vti civic coupe and have 5k spare to do minor modds as I'm on my red P's until later this year. Was wondering what the best modds would be as well if any exterior (bodykits) would be worth it. This car is my daily and I don't plan on making it over the top or flash.

I bought this car with 16" RJR(bobjane) rims and they make noises when I'm driving around is there anyway to stop this from happening.

Cheers

d15z1SUX
05-05-2010, 10:21 PM
get some good coilovers... best mod IMO

Zilli
06-05-2010, 07:42 AM
i would recommend the same as above... doing engine mods will just make a whole lot of noise, and attract unwanted attention... if anything i'd put in a cold air intake and maybe get a bit more agressive with the timing.. otherwise i'd just do some handling mods... as suggested above, coils, swaybars etc

You will get a lot more smile for your dollar with that rather than spending a whole lot on engine mods that you'll get used too in 2 weeks.

HogCivic
08-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys been sussing out prices for coilovers last few days.

dougie_504
09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
What state are you in? Are engine mods legal?

If it's the D-series then do a B16A or B18C2 swap :D

Otherwise I'd do cheap cold air intake, ebay headers, and a 2" mild-steel press-bent exhaust system with a decent highflow cat and nice/generic muffler tip. Would also do coilovers, a good sound system etc.

Andy

_bORdO_
09-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Coilovers
Good HD clutch and fly
wog box (subwoofer)

:cool::thumbsup:

Lukey
09-05-2010, 09:28 PM
get new wheels!

pablos8
09-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Hi, I've just bought a Vti civic coupe and have 5k spare to do minor modds as I'm on my red P's until later this year. Was wondering what the best modds would be as well if any exterior (bodykits) would be worth it. This car is my daily and I don't plan on making it over the top or flash.

I bought this car with 16" RJR(bobjane) rims and they make noises when I'm driving around is there anyway to stop this from happening.

Cheers

5k is quite a bit to play with, as suggested coilovers, sway bars, strut brace, window tint maybe front lip etc

as for your rims try putting them on more carefully, might help. What kind of noises is it making?

Could be rubbing your guards or put on incorrectly.

let us know what you go with :)

HogCivic
18-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Hey thanks for the responses. Works been a bit crap lately I'm up to 6k now >.>
As for my rims they make a kind of domp domp sound as i deccelerate.
Not so sure about getting a sound system as I think the previous owner has changed the speakers and I don't listen to bassy enough music to warrant getting a a sub.
I'm thinking that I might wait for my 150K service and get everything checked out and then start sourcing coilovers, CAI and possibly some body styling maybe reacros?

Anyway thanks for all the responses here's a few pics
http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab170/HogHonda/?action=view&current=DSC00218.jpg
http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab170/HogHonda/?action=view&current=DSC00217.jpg

pablos8
18-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Recaros are always a nice addition :)
if i were you though i'd put a b18 in there :D

HogCivic
18-05-2010, 03:06 PM
P plater remember =[ If only could lol, rather a h22a cheaper to buy

HogCivic
18-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Will EK9 rail + recaros fit into my ej8 with a little amount of trouble?

kevibumz
20-05-2010, 03:00 PM
yeah ek9 rails should be fine. i was thinking of putting recaros in my ej8 as well XD but ended up just getting ek4 seats. but 6k man... gosh. dats plenty.

YaMiKaZe
20-05-2010, 05:23 PM
i'd sell the car. and buy an em1

HogCivic
22-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm not sure i could be bothered stuffing around with trying to sell my car. There does seem to be a large intrest in ej8s though lol

dougie_504
22-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't get recaros for a first mod. Personally they're not designed for people of my height and build, and therefore I've never had much fun with them on daily driving or long-distance drives. Spirited driving sure, they're nice, but for what you pay I'd rather have coilovers.

cheapdouchebag
23-05-2010, 12:57 AM
I'm not sure i could be bothered stuffing around with trying to sell my car. There does seem to be a large intrest in ej8s though lol

agreed, ur not just attracting vtecheads with an ej8, but more likeley those guys/girls who arent into performance and in the early stages of their higher ed careers like a sporty lookin cheap car, ej8 proves that. reliable reputation from the H badge on the car.

i was going to do that to a ej8 but only a budget of 4k. im waiting on fake payslips for a car loan, this old lady had a manual version with 140xxx on the odo, green, stock as rock going for 4.5k and i managed to hustle it down over the phone for 4k. ****ing bargain, but someone came to have a look at the car this evening and i think they would have taken it off her for 4.5k =/ i think i lost it =[

my idea was to get a CAI, a cheap exhaust system including ebay headers and some coilovers. and rest of the dosh would go to cosmetics like respray, em1 taillights ctr style grill and ctr lip.

thats just my idea of what i was gunan do.

dougie_504
23-05-2010, 01:21 PM
my idea was to get a CAI, a cheap exhaust system including ebay headers and some coilovers. and rest of the dosh would go to cosmetics like respray, em1 taillights ctr style grill and ctr lip.

thats just my idea of what i was gunan do.

Good idea mate. That's what I'm doing with my D-series EH9 VTi. Just DIY CAI for $175, some $199 Holley headers (bargain lol) and then I'll get a cheap hi-flo cat and a mild-steel press-bent 2" cat-back with a $50 tip from Super Cheap lol.

Fun to play with, but you just need to make sure you don't approach the realms of B-series affordability, otherwise it's a waste of dosh....

HogCivic
23-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Good idea mate. That's what I'm doing with my D-series EH9 VTi.
Fun to play with, but you just need to make sure you don't approach the realms of B-series affordability, otherwise it's a waste of dosh....

The affordability of B-series? nfi what that means. As for ebay parts... they seem to be a rather generic which causes me to be a bit skeptical about buying parts when I'm not entirely sure if they will properly fit

cheapdouchebag
23-05-2010, 05:03 PM
The affordability of B-series? nfi what that means. As for ebay parts... they seem to be a rather generic which causes me to be a bit skeptical about buying parts when I'm not entirely sure if they will properly fit

yes that is true, but alot of people swear by ebay headers. they belive they work. thats the only thing from ebay id get

aero
23-05-2010, 06:47 PM

i think it means that u shouldnt spend so much money on ur D-series, that u could save towards getting a B-series conversion.

HogCivic
23-05-2010, 09:07 PM
^ Cheers for clearing that up, but seeing as the B series conversion is rather expensive what about a mini-me EM1 cam coversion

MikeyG
23-05-2010, 09:16 PM
wtf??????

dude you 5k right..

DO notihng to your engine... maybe CAI thats all.. get good wheels... good coilovers.. slam it on its ****.. get honda access front lip and rear lip... get visors... ek9 steering wheels... ek9 mats.... ek9 rear seats... good sound system.. rusty bonnet... large amount of stickers.. vision dc mirros with ek base plates

hmm i think my list is abit more then 5k lol

Red_EG4
23-05-2010, 09:26 PM
get your mirrors colour coded.
An EM1 Head won't fit on the D series block.
If you don't have all that much interest in your car why not spend the money elsewhere?

HogCivic
23-05-2010, 10:19 PM
It's not that I don't have interest in my car I just have no clue where to start. I could by all means buy something with all the work already done, but i enjoy a challenge and I'm asking about to see what people think. Anyway I just had a look at those 'rusty' bonnets and I think I'll pass and try panda? Lol, btw Honda access? could you shed some light please.

cheapdouchebag
24-05-2010, 03:16 AM
honda access - honda accessories
spoon - spoon accessories
mugen - mugen accessories
j's racing - j's racing accessories.

if that helps. i hope it does haha

HogCivic
24-05-2010, 08:18 AM
It sure does cheers mate