PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R climate control

Dvius_Honda
27-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey

i have a 2000 civic CXI... and i picked up a EK Civic Type R climate control. All the necessary wiring looms are there for the Type R climate control. So has anyone done this conversion before? will it be a simple plug in??? or do i need the complete civic Type R dash wiring loom???

Could anyone help me out please??

thanks

Civic Type R
28-11-2003, 12:01 AM
yes i did it 2 weeks ago :)

Its a direct plug in for a VTiR but for a cxi i wouldnt have a clue.
I got the guys who installed my stereo to do it for me. I saw them take the whole dash apart to do it tho as there are many screws underneath and behind the 2 bottons up the top to remove.
One thing tho, be careful u dont snap the clips at the top of the centre console upon removing it or on the new ctr piece.
It took the pros about 45 mins atleast to do it so i'd personally get someone who knows how to do it first.
btw, ive stripped my whole interior by myself but this piece i just found too difficult to do by myself. Not to mention the damn blue cable you have to hook up !

good luck with it mate :)

http://www.westnet.com.au/atp110/gallery/images/car_shows/EK4-9-front.jpg

Dvius_Honda
28-11-2003, 02:20 AM
hey

thanks for the reply... my civic dash is different from that one... it has the double din space... and the control nobs are on the side... and know space where the clock normally is. but it is still carbon fibre like that one... i spose cause it is the later civic type R to yours.

and yeah there is only one blue chord to connect?? idoes the cxi have it????? Do i need to take the whole dash apart to try install it? and where did you get them dials?? do u know where i can get a civic type R or VTIR tacho cluster???

genesis
28-11-2003, 10:35 AM
I'm assuming you bought something like this?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p4fd7038c1fa3a0a5140cdc69d9e22105/faf32705.jpg

The dash you bought is off 99/2000 CTR. To install it in an Aussie EK is a MAJOR HASSLE. I don't think you know what you got yourself into. It's not a straight swap.

read this site for instructions
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=605432

Civic Type R
28-11-2003, 12:28 PM
umm damn bro, i think u just dug a little hole for yourself.
I like that double din version but yes id definately have to agree with [Genesis] that u either got the wrong one or will have a lot of trouble linking everything all up.

The cxi controlls and wiring are different to the ctr one u bought.
Id have got the type i got and that would have been a hell of a lot easier to hook up.
But nothing is impossible without a good auto electrician i guess.
Good luck with it and you will be the first i know who has done it to a CXi ! ;)

genesis
28-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Also, if you read the instructions...

Conversion Requirements

1) 99+ Climate Control console with Climate harness (goes from console to heater core main plug)
2) 99+ Complete heater core Box
3) 99+ Complete Blower Box
4) 99+ Heater core harness (should be attached to the Heater core)
5) 99+ Center Dash vent (is contoured to position the vents to the right where the console has them)
6) Coolant.

NOTE. 99+ civic in USA and Japan have the above, not Aussie civ.

Dvius_Honda
28-11-2003, 07:42 PM
yeah that is the one i have, (the one in the picture). I didnt buy it, it came with the car that i bought.

So in short, is it possible to install???? or is it not worth the hassle??? have you tried it before????

Thanks

genesis
28-11-2003, 08:56 PM
What do u mean it came with the car? Do you have a pic?

Civic Type R
28-11-2003, 08:58 PM
dude, i'll swap you my old one - which is a perfect match and fully compatible. Or if you want to do a deal im sure we can arrange something ?

Let me know what you think - because i honestly dont think the EK9 one will work in your cxi.

tanghy
29-11-2003, 01:23 AM
sell the thing on ebay and get some money back

eknine
29-11-2003, 08:42 AM
good luck finding someone who has that dedication to help you fix that.....the only one i can think of will be someone in sydney...but you won't do it coz installation cost will cost more than what you bought it..and honestly, i don't want to guess who you bought it from(if you bought this in NSW), but the person who sold it to you would have told you that its quite a task to have it fix;)

seriously...sell it off mate, too much hassle..and honestly the piece that CTR has is worth slightly more than in return when compared to yours... i seconded what tangy mentioned sell it and i say b4 its get obsolete....ppl in the states has more use than for it ......

i say your return is in the range of US$250 to abt low US300 for it if you do it on ebay....

CTR's piece are selling either at flat rate of USD250(bad condition) or it could go as high as in the range of highend USD300 to USd400.

if you are still keen...genesis have led you in the right direction and infact done the h/w requirement for you.

eknine
29-11-2003, 08:46 AM
btw Dvius you mentioned it came with the car....hum, don't tell me yours is the sleeper which has the b18c1 in it eh? 8)

mo
29-11-2003, 10:11 AM
yea divus, which car did u buy that came with the climate control? was it a blue civic? :D

Dvius_Honda
16-12-2003, 10:33 PM
hey

what i meant by - that it came with my car, yeah i purchased a civic with the b18c engine... and the previous owner gave it to me aswell.... hmmmm the process of installing the type r climate control is too much for me and i dont have much time... well does anyone want to make me any offers for it ???

it is in perfect condition... and looks exactly the same as the example shown above... so reply if your interested or want to know more.

thanks

luzinit
16-12-2003, 10:41 PM
mmm is this speedracr's car ?? :) well old car.. i think charles was his name??

Civic Type R
17-12-2003, 11:02 AM
PM me dude with a price :)

VTEChnique
18-12-2003, 10:52 AM
that console is out of EP1 civic type R isnt it ??

Civic Type R
19-12-2003, 12:35 AM
Bede, i know u mentioned this to me today but the CTR is only an EK9.
Even tho several cosmetic changes were done, including a new Civic Type Rx model, the chassis code still stayed EK9.

cybermivec
23-12-2003, 01:30 PM
This is Dvius_honda

hmmmm ill sell the complete console that is in perfect condition for $250???? i can send digital photos of it to whom wants them...

Or

instead of money. i would prefer to trade this part for some other parts that might come in handy to me... additional money can be also be exchanged from both parties.

these are the parts that im interested in finding from wreckers:
VTIR rev cluster or type R
GLI or VTI electric windows. eg - trims, looms etc
Cup holders
Compartment behind handbrake.
etc

make an offer...

Perry
26-02-2005, 03:23 PM
mmm is this speedracr's car ?? :) well old car.. i think charles was his name??\

i thought charles car was sold to CIVIC-R

badsector
26-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Would the cluster have any trouble fitting an EK4?

I've read over the thread but still a little confused. Don't know if you guys are referring to a CXI or EK Civics in general when you say that the climate control piece is alot of trouble to fit. I've been contemplating on changing mine, but I am not sure whether it would be a feasible job.

Perry
26-02-2005, 03:41 PM
changing to the double din climate control takes time to do

CivicModz
22-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Do u want a double-din spot in your non-type R climate??
SO u can put an in-dash screen or whatever..

(1) remove your climate control
(2) fabricate climate dash to make a double-din
(3) get the aftermarket climate unit that plugs directly into your factory harness to suit 92-00 civic/accords!

Oh, if your wondering where the buttons go for the climate controls, they are all controlled via a half credit-card sized remote.

in return u get:
- 6 fan settings
- 13 heat/cool setting
- special demister function
- optional LCD insert which replaces your rear demister button to view vent locations, heat/fan settings etc.

:)

pgclee
22-09-2005, 11:24 PM
don't change, just get my car...hehehe..

CivicModz
22-09-2005, 11:28 PM
heheh, cool.. u have a pic?

misteR_bilzz
09-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Bumping and old thread.

this semi answers my question I know that when trying to fit this piece in a 96-98 civic youll need to change the blower box and heater core Box as well as the vents..

but what id like to know if i was to buy the Si climate control unit. as below.
*please advise if you think anything is missing.*

http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a6/30/b615_1.JPG
http://i16.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a6/30/b046_1.JPG

and fit it into my EM1 would I need aditional harnesses as my current one uses an actuator type mechanism to change temperature.
as below.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/a2/35/fb43_1.JPG

Thanks guys!

misteR_bilzz
10-09-2007, 10:41 AM
anyone??

steve88
10-09-2007, 12:49 PM
sorry to hijack does anyone know how too properly refit the actuator mechanism (wire from the sliding temp control to mechanism) ? mine came off and i cant seem to get it right, it always wont go all the way hot or cold either way i put it on. in saying that, you guys better be careful when doing so! its a pain in the ass to put back on

Perry
10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
anyone??

I gave u enough info's already la there is no1 here has done it