PDA

View Full Version : Dc2r speakers help!

anfo2gig
09-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Hey Guys,

I want to buy 2 pair of speakers but not too sure on what to get for that i am quite noob in sound systems.

My car has 2 front speakers (shitty kenwood speakers), kicker amp (kx300.4) which is connected to nothing and i have a pioneer HU (PIONEER DEHP6500)

What I want to achieve out of this is just to listen music clearly. ATM when i'm on the freeway doing 110km/h, i have to pump it up quite loud i hn order to hear the music (sound is all distorted when pumped, so i rather just not have it on....) and i'm on a tight budget, since sound is not my priorty for the car but sometimes I would like to listen to some music. Music i listen to are Rnb and Slow jam.

I was thinking of getting these for the front (http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=CS2389&CATID=15&form=CAT&SUBCATID=609) and putting the kenwoods at the back (since back speaker is blown). Would this be good enough for my purpose?

Thanks

quangsuke
09-05-2010, 06:01 PM
rather spend your money on some good speakers now rather then replacing it later down the track.
if your on a budget i recommend JB Hi-Fi they are the best place to go. i got speakers all round on my car JVC 260W for 150 which were perfect. =D

goodluck.

2MPRS
09-05-2010, 06:13 PM
if your not after anything that special you could find some cheap 2nd hand ones off ebay or gumtree for a quater of the price.

anfo2gig
09-05-2010, 06:40 PM
thanks for the response, what do you think of the speakers mentioned above from jaycar?

riruiz_88
09-05-2010, 06:51 PM
if your still wanting to go for Jaycar speakers, go for the Response line up. have heard/read of great reviews from these speakers. even winning competitions, and still quite cheap. im currently running a Jaycar Response amp 4channel, and it does the job well for me. slim design and good power.
brand named speakers are not the end all be all. if your not stuffed about the rear speakers, then just put the fronts to the rears. but you might have some trouble as the fronts are usually bigger than the rear.
if you want clear music, might also be better to go for splits at the front. splits have the woofer and tweeter mounted separately, and you can also adjust then to your needs.

anfo2gig
09-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks riruiz_88

yeh I dont really take any passengers so i dont care about my rears :) so would be swapping the current front to rear as you suggested.
From what I know the dc2r front and rear speaker is 6", correct me if Im wrong

what about this speaker that i found on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-American-BOSS-6-5-CAR-SPEAKERS-250-WAT-4-WAY-/270565309982?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3efef2fe1e#ht_4200wt_1165) or the jay car one would be better?

riruiz_88
09-05-2010, 07:29 PM
i havent heard much from those speakers, but the Response speakers are great. have a mate with these and they sound crisp.
you should be able to go into jaycar and give you a demo on the speakers, to see if it what you like.
no sure about the size of the rear speakers on the DC2R, sorry.
would you be installing the amp? if so, to power what speakers?

anfo2gig
09-05-2010, 08:49 PM
i have a KX300.4 kicker amp (4 channel) and will be using it to connect all 4 speakers. is that possible?

thanks

2MPRS
10-05-2010, 12:20 AM
stay away from american boss they are horrible lol. jaycar make some really good value for money audio gear but like the post above go for the response line. and yes you will be able to connect 4 speakers to a 4channel amp (1channel per speaker)

vtecing
10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
even if u dont take rear passengers its still worth wile having good speakers in the back. I have focals all round in my car. I installed the front pair first while i waited for the rears to arive and there was a huge difference after installing the rears.

anfo2gig
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys
but unfortunately the splits from jaycar all sold out :(

Any other speaker you guys can recommend me for under $100

What do you guys think of this speaker (http://carstereoworld.com/store/index.php?c=caraudio&n=226184&i=B0032FOJKW&x=Clarion_SRQ1621S_6_12_2_Way_Component_Speaker_Sy stem)?