PDA

View Full Version : feeding wires from battery to interior?

2GOOD123
15-05-2010, 12:27 AM
hey guyz im just wondering if anyone can tell me the easiest and safest way to feed a wire from my batter to my interior in my 2000 ek cxi, i tried following where all the current wires feed through but its a damn twisty path and i cant seem to feed the wires through that by hand, im just wondering how else other people have gone about it?

im.Kusuma
15-05-2010, 12:37 AM
sticky tape the wires to a cloth hanger. Straighten the cloth hanger and *poke poke* in the hole

2GOOD123
15-05-2010, 12:39 AM
wait if i sticky tape it the the clothes hanger and push it through would it make it all the way to the other side? and where abouts would it comes out? i dont suppose theres a more direct way? im abit worried id scrape some of the wires on the way in there and what not, thanks for ur reply tho =]

2MPRS
15-05-2010, 12:52 AM
sticky tape the wires to a cloth hanger. Straighten the cloth hanger and *poke poke* in the hole

^^ Rep
thats what i did dw about scraping the wire thats y it is insulated for just get someone to push it threw and point a light at the hole and try and find it from inside the car.

quangsuke
15-05-2010, 12:56 AM
it you go in from the passenger side it will appear underneath the glove box. drivers side will be behind the fuse box.
this is the best method for any wiring from the battery.

2GOOD123
15-05-2010, 12:58 AM
ah k with answers like that that gives me alot more confidence, thanks alot for the quick replies guyz ill give it a go tomorow morning ^_^

im.Kusuma
15-05-2010, 01:15 AM
good stuff!! coz thats what i did for my sound system lol.. if ur worried bout scratching other wires... put duct tape on the egde of the cloth hanger

crazy2287
15-05-2010, 11:44 AM
yeah, just make sure there is no burrs or sharp edges and the hanger will slip right past the other wires. that said, don't use excessive force. Take ur' time, wires are pretty tough but can still stress or even break internally if you are too heavy handed. Make sure any wire that terminates directly from the battery is suitably fused or has a breaker!!! the closer to the battery the better.