PDA

View Full Version : eg4 breeze 93 swap d15b Vtec Helpp

exshankerz
13-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Hey guys first time posting on this thread hope you guys can be helpfull
Okay..... i have a Eg4 93 breeze i recenlty Blew my engines it needs a new one
i have bought a d15b Vtec Now since $ is running Low can i use the Exsisting Lume wiring for the d15b Vtec i know i will have too get a p08 or p28 Ecu my budget is 2.7
it is just a huge job to get a new Lume for labor will it be able to work? :P any tricks ect cheers Guys!
<3
Oh also yeah what the mechanic said he can put the d15b engine in and convert it to a carb and then we wont have to spend extra 2k on other parts but that means a pefticly good Vtec engine is not using the Vtec i would rather have that extra power.
Would the engine still use the 130Hp? the way it is setup i am fair new to cars so learning the lingo bear with me.
so basicly on topic eg4 Lume Wires will they work with a d15b Vtec?

patto14
14-05-2010, 02:53 PM
breeze loom wont work as it was carby get a loom for a vtec civic shud cost 2 much have u got everything to convert it to efi??

pablos8
14-05-2010, 04:22 PM
hey try searching, theres quite a few threads on this

~Sp33~
14-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey guys first time posting on this thread hope you guys can be helpfull
Okay..... i have a Eg4 93 breeze i recenlty Blew my engines it needs a new one
i have bought a d15b Vtec Now since $ is running Low can i use the Exsisting Lume wiring for the d15b Vtec i know i will have too get a p08 or p28 Ecu my budget is 2.7
it is just a huge job to get a new Lume for labor will it be able to work? :P any tricks ect cheers Guys!
<3
Oh also yeah what the mechanic said he can put the d15b engine in and convert it to a carb and then we wont have to spend extra 2k on other parts but that means a pefticly good Vtec engine is not using the Vtec i would rather have that extra power.
Would the engine still use the 130Hp? the way it is setup i am fair new to cars so learning the lingo bear with me.
so basicly on topic eg4 Lume Wires will they work with a d15b Vtec?

Obviously the engine wouldn't be rated at 130 hp if it was still running a carb and no VTEC. It would be cheaper to buy a shell with the fuel injected harness already in it, and just swap the engine you have into it. Make some money by selling your shell.

Just a thought.

exshankerz
15-05-2010, 01:43 AM
thankts patto14.

pablos8 yeah there is but there are diffrent to what i am getting done :)

sp33 yeah thought so about the Hp good idea but my bussines is paying for it , i cant do that bussines covers Repairs that would not go under that.

thanks guys for the time being i am just letting the mech do his thing and gonna save up and get the engine all sorted out main part at this time is to be able to get to A too B

Just 1 more Thing the mech says the Vtec is Hydrolic so....older model? His not sure if does that mean if its not hooked up 2 the ecu it still might work?
thx

RandyRhydah
15-05-2010, 03:37 PM
is this speaking from experiance?

breeze loom wont work as it was carby get a loom for a vtec civic shud cost 2 much have u got everything to convert it to efi??

patto14
16-05-2010, 10:28 PM
u no ive dne alot of reserch on this roy haha

MWAKU
16-05-2010, 10:44 PM
will the vtec vs non vtec be that much power difference? its a sohc isnt it, 1.5L? all you will be missing is sound

jst save urself 2 grand, why spend 2 grand for a sound, and something u dont even need for daily ;)

~Sp33~
17-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Didn't the d15 with 3 stage vtec make 130hp?

Unless he's talking about a different d15.