PDA

View Full Version : Which to buy 1st

x10Hz
06-05-2010, 09:35 PM
So as Im a uni student i got $650 from the government and obviously im going to spend it on my car =D

So what should i get first?
EBC Rotors + Hawks ceramic pads + goodridge brake lines

or

Ingalls ETD and UR pulleys?

PS. If anyone has recommendation for pads/rotors please tell me, i want low dust low noise pads that obviously are better than OEM around the same price

Thanks =D

xntrik
06-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Bendix..
lol. Can get dusty, but its bang for buck daily drivin'

x10Hz
06-05-2010, 10:02 PM
as long as its like less than oem, my rims are black from 1 weeks driving (600kms)

jyh888
06-05-2010, 10:09 PM
theres a stimulus from govt for uni students??! please advise me!

x10Hz
06-05-2010, 10:17 PM
yeah dude, if you are on youth allowance before end of the financial year you get $650/semester as a "uni start bonus"

jyh888
06-05-2010, 11:56 PM
really? im on youth allowance, how do i apply to get this stimulus?? thx

jyh888
06-05-2010, 11:59 PM
and in regards to ur question, upgrade your brakes first :) and use motul RBF600 brake fluid, you will notice an awesome braking improvement, strong bite in! Learn to grasp control and handling of ur car before you add any more power

denot
07-05-2010, 09:51 AM
As Jeremy Clarkson said... "POWAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR"

sodhi90
07-05-2010, 09:55 AM
As Jeremy Clarkson said... "POWAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR"

i used that quote in another thread the other day.. COPY CAT . lol :P

denot
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
^^^ lol :p

raffyboy
07-05-2010, 11:12 AM
get power first i reckon as break arent too bad for my liking

markJDM
07-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I would say power if you an improvement in day to day driving to give you that ooomph since the stock brakes are fairly decent. If you plan to track this baby soon I would say brakes! =)

Lochstar_69
07-05-2010, 06:44 PM
NOS it! ha

euro1603
07-05-2010, 08:16 PM
go for power first, i think the oem brakes are quite good...

x10Hz
07-05-2010, 09:59 PM
really? im on youth allowance, how do i apply to get this stimulus?? thx

Umm, I went to centrelink when i lodged my application and that is what they told me, my gf got the payment, I'm yet to actually receive mine, but I only got the youth allowance confirmation letter two days ago.

So power huh, sounds very tempting ^_^

HondaRacer
07-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Power - like E-manage Ultimate + Intake + Exhaust Header.

P.S. I have tune file for E-manage Ultimate ~ 10 KW at wheels, can sell for 120 usd ;)

vaikis
07-05-2010, 10:44 PM
If you have stock Euro, OEM brakes is very good. If you you are planing to mount turbo or SC, then too weak. Don't spend money where you don't need. I vote for power ;)

x10Hz
08-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Power - like E-manage Ultimate + Intake + Exhaust Header.

P.S. I have tune file for E-manage Ultimate ~ 10 KW at wheels, can sell for 120 usd ;)

No thanks mate, I think ill get the reflash =]

just as a side note, my pads prolly need replacing soon anyway, should i get aftermarket or OEM?

tony1234
08-05-2010, 05:26 PM

just as a side note, my pads prolly need replacing soon anyway, should i get aftermarket or OEM?

Get aftermarket.they'll cost approx.the same as OEM but perform better.

HondaRacer
08-05-2010, 08:51 PM

reflash won't be better believe me. Because it's generic reflash, not for current mods. You won't be able to tune it on Dyno.

x10Hz
08-05-2010, 08:56 PM
so your saying you cant tune a the hondata reflash to match current mods?

HondaRacer
09-05-2010, 01:09 AM
so your saying you cant tune a the hondata reflash to match current mods?

yes, because it's generic flash ;) Ask Hondata if you don't believe me.

x10Hz
09-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I believe you, but will it make that much of a difference? cos if its like a 1-2kw@W difference id rather pay for a reflash rather than like $1000 for a piggyback..

Crapdaz
11-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Question is what mods do you have already? 1 and 2 would be around under $650.
I would choose :
1. rear swaybar
2. Intake
3. Suspension

EBC Rotors + Hawks ceramic pads + goodridge brake lines <--- change these at a later time i'd say or when you are due for your brake pad change, + hawks leaves alot of red brake dust.

or

Ingalls ETD and UR pulleys? <---- this is only worth it if you are willing to pay sh1tload of dough for not much performance + bling as i have it on my car, plus if you leave your car for 4+ days your battery might khack it or struggle to start.
The ETD is worth it as it reduces engine rocking, and make a slight noticeable difference in controlling wheel spin too.

As the UR pulleys underdrives the alternator.

NOTE: If you get the ETD there is a possible chance you might need to grind down the ETD bracket which goes on the driver side engine mount to clear the stock/UR pulley.

x10Hz
12-05-2010, 08:41 AM
ok, i currently only have an injen cai, will be getting buddyclub N+ soon. so based on that, what do you think. I dont mind spending money on the car for bling and a slight performance increase, saying that, doesnt mean im not on a budget...

can you suggest pads with low dust?

Crapdaz
12-05-2010, 10:39 AM
ok, i currently only have an injen cai, will be getting buddyclub N+ soon. so based on that, what do you think. I dont mind spending money on the car for bling and a slight performance increase, saying that, doesnt mean im not on a budget...

can you suggest pads with low dust?
atm best bang for buck would be rear swaybar + your suggestion of ingalls ETD.

sorry mate i've still got my hawks on so i can't refer you to dustless pads.

x10Hz
12-05-2010, 01:19 PM
i see, i really want a rsb, so you would suggest it over the UR pulley set?

Crapdaz
12-05-2010, 02:26 PM
It is hard to choose what mod you want next when money is an issue.
But if you are not getting suspension anytime soon then the rear swaybar is the next mod you should be looking at next (if you install RSB w/ Suspension then the performance diff is not too noticeable).

Yes, RSB you can have for around $180-300 depending what you get,

UR pulley unless you can find second hand, brand new sets you back $450 not including labour (undo power steering pulley, alternator pulley, driveshaft pulley *needs drive crank shaft pulley removal tool* )

Installing UR pulley should also replace the pulley belt(around $70, hard to find in Oz) as the UR pulleys are slightly larger so the stock belt would be slightly looser.

x10Hz
12-05-2010, 02:33 PM
yeah, i have around $650 to spend on the parts, for the coilovers, im waiting for my tax return to come, then ill be getting those.. I think you have convinced me on the rsb, ill probably get a front strut aswell from heeltoe, so im not paying shipping twice. Would that be worth it?
What brands would you suggest? for that sorta money..

denot
12-05-2010, 02:43 PM
yeah, i have around $650 to spend on the parts, for the coilovers, im waiting for my tax return to come, then ill be getting those.. I think you have convinced me on the rsb, ill probably get a front strut aswell from heeltoe, so im not paying shipping twice. Would that be worth it?
What brands would you suggest? for that sorta money..
Since RSB will be un-noticeable after you install coilovers, I think you should just wait till tax return to get the coilovers (1-2 months) and spend the extra $650 for something else

x10Hz
12-05-2010, 02:47 PM
is the front strut brace worth getting, if im getting coilovers?

Crapdaz
12-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I got my rsb from them as well i think they only source progress and comptech or neuspeed.
I ended up getting the 20mm progress one and it was a direct fit no problems compared to whiteline 18mm.

strut bar i only had cusco front strut, <-- havent tried any other, cusco you MIGHT need to grind down the bracket to fit the ingalls ETD or vice versa so it doesn't scrub against it, and another NOTE: the A/C line + brake lines might scrub against the cusco too, so worst case you may need to slip in a bit of cut hose to stop the friction.

Front strut is more of a bling factor but tightens up the front end steering, understeer.

RSB helps in terms of reducing body roll when cornering (keeping it flat on the road) even when you have coilovers or suspension mods.

My opinion from most difference in performance or ride comfort/handling to least of the parts we talked about.
Obviously...1. Coilovers/spring-shock combo (more money)
2. RSB
3. Cusco tower FSB/Ingalls ETD
4. UR Pulley (makes steering lighter though)

- Cusco is worth getting if you like tighter steering and front end for understeering.

Hope this has helped.
Daz

x10Hz
12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
mate your a champion =D thanks for the advice.

PS. you said you had the UR pulley right? did you have major issues with the battery because of under driving? from what i have read on tsxclub and emails from heeltoe they said they havnt had any issues and it was the most bang for you buck mod in terms of KW/$.

Crapdaz
12-05-2010, 10:37 PM
yes it's still on atm.

Not much problems with it, if you have a hardcore sound system i wouldn't recommend getting it as a precaution.

I wouldn't say its bang for buck mod as its not significant.

too bad your not in sydney, or i could offer to sell you my progress RSB as i don't have it on.