PDA

View Full Version : Euro CD/Aux buton not working

ImSkitzoAndSoAmI
11-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey all. Joined up when my wife got her 07 Euro last year. Bit of a lurker...

We bought the Euro because we always liked my Uncle/Aunts 03 or 05 one. Theirs has had a problem for a while now which they told me was a faulty CD player. Today when my uncle was dropping me home I was playing with it and realised it wont switch from the radio to CD/Aux. I was pressing the button on the dash, but they would have been trying with the steering wheel button. The AM/FM button works fine. My Uncle/Aunts car doesn't have sat nav.

Can anyone here offer any help or suggestions to fixing this problem? The local dealer wanted to replace the whole unit for something like $2,500 :thumbdwn:

xxb4xx
11-05-2010, 09:31 PM
get an aftermarket unit installed mate.. to be honest i've never owned a car that had a problem with the factory head-unit, until I bought the euro.. that goes for the Aircon compressor sound, and also the clutch creak.

They must've had a family picnic day for the Quality control guys, when the Euro was being built.

Kodak
14-05-2010, 08:10 PM
if you insert a CD does it play?

ImSkitzoAndSoAmI
15-05-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm not sure - I'll find out.

Mugen_Euro
17-05-2010, 12:10 AM
my euro cd players fkd... duno why but every now and then it stops reading the disc... bloody anoying and no its not that the disct is scratched coz it happenss to all of em even when their brand new or newly burned...

ndeuro_
21-05-2010, 07:17 AM
DO you want mine? i got aftermarket headunit. ill swap ya mine one for yours, cash my way. let me know. btw only swapping if ur aircon still works

yashirosam
10-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Mine is fked too....dealer code me 680 to get a replacement unit...btw that dash unit is a panasonic unit. Appearently only techinician in Melb knows the way to fix it or replace it and im staying in WA. SIGH!!!

As the CD button wont work because the Unit automatically shuts down by itself if it detect an error in reading those Burn disc. Dont play anymore CDs.

P/S: ndeuro: Do u want to swap with mine. Cash your way. Let me know. thanks

03 Stock LUV CL9