PDA

View Full Version : Dual K-Pro from TSX ?

HondaRacer
14-05-2010, 07:38 PM
As I know there is no K-Pro for Euro, we can conect with dual harness any K-Pro'ed ECU + Acura TSX ECU (reflashed). What about cruise control, ABS, VSA and etc... All works ? If I'am not wrong we only loose cruise control ? Who knows better ? ;)

snYpz
14-05-2010, 11:20 PM
This is something that i am also trying to find out. I am not sure how our k24a3 will run with the tsx ecu. I have read that ppl in Russia have ran their cars with tsx ecu's.
Why do you need to reflash the tsx ecu anyway? K-pro can be used to tune so i dont think the reflash is necessary.

With K-pro, unless its different for our k24a3, the tsx only loses out of cruise control. There was a rumour about VSA deactivated but its been confirmed that it still works.

Someone else like to chip in? I'd also like to know what we need to do besides dual harness with jdm DC5 ecu. I've messaged hondata but still waiting for a response...

HondaRacer
14-05-2010, 11:28 PM
need special reflash TSX ECU, because you are using second K-Pro'ed ECU which responsible only for engine managment ;)

For K-PRO ecu you can use:
* 2002-2004 RSX Base 5 speed (PND -A0# ECU)
* 2002-2004 RSX Type S 6 speed (PRB A03-A08, PRB-305 ECU)
* 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)

;)

You need: ECU with K-PRO, stock TSX ECU, Dual Harness and Air-Fuel ratio sensor Part # 36531-PLR-003 ;)

snYpz
15-05-2010, 10:31 PM
^ hey thanks HondaRacer, confirms what i found out from another ozhonda member just yesterday. Cheers man! :thumbsup:

kitbkk
17-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Nice thread! hehe. I have also been interested in this! It is cheaper to get a used PRB ECU. Those PND and PNF ECU's are a little cheaper but have less capabilities/ less resale value.
It would also be nice to get a USED K-PRO ready systems. If you manage to get a K-PRO ready ECU for less than AUD$1660 you will start saving some money. They are normally going for around AUD$1400-$1500. But now it is very hard to get our hands on them. Every USED K-PRO thread is like selling hot cakes LOL.

I am saving up for it and managed to get a cheap used PRB for AU$373 shipped to Melbourne. This option is a little cheaper than supplying Hondata with K-PRO ready ECU and a TSX ECU for around AU$30-40. And I will get a brand new K-PRO too hehe..

A TSX ECU should work with our euros. Those guys with Accord Euro's in Russia and Europe got their K-PRO Dual system with TSX ECU working in their cars and I don't see why not it is gonna work with our cars. I am still yet to find a Honda Dealer that can remap the TSX ECU to work with my immobilizer though. Can every Honda dealer do it?

snYpz
17-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Kit why dont you try to find a used tsx ecu with immobiliser? would be a lot easier if you could find it.

If you guys arent sure, there is a member on k20a.org and tsxclub (malcom666?), he ran k-pro on his k24a3. But as mentioned, i have read that a lot of the russian guys used tsx ecus on their k24a3 without an issue so im pretty sure it will work.

Guess we'll all have to start saving up!!

kitbkk
17-05-2010, 09:19 PM
yep but it's rare to find a used tsx ecu that comes with an immobilizer.. though if I choose this path, I think I also have to look for one that also comes with a key to match the immobilizer. Otherwise it won't let the car to start.

Does anyone know if the electromagnetic thing inside the key can be swapped? If it can't be swapped then I think remapping the ECU sounds like a better option. Get the K-PRO to disable immobilizer via K-manager. Start the car and drive to a dealer. Get it remapped. I am hoping it will be as simple as this.