PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord CD5 Brake Warning Light on Dash going on and staying on intermittently

The185
16-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I have a problem with my Honda Accord CD5 Brake Warning Light on Dash, going on and staying on intermittently.... But if it comes on, and I restart the car, the light will go off...

It happened a few times in the last week... Check the brake fluid, it's fine, no leaks...

What will cause it to come on? Other than the handbrake, and brake fluid sensor?

Tried to find it in the service manual couldn't find an answer.. Thanks in advance guys...

mike0094
19-05-2010, 08:53 PM
hey, if your talking about the "brake lamp" light it means one of your brake lights (in your tail lights) are blown...once u replace the bulb the light will turn off

zillacles
20-05-2010, 12:14 AM
I used to get that too, but after fiddling with the brake lights it went away and hasn't been back since. Check that they are connected firmly, and if they are blown as mike said above.

The185
24-05-2010, 03:17 AM
thanks guys, for some reason the light haven't went back on again since, so if the rear bulbs are blown, this will cause the brake light to light up too?

mike0094
24-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Thats the only reason for the "brake lamp" indicator to light up..

Rash7
01-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Brake warning light not working .it does not turn on when hand brake is on..rego check is coming up ...how to get this fixed and is it a issue for rego checks in NSW (i'm new Here)....

Have topped up brake fluids still nothing has changed.

Jasemas
01-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Might want to pull a cel code... See if the ecu is saying anything
Check your brake fluid levels
Does your car have abs - could be interfering?
Check all the vacuum hoses
Have someone/you stand behind the car and check the brake lights (even the 3rd one) and normal rear lights
See how you go