PDA

View Full Version : Service advice please

CWT
15-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Hi guys,

It’s nice to see a dedicated Honda forum just like this one. I’m a new stranger in Sydney as well as on this forum.

Just want to ask your advice. Late last year, my girlfriend purchased a used 2007 Honda Civic from a well-known Nissan/Holden/Mazda/Volkswagen non-Honda dealership. The car has done almost 40,000 km and it is due for its service. The dealership provided a 5-year/175,000km warranty whichever comes first with a fixed price of up to $309.00.

My question is, should I take the car for service at that dealership or at other reputable Honda service centres (like Hanny’s Performance Centre) ? Bear in mind, if I don't take my car for service at that dealership, the warranty will be void.

If I take my car to that dealership, will they exactly use genuine Honda parts just in case for any replacement during the service ?

I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Regards

shadou
16-05-2010, 12:24 AM
completely up to you mate, as for genuine parts and fluids it is really up to them and the contract you signed. oh and if you want a good indication just check the oil filter, usually 2nd hand cars of a different make from the dealer get generic repco,ect branded filters
really up to you and whether you want the piece of mind of warranty or a higher quality of service with no warranty.

curtis265
16-05-2010, 02:05 AM
I think if you keep ur warranty as long as u go to a place which is has a recognised service stamp and you use genuine parts

shadou
16-05-2010, 11:24 AM
not necessarily some dealers will only offer you a few places from which you can service to retain warranty if it's a 2nd hand model, as always it will be in your contract or accompanying documents.

curtis265
16-05-2010, 12:19 PM
oh right, i thought it meant new car warranty