PDA

View Full Version : Pulling to the left

DAVEURO
09-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Euro R 2003 ..

Got 4 new Goodyear Eagles fitted recently and all of a sudden the car is pulling to the left when accelerating. No pull when braking. The alignment was corrected on all 4 wheels but problem is still there.No apparent wear is noticeable on the suspension bushes and joints.
Can anyone help.

limleong
09-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Euro R 2003 ..

Got 4 new Goodyear Eagles fitted recently and all of a sudden the car is pulling to the left when accelerating. No pull when braking. The alignment was corrected on all 4 wheels but problem is still there.No apparent wear is noticeable on the suspension bushes and joints.
Can anyone help.

If you have ruled out other factors such as unequal air pressures, suspension, bushes and joints then I would suggest that the alignment is not done correctly at the tyre shop. I have two occasions in hte past where wheel alignment has to be done a second time for the car to track stright becaue the first technician did not quite get it right first time.

DAVEURO
09-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks ,

The car is straight, suspension seems to be in order.
Its just that on the old tyres which were badly worn and in poor condition the car drove perfect without pulling.
I noticed in some other reports something about assymetrical directional tyres causing problems.
The new tyres are Goodyear eagle F1 assymetrical 215/45/17.

Crapdaz
11-05-2010, 05:59 PM
the car general pulls to the left no matter what as it is to prevent oncoming collisions.

You prob feel it more now due to the new tyres as your old tyres were worn in.
Also are you testing it on a flat rd or cambered rd? As the euro stock alignment settings have been set to veer slight left in general to negate the camber in the rd.

Hope this helps, also the euro tends to have tramlining.

buddah51au
14-05-2010, 01:21 PM
An old trick, swap your front tyres from side to side. If it then pulls in the opposite direction which is a good possibility, put the offending tyre on the back.

Crapdaz
14-05-2010, 01:31 PM
An old trick, swap your front tyres from side to side. If it then pulls in the opposite direction which is a good possibility, put the offending tyre on the back.
assuming your tyres are bidirectional.

buddah51au
14-05-2010, 02:24 PM
if they r directional swap front to back, or get the tryes turned around on the rim so they can be run on the opposite side. it s not all that uncommon for tyres to be the culprit.

lefty
14-05-2010, 02:37 PM
stop playing Beyonce on your stereo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrhhnGW2wII&NR=1

sodhi90
14-05-2010, 04:02 PM
stop playing Beyonce on your stereo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrhhnGW2wII&NR=1

hahaha WHAT THE ^^^^

Kodak
14-05-2010, 04:15 PM
trying using your right hand...or both, lol

DAVEURO
14-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the replies,

Its not the road camber because it will happen if i drive on the other side of the road.
Im getting the suspension checked again and will try tyre rotation.
I can now change lanes with my right foot .. Power on goes left , power off goes straight .Suspect lower arms are the problem.

Crapdaz
14-05-2010, 10:20 PM
if they r directional swap front to back, or get the tryes turned around on the rim so they can be run on the opposite side. it s not all that uncommon for tyres to be the culprit.
expensive though like $20/wheel.

buddah51au
15-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Most reputable tyre dealers would not charge for this (providing you brought the tyres from them) as it has been a known problem with tyres for many years. An easy way to check if it is the tyre causing the problem is that it would cause the vehicle to pull the opposite way when you change sides. It is then just a matter of putting the offending tyre on the rear.

DAVEURO
17-05-2010, 04:49 AM
I changed over the front tyres and car then pulled to the right which proves it is the tyre causing the problem.
I then put the offending tyre on the rear and all is well. Car drives like new.
Will be back at the tyre shop tomorrow demanding a replacement tyre . As far as Im concerned the problem tyre is not safe
even though it is now on the rear with no pulling. At 120 euro each you would expect better..

Many thanks for all the advice.

buddah51au
17-05-2010, 06:43 AM
I changed over the front tyres and car then pulled to the right which proves it is the tyre causing the problem.
I then put the offending tyre on the rear and all is well. Car drives like new.
Will be back at the tyre shop tomorrow demanding a replacement tyre . As far as Im concerned the problem tyre is not safe
even though it is now on the rear with no pulling. At 120 euro each you would expect better..

Many thanks for all the advice.

I am happy my advice helped. It is not a problem with the tyre, nor is it dangerous. Actually it is quite common & the common thought in the trade is it is caused by the belts being slightly off center. I seriously doubt they will replace the tyre.