PDA

View Full Version : gen 4 prelude

phils_herre
27-11-2003, 11:48 PM
hey all...

im just curious as too why there are so many preludes for sale up here in brisbane (around the 93-95 model)...

like ive been looking in the car yards and papers but there are practically no integra's (vtir or gsi, 93-97) for sale or civic (vtir)... it sux big time...

just wondering if any current or former owners know of any major problems that occur with the preludes that may not occur with the civics or tegs.,..

or are there any major prob's that occur with 4th gen preludes... :roll:

poid
28-11-2003, 07:53 AM
None that i've heard of...

a mate's had one for 4-5 years now, runs flawlessly. And never heard any major issues at all with them

Rowie
28-11-2003, 09:01 AM
you goto watch the 4WS ! :?

poid
28-11-2003, 10:09 AM
do you know anyone that has had 4WS fail or anything? I know people who have crashed cos of it (makes the car a little more tail happy!) but no failures

phils_herre
28-11-2003, 05:06 PM
lol that is true... ive heard bout probs with 4ws and some ppl with there sunroofs and rust.. no biggies...

just lost as to why there are 8 ludes for sale to 1 teg... :x

wat about parts on that note... are lude parts more expensive than teg parts...

LUD02C
28-11-2003, 05:09 PM
Problems with sunroof only if you don't clean the water pipe things!
Rust, i have a little but it's going soon :D

4WS is SHIT
The Prelude should of been a RWD car!
Honda was on drugs when designing it

n/a
28-11-2003, 09:59 PM
farr.. gen4 lude is sweet! damn stock bucket seats!

crash coz of 4WS? don't see how unless you don't know how to use it properly

94vtirozguy
29-11-2003, 10:59 AM
alos not sure how the 4ws caused a crash. When the 4ws stuffs up, it goes into fail safe mode which locks the back wheels, this causes the car to run in 2ws mode like a normal car. :roll:

poid
29-11-2003, 11:00 AM
its easy to do when coming from a non-4ws car. Like if you are going through a corner quite quickly and your steering, hitting a mid-corner bump can be enough to send the tail out berfore you know it.

When my bro first got his he spun it in a roundabout cos of the 4ws, and a mate of mine crashed his gen4 going through a roundabout and having the rear wheels go over some reflectors on the road

Once you are used it to though i reckon 4WS is great, especially for parking

94vtirozguy
29-11-2003, 01:33 PM
its easy to do when coming from a non-4ws car. Like if you are going through a corner quite quickly and your steering, hitting a mid-corner bump can be enough to send the tail out berfore you know it.

When my bro first got his he spun it in a roundabout cos of the 4ws, and a mate of mine crashed his gen4 going through a roundabout and having the rear wheels go over some reflectors on the road

Once you are used it to though i reckon 4WS is great, especially for parking

saying all that, it's not exactly the 4WS failing or malfunctioning, it is driver incompetence.

azjs
29-11-2003, 03:18 PM
And road uh, "crappiness" :)

-az

poid
29-11-2003, 08:27 PM
No, its not a malfunction or anything, its the driver being caught out

Once you know how it works, 4ws is plenty fun :D

phils_herre
29-11-2003, 10:45 PM
so how is 4ws dif to ludes without it, wats the main function

azjs
30-11-2003, 02:36 AM
The rear wheels steer in conjunction with variables such as front wheel steering angle and vehicle speed. They only steer a limited angle, but at low speeds, the rear wheels steer in the opposite direction as the front wheels to lessen the turning radiius of the car and is handy for u-turns and parking.

At high speeds in excess of 70kmh, the rear wheels then turn towards the same angle as the front wheels to aid in overtaking. From personal experience, I also feel that 4ws allows you to take a wider turn-in angle since the rear wheels allow the current line to be 'tightened' throughout a turn... takes some getting used to though.

-az

RichieTougeBattle
30-11-2003, 12:34 PM
i have 4ws and ive had no problems . i carnt really tell the difference now .