PDA

View Full Version : Question for guys who have CF bonnet...

bagaichiban
17-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Hi guys

Just wondering, for those who have CF bonnet on their car, do u guys get cops' attention and get pull over easily? i know pure CF is legal. BUT, it's not my concern, i am asking if cops easily get excited and pull u over for a check because they saw ur black bonnet~i don't like to be pull over even though after they check my bonnet they let me go...

i am seriously thinking buying one these days..

Thanks for any suggestion or opinion~!

Chi
17-12-2004, 09:49 PM
If your afraid to be pulled over then dont get one, simple as that

otherwise get one , cos many ppl have it and as long as you arent driving like a dickhead you shouldnt have probs.

And when was pure Cf LEGAL????

DavidLing
17-12-2004, 11:00 PM
if your Jazz is black in colour, then it is hard to get cops' attention, because it is not too easy to define that is CF colour or your original black colour!! ha ha!! :D

I heard any CF is illegal in Australia, coz' Aust. Government still didn't make any safety standard for CF boonet, so it still consider is illegal modification! (correct me if i am wrong!!)

bagaichiban
17-12-2004, 11:01 PM
if your Jazz is black in colour, then it is hard to get cops' attention, because it is not too easy to define that is CF colour or your original black colour!! ha ha!!
Well...my car is bright WHITE~lol~~~

bagaichiban
17-12-2004, 11:03 PM
And when was pure Cf LEGAL????
Not sure, but i read someone said so on this forum when they talked abotu CF bonnet..

DavidLing
17-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Well...my car is bright WHITE~lol~~~
oh!! but really a lot of ppl have installed CF, so u may consider to go ahead!!

but just wordering what is your point to install a CF, is it really light so that it can let the car reduce a lot of engergy to run?:confused:

vtc
17-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Just becasue other people do it does not mean you can. Its illegal and you may (able to) be fined if caught with one. With a white car its sort of a dead giveaway.

CF hoods are racing equipment that makes the car light which means the engine has to work alot less to move the car. HOWEVER by simply having a CF hood does nothn because the general rule is for every 40kgs you lose, you gain 0.1s down the 1/4. Which is not much at all..

So at the end of the day its all for looks. And up to you if you think you can afford the fines.

Hope that helps.

DavidLing
18-12-2004, 02:40 AM
Woo!! clear information!!

bagaichiban
18-12-2004, 10:32 AM
vtc got the point~

Well, basically, for me, the purpose for buying a CF bonnet is pure for the look. just like bodykit..(not for aero dynamic purpose at all)...

spoon fit
18-12-2004, 05:43 PM
but for me...light weight = save petrol

VTEC16
18-12-2004, 06:14 PM
vtc got the point~

Well, basically, for me, the purpose for buying a CF bonnet is pure for the look. just like bodykit..(not for aero dynamic purpose at all).......i would get one and paint it the stock color....then you get no cops...and just get the aerodynamic benefit!!!;)

Sp3rMz
18-12-2004, 06:39 PM
I would get one anyway. Cops don't normally dick you for it. Thats the risk you have to take if you want one. If its for a wank factor, paint your bonnet black does the job and still looks good without getting in trouble. Do you wanna take a risk of copping a fine for such a silly thing. I know I would :D but would you. LOL

DavidLing
19-12-2004, 01:19 AM
but for me...light weight = save petrol
How much petrol can save after u installed the CF bonnet?? I don't think it save a lot!

Sp3rMz
19-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Well don't think its gonna make ur wallet any thicker if that counts LOL.

civiceg9
19-12-2004, 01:59 AM
....i would get one and paint it the stock color....then you get no cops...and just get the aerodynamic benefit!!!;)
Mugen Dynamite just paint there cf bonnet red :cool:

eknine
19-12-2004, 11:29 AM
think abt it this way, when drivers do get busted for having cf, these cf are usually poor in quality, construction and primary the choice of material.

it will only take one person with a cheap hood constructed with prro choice of material to spoil it for the masses,

think safety for yourself, think for the masses;)

JDM Element
19-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Only choose a well known company that has proven, top quality products when choosing a CF bonnet, such as Vis. They are one of the top makers of CF bonnets and all their products are made fom the high quality materials

It is quite a risk though, and the difference in weight will be not noticable when driving. IMO CF bonnets look awsome, but dont trick urself into thinking that u will be improving the performance of the car, because the gains will be minimal.

TypeG
19-12-2004, 11:57 PM
illegal or not is not a problem unless u going keep yr car in stock form.
U like it, go for it
i dun have any problem so far even there is a cop next to me.... lol with my HID
so all depends how u drive...

bigteethygrin
20-12-2004, 10:51 PM
:D not very helpful but i reckon you wont get little dents from stuff like stones on the freeway.. or if your cat likes to sleep on the bonnet

civ_sik
21-12-2004, 09:45 PM
i think you should buy it if you want as its your decision and if youre worried about it been illegal of not ask you local transport deparment and get it clarified... then you can make your own decision as its your car.

aimre
21-12-2004, 10:02 PM
One thing im suprised no one has mentioned is insurance....

will u company cover u if ur in a crash (remember, there not gov. approved)..... or if ur hood hurts someone will u foot their bill (remember CF doesnt bend but shatters into sharp shard)

DavidLing
21-12-2004, 10:13 PM
One thing im suprised no one has mentioned is insurance....

will u company cover u if ur in a crash (remember, there not gov. approved)..... or if ur hood hurts someone will u foot their bill (remember CF doesnt bend but shatters into sharp shard)Oh!! that is so true!! I totally forget about the insurance. Did anyone ask about it with the insuracne company??
And same problem of changing the alloy wheels, i know that in law, u can go 2" more, but my insurance company allow me to go 1" more only!!:thumbdwn: