PDA

View Full Version : Q's EG TRACK PREP (6/10/2010)

Pages : [1] 2

quangsuke
16-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Overall preview.

Modifications i have done to the car.
UPDATED 19 July 2010

Exterior
JDM Amber Corners
JDM Foglights
Replica Spoon Mirrors
EG6 OEM Front Lip
DIY Sprayed wheels matte black
Carbon Fibre Bonnet
Carbon Fibre spoon styled duckbill
DIY USDM City lights

Interior
EG4 Interior Seats Front/Back
EG6 Cluster
DC2R Yellow Shiftboot
Shift Light
Personal Yellow Stitch Steering wheel
Driver and Passenger Fixed back bucket seat

Engine
X-Force S12 2.5" twinloop

Suspension/Handling
GAB Height/Damper Coilovers
DC2R/EG6 Rear LCA
Benen B-Pillar
Carbon Fibre C-Pillar
Ultra-Racing Floor Bar
Spoon Front Strut
Spoon Rear Strut
Hardrace Front and Rear Camber

Mods to come
22mm+ Rear sway bar
24mm+ Front sway bar
ASR Subframe

Well i bought my car in early march for a bargain (I MEAN BARGAIN!). I should have waited until i found a better one but I JUST COULDN"T.

Car:
Honda Civic Breeze 1992
KMS: 200xxx or so
Transmission: Manual
Modifications: Stock

I know its a carby and i will get alot of abuse for that but i LOVE the color yellow =D

This is how it looked when i got it. I should have taken more photos but never planned to post it as a thread.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1093/myeg.jpg

First thing i did for the car was to change the interior out as the previous owner had mismatching interior seats + breeze interior :thumbdwn: (IMO). I got a decent pair of GLI interior seats and popped them in and it made a BIG difference in the way it looked.

Hated the bonnet that came with the car. Terrible welding job with stupid vents that dont vent. So i found a user on OH selling a carbon fibre bonnet for a awesome price :)
to add the car was 4WD height, wish i took photos to show. It was terrible (looks wise) but great for speed bumps :p
Slowly the car was coming along.

quangsuke
16-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Loving the JDM look for EG's i took that same route in hope of making my car look yum.
Ideally i was planning to do an engine conversion to a b16a as soon as i bought it, but having a GF, part-time work, uni and end of year holiday made things very hard.
I decided to save for the holiday first and postpone my conversion till next year, car still runs great and takes me to A-to-B. i can wait :)

Modifications since date of purchase.

Interior seats to GLI.
Carbon Fibre Bonnet
Amber Corners
Fog Lights
Carbon Fibre Duckbill
EG6 Front Lip
EG5 LCAs and Rear Sway Bar
Lowered on Lovells Superlows with Koni Shocks

These were photos i took last week.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1600/copyofdsc089592.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1345/dsc08960k.jpg

pretty bad condition rear bumper. wanting a replacement bumper and a respray for it but ive been postponing that.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/696/dsc08961v.jpg

This is how it looked as of this afternoon. I was at my neighbours with DIY painting for the car. We did the rims and touched up the grill for the car.

Can u spot what else we painted?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9747/dsc089672.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4899/dsc089662w.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3124/dsc08964c.jpg

Since im not planning to gain bigger power until next year, i thought might aswell get the car ready for to handle the extra speed :cool:
So i've planned to work on the cars handling now since im quite happy with the way it looks.

Future Modifications to come.
ITR Rear Sway
ASR Brace
Struts front and rear
Exhaust to be coool :D
Coilovers (ONE DAY)

Happy reading =D

ITRfaithful
16-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Great car man! Love the new black wheels. How about painting the side moldings the same yellow as the rest of the car.

quangsuke
16-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Great car man! Love the new black wheels. How about painting the side moldings the same yellow as the rest of the car.

thought about it but i think the black side moldings add character

androo
16-05-2010, 09:43 PM
+1 for colour coded side moldings!

TheSaint
17-05-2010, 12:02 AM
car looks mint ... but how are the GLI seats an upgrade? i hate my GLI seats haha

quangsuke
17-05-2010, 12:05 AM
car looks mint ... but how are the GLI seats an upgrade? i hate my GLI seats haha

LOL its a subtle upgrade. the previous owner had worn front prelude seats that sat really low with worn bolsters. the rear was the breeze seats which were dirty. i personally didn't like the contrast with front and rears being different so i settled for a decent complete set. =D
but your right, doesn't count as an upgrade.
could of got SI seats but i didn't seem to like it. LOL.

TheSaint
17-05-2010, 12:14 AM
u need ITR =D

quangsuke
17-05-2010, 12:22 AM
u need ITR =D

LOL thats still a dream for me. buying rear seats alone is a expensive upgrade + have no money to afford bucket seats. gosh they are expensive.
would look mint though

aznstyler
17-05-2010, 12:49 AM
How much did you pick the duckbill + cf bonnet up for? nice ride :) love the yellow

quangsuke
17-05-2010, 12:57 AM
How much did you pick the duckbill + cf bonnet up for? nice ride :) love the yellow

got it all cheap =D
thanks for that. pm`d you about pricing.

ekcoupe
17-05-2010, 02:53 PM
car looks great man, good job on the black wheels give it a much nicer look:D

keen to see more:thumbsup:

quangsuke
17-05-2010, 03:37 PM
car looks great man, good job on the black wheels give it a much nicer look:D

keen to see more:thumbsup:

thanks for that. will continue to keep updating this thread.

note to everyone planning to spray their wheels.
ACRYLIC Paint is a darker type of black which requires a clear coat on top (recommended)
ENAMEL Paint is a tad more shiny with a less of a black colour. appears to be navy blue on some angles. (no clear coat required)

One Fighter
17-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Well i bought my car in early march for a bargain (I MEAN BARGAIN!). I should have waited until i found a better one but I JUST COULDN"T.

Car:
Honda Civic Breeze 1992
KMS: 200xxx or so
Transmission: Manual
Modifications: Stock

I know its a carby and i will get alot of abuse for that but i LOVE the color yellow =D

This is how it looked when i got it. I should have taken more photos but never planned to post it as a thread.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1093/myeg.jpg

First thing i did for the car was to change the interior out as the previous owner had mismatching interior seats + breeze interior :thumbdwn: (IMO). I got a decent pair of GLI interior seats and popped them in and it made a BIG difference in the way it looked.

Hated the bonnet that came with the car. Terrible welding job with stupid vents that dont vent. So i found a user on OH selling a carbon fibre bonnet for a awesome price :)
to add the car was 4WD height, wish i took photos to show. It was terrible (looks wise) but great for speed bumps :p
Slowly the car was coming along.

LOL, no way i saw this car advertised a few times, i was gona buy this, but to far to travel.

looks nice bro.

quangsuke
17-05-2010, 07:04 PM
LOL, no way i saw this car advertised a few times, i was gona buy this, but to far to travel.

looks nice bro.

LOL you saw it too eh?
=D lucky you live to far away.

would love to see breeze turn outs to the next meet coming at Highpoint.

acurabot
17-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Can u spot what else we painted?

the fog lights?

Red_EG4
17-05-2010, 07:24 PM
thought about it but i think the black side moldings add character

:thumbsup: stick with em man, they look nice.

quangsuke
17-05-2010, 07:32 PM
the fog lights?

correct acurabot =D
thought it would be a tad different
i think it looks better like this IMO

:thumbsup: stick with em man, they look nice.

black and yellow contrast :)

VT3C
18-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Looking good !!

IMO keep the mouldings 'unpainted'.. or remove them alltogether and fill the holes.. colourmatching them is neither here nor there IMO and looks ricey.

Alternative to B16A swap is a B18B or B20B non VTEC's..
use a B16 Gearbox and will make the car quite fast for the $$$.. but you will still have all the fun n games of converting carby to EFi.

good job on the DIY painting bits !!

quangsuke
18-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Looking good !!

IMO keep the mouldings 'unpainted'.. or remove them alltogether and fill the holes.. colourmatching them is neither here nor there IMO and looks ricey.

Alternative to B16A swap is a B18B or B20B non VTEC's..
use a B16 Gearbox and will make the car quite fast for the $$$.. but you will still have all the fun n games of converting carby to EFi.

good job on the DIY painting bits !!

thanks for that buddy. im really worried that the paint will come off if i take it to the car wash. i hope i prepped enough with enough layers....
i guess i will find out when i wash it.

To be honest, this may make me look like a fool, but i was looking into worked carby motors, it would be different but i it was just a thought. LOL

yeah if the right motor comes along for the right price i would LOVE to snatch it, but gotta save for the holiday.

p.s. i deserve to spoil myself every now and then :p

junoki
19-05-2010, 02:21 PM
good stufF!!

quangsuke
19-05-2010, 04:09 PM
just got some thing new, thought i should share it =D

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6504/img5355s.jpg

added a shift light aswell. LOL
used a cheap shift light that normally plugs to the 12v, snipped the end off and connected it to the ground and ignition of the car behind the dash.

pablos8
19-05-2010, 04:29 PM
hey man nice thread :)

is that the EG6 clutser or just a white cover one?

looks hot! how'd u do the shift light?

ICYOIL
19-05-2010, 04:31 PM
its a real cluster..
looks good mate.. love the yellow

quangsuke
19-05-2010, 05:06 PM
hey man nice thread :)

is that the EG6 clutser or just a white cover one?

looks hot! how'd u do the shift light?

got mine for free.
but its just a simple cheap one that u can get from ebay etc.
it normally plugs to your cigarette lighter in the car.
i just cut the end off and wired it to my car.

pretty simple. WORKS TOO

its a real cluster..
looks good mate.. love the yellow

indeed it is real eg6 cluster =D
thanks man.

ICYOIL
19-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Future Modifications to come.
ITR Rear Sway
ASR Brace
Struts front and rear
Exhaust to be coool :D
Coilovers (ONE DAY)

maddies you can be just like me..
a breeze that handles insanely good.. but dosent go anywhere.. hahaha :P

quangsuke
19-05-2010, 08:44 PM
maddies you can be just like me..
a breeze that handles insanely good.. but dosent go anywhere.. hahaha :P

if u dont mind me asking, what do u have on your breeze?
any tips on most effective parts.

ICYOIL
19-05-2010, 09:07 PM
ive got tein ss coilovers with stiffer spring rates, with dc2r sway bars and a asr brace..
im thinking about getting some strut bars, and seeing if they doing any noticeable difference

other than that i have not really had any experence with anyother brands, ive been in an eg with buddy club coilovers and it handles fairly good..
also driven an ek with full race buddy club coilovers a cage, on semis.. the works really, that was insane

so its down to person perferance really, i went with tein becasue my best mate had had them for a while and was happy with them.. i am too

quangsuke
19-05-2010, 11:19 PM
ICYOIL thanks for that.
honestly after i get all my parts for better handling, i would to test it on a track. i know its a carby but provided my engine doesn't blow i really would like to try it.
but thats one day.

quangsuke
19-05-2010, 11:21 PM
any thoughts of what type of exhaust to get.

ive been contemplating between a xforce and magnaflow. ive been leaning back and forth and would like to know what some drivers think.

One Fighter
19-05-2010, 11:50 PM
any thoughts of what type of exhaust to get.

ive been contemplating between a xforce and magnaflow. ive been leaning back and forth and would like to know what some drivers think.

are you getting a full setup exhaust like all da way through or just the back??

quangsuke
19-05-2010, 11:58 PM
well for now i just want the back, but i want it to be interchangeable for any setup i choose to go in the future.

slimx
20-05-2010, 12:16 AM
If your interested im selling bucket seats for $300 racing ones.. grey and black. adjustable to..

quangsuke
20-05-2010, 12:40 AM
photos please. =D
im always eager for more parts.
LOL.

quangsuke
20-05-2010, 02:08 PM
just bought something yummy for the car. will post pics when i get it.

quangsuke
21-05-2010, 08:34 AM
My door bell rung this morning, guys pushed the bell like 4 times. I was thinking WHO THE F$#@ IS THAT?

then i smiled =D

he had this for me
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/791/img5358g.jpg

ignore the wrapping, i was pushing for on day delivery so im happy.

opened her up and got this bad boy
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8761/img5357b.jpg

X FORCE S12 TWIN LOOP 2.5"

a big thanks to RACE NATION and FEL12X for putting up with my constant PM's :thumbsup:

ITRfaithful
27-05-2010, 12:45 AM
this car looked awesome 2nite at the Melbourne meet.

quangsuke
27-05-2010, 10:20 AM
this car looked awesome 2nite at the Melbourne meet.

thanks man. you got quite a crowd when you showed what was underneath your bonnet.

btw i will upload photos of the twinloop on the car =D

quangsuke
27-05-2010, 12:33 PM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3039/1055z.jpg

attended the melbourne monthly meet last night. great turn out.

pablos8
27-05-2010, 01:03 PM
niiiiiice!

cheapdouchebag
27-05-2010, 01:42 PM
and you told me there aint nothin special about that car :P
CARNNNNNNNNNNN MATTTTTEEEE
=]

quangsuke
27-05-2010, 02:38 PM
niiiiiice!
thanks man

and you told me there aint nothin special about that car :P
CARNNNNNNNNNNN MATTTTTEEEE
=]

LOL. not yet.

im.Kusuma
29-05-2010, 03:58 AM
your car,

absolutely

clean.

A job well done! :thumbsup:

quangsuke
29-05-2010, 08:09 AM
your car,

absolutely

clean.

A job well done! :thumbsup:

thanks man.
working progress. still <3 your car =D

vtecing
29-05-2010, 09:07 AM
yellow eg6 seats would look awesome. i love yellow egs too. wish mine was yellow to match my itr

quangsuke
29-05-2010, 01:20 PM
yellow eg6 seats would look awesome. i love yellow egs too. wish mine was yellow to match my itr

trust me i so want a yellow set of recaros. but if i got the eg6 yellow seats i would want the rear too.
no one has them =(

quangsuke
31-05-2010, 12:58 PM
well i was taking snaps of my car last night. did a DIY USDM city lights enjoy.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7680/img5356z.jpg

if u want to want to know i will write a DIY.

ICYOIL
31-05-2010, 01:21 PM
well i was taking snaps of my car last night. did a DIY USDM city lights enjoy.

if u want to want to know i will write a DIY.

yeeeeee do a diy.. i want to know how you did yours
looks good, can you still use your indicators while they are on?

quangsuke
31-05-2010, 01:31 PM
yeeeeee do a diy.. i want to know how you did yours
looks good, can you still use your indicators while they are on?

of course i can =D indicator lights shine very bright compared to city lights
will get on that DIY

SuiJin
31-05-2010, 01:42 PM
hmm i have a yellow eg6 front and rear. but whats the offer lol.

ICYOIL
31-05-2010, 01:54 PM
of course i can =D indicator lights shine very bright compared to city lights
will get on that DIY

champion, thanks mate

BIGTYM
31-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Nice meetin you at the Melbourne meet Q. Was nice to be able to break apart from the big group and have a decent conversation. Your EG is clean.
Back when I an EG i wanted to paint it yellow so bad. Can't wait to see the progress of your build. I like the way your going with the styling.

Saving for a B series conversion after your holiday sounds great. B series FTW

quangsuke
31-05-2010, 02:15 PM
hmm i have a yellow eg6 front and rear. but whats the offer lol.

whats the condition of them? photos please =D

Nice meetin you at the Melbourne meet Q. Was nice to be able to break apart from the big group and have a decent conversation. Your EG is clean.
Back when I an EG i wanted to paint it yellow so bad. Can't wait to see the progress of your build. I like the way your going with the styling.

Saving for a B series conversion after your holiday sounds great. B series FTW

i know i can't even wait. i just want to do it all now =(
it was awesome meeting you and the others. surprised we stayed out so long. LOL

BIGTYM
31-05-2010, 03:55 PM
i know i can't even wait. i just want to do it all now =(
it was awesome meeting you and the others. surprised we stayed out so long. LOL

don't stress you can't rush these things. I waited 2 years before my turbo conversion. Now it's been another 2. Studying and tried to mod your car is tuff. I just finished and started a proper full time job now. So my build will take off now.

quangsuke
31-05-2010, 06:15 PM
don't stress you can't rush these things. I waited 2 years before my turbo conversion. Now it's been another 2. Studying and tried to mod your car is tuff. I just finished and started a proper full time job now. So my build will take off now.

will keep this thread posted. trying to get as much suspension/handling work for this car as possible.
so going to track this carby =D

hitoriko
14-06-2010, 06:32 PM
hey i have a yellow eg plush if your interested pm me

sangyz
14-06-2010, 09:39 PM
ugly project ... lol jk :] im might get a yellow eg to man :] daily! so your eg better watch out lol

BIGTYM
14-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Yer im seriously considering getting a daily EG hatch aswell. Something to drive around when the EM1 is in the shop. I want a white one though. Maybe even have a go doing my own engine swap. lol

sangyz
14-06-2010, 10:02 PM
haha yeah thats exactly why i want one to have fun with and maybe do my own engine swap. its so easy something i really want to do. Yeah white egs are sex but because i've already got a white ek i might go something different lol but ill see x]

BIGTYM
14-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Nice, sounds like we had the same idea then.. You know what they say great minds think alike. If you end up doing a home engine swap in the future make sure you call me around. I need to start getting my hands dirty so when it comes time for me to do it I got some experience.

sangyz
14-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Lol no worries man will do. same goes to you man better call me if you do anything like that ill help ya out x]. You can teach me all about the turbo hehe ;] and lucky i know alot about engine swapping since i've been through 2 swaps already my knowledge on them is quite good hehe lol funny thing is i can study and remember this but back in school i cant remember and cant study for shit haha.

LOL @ us spamming quangs thread hehe :]

BIGTYM
14-06-2010, 11:05 PM
lol Sorry Quang. Whats new with the EG. Found any yellow Recaros?

quangsuke
15-06-2010, 12:12 PM
found a set of yellow recaros. gotta go inspect later this month. thanks for bringing my thread back to life guys.

holiday savings are going up so :D
prepping the car for track day atm. gonna run the carby as it is with 15's and semis for fun.

when i come back from holiday im gonna try get this engine out. :D

BIGTYM
15-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Nice, you heading out to Winton?...What date you guys hitting the track? mite make the drive up to check it out.

quangsuke
15-06-2010, 01:07 PM
yeah winton! not planning on breaking any records. just going for fun. its in november. will get back to you on the date. make sure u bring a helmet to get rides =D

hitoriko
15-06-2010, 01:27 PM
get my message?

quangsuke
15-06-2010, 01:31 PM
pm sent.

SuiJin
15-06-2010, 04:33 PM
if u wanna see the eg interior just come over lol call me before hand you know where i live.

sangyz
15-06-2010, 06:13 PM
he will give you free stuff as long as you come nakeddd

quangsuke
15-06-2010, 06:16 PM
thanks vincent. will let u know.
sang you read my mind.

5lam
23-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Looks nice!
Never been a fan of black bonnets, but it looks real good against the yellow paint. Especially with the black wheels too.

VT3C
23-06-2010, 03:11 PM
looking good man but seriously with all the money you're spending on little things, u could have done a swap HAHA.. Recaros = half a B16 swap LOL..

on the carby thang - you COULD build up a SOHC carby monster but then al lthe custom fabrication adnt uning you will need - once again you're in swap cost territory again. think about it. .a worked SOHC non-VTEC carby monster (plus labour) will cost prob more than the $2-3k it costs for a B16 swap for example and you'd be doing well to make even the power of a stock B16..

there's been a couple of big-fat carby'd B16's over the years with RPM switch VTEC etc.. not the most practical setups but you CAN have fun with them..

pablos8
23-06-2010, 03:24 PM
yeah people telling me the same but i want the car to be 100% in and out before the conversion, but everyones different, some prefer quick before clean vice versa

move to build thread! :D

quangsuke
23-06-2010, 04:06 PM
looking good man but seriously with all the money you're spending on little things, u could have done a swap HAHA.. Recaros = half a B16 swap LOL..

on the carby thang - you COULD build up a SOHC carby monster but then al lthe custom fabrication adnt uning you will need - once again you're in swap cost territory again. think about it. .a worked SOHC non-VTEC carby monster (plus labour) will cost prob more than the $2-3k it costs for a B16 swap for example and you'd be doing well to make even the power of a stock B16..

there's been a couple of big-fat carby'd B16's over the years with RPM switch VTEC etc.. not the most practical setups but you CAN have fun with them..

lol, thats what i was considering building up a carby monster with cam and longer rods etc. read heaps on carby builds from us sites but my mate advised me not to even go down that path.
i know the money i spent i could've done a engine conversion, atleast a D16 vtec anyway.

but my plans are for the b-series engine and ive got a holiday at the end of this year, so ive done what i can with limited funds to get the car looking the way i wanted it too before i do the engine.

but you are right, could've saved for better mods. impulse buy.....:(

quangsuke
23-06-2010, 04:07 PM
yeah people telling me the same but i want the car to be 100% in and out before the conversion, but everyones different, some prefer quick before clean vice versa

move to build thread! :D

yeah dw im in the same boat as you. but your moving along alot quicker then i am.
but holiday comes first. :D

hitoriko
23-06-2010, 04:59 PM
yeah winton! not planning on breaking any records. just going for fun. its in november. will get back to you on the date. make sure u bring a helmet to get rides =D

let me know i have a spare set of tyres that are begging me to chuckl on track for a couple laps :D - not semis but would be good to go for a spin around winton again

xenonkuraz
23-06-2010, 05:35 PM
+ another 1 for colour coded door moulds

xenonkuraz
23-06-2010, 05:39 PM
funny thing is i can study and remember this but back in school i cant remember and cant study for shit haha

lol @ how true this statement is for me as well

pablos8
23-06-2010, 06:19 PM
yeah dw im in the same boat as you. but your moving along alot quicker then i am.
but holiday comes first. :D

im not moving quicker! ur moving much quicker than i am lols
my cars been on hold for a while stupid funds :(

quangsuke
23-06-2010, 06:24 PM
im not moving quicker! ur moving much quicker than i am lols
my cars been on hold for a while stupid funds :(

by the looks of it, it doesn't seem that way.
just waiting to find sway and asr.

got my eyes set on 6UL's in bronze. what do you guys think?
alternative would be rota slipstreams in bronze. let me know what you guys think.

why bronze, i think it would be a nice contrast on yellow rather then the common black

pablos8
23-06-2010, 06:32 PM
bronze rims are hot, i want some too but no money :(

6UL's are hawt!

hitoriko
23-06-2010, 06:56 PM
oldschool gold mesh wheels with some nice dish have my vote

quangsuke
23-06-2010, 07:07 PM
show me pics if u can =D and tempt me :P

sakitumi
23-06-2010, 10:31 PM
just chuck my mesh rims on your car. i wont be using them for awhile anyways :P

quangsuke
24-06-2010, 12:25 AM

put them on your car dude. atleast slap the rear on for a mean stance =D
otherwise more then happy to show them off for you =D

hitoriko
24-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Something like this but yellow/black/bronze
http://www.auto-riel.at/pvprodukte-images/2232009213431.jpg

quangsuke
24-06-2010, 10:55 PM
thanks man but not a big fan of mesh. i dont know why.
might see how it looks on my car.

hitoriko
24-06-2010, 11:09 PM
i sould love to swap my rims for some dished mesh

Jaime
24-06-2010, 11:21 PM
by the looks of it, it doesn't seem that way.
just waiting to find sway and asr.

got my eyes set on 6UL's in bronze. what do you guys think?
alternative would be rota slipstreams in bronze. let me know what you guys think.

why bronze, i think it would be a nice contrast on yellow rather then the common black

Yeah dude get the 6ul's, I have a silver set for my red eg...They're hot.

quangsuke
24-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah dude get the 6ul's, I have a silver set for my red eg...They're hot.

got pictures. would love to see your car.
how much u pick them up for?
specs?

hitoriko
25-06-2010, 07:28 AM

pics - if your selling i might be interested

sakitumi
25-06-2010, 12:52 PM
pics - if your selling i might be interested

lol for pics of the rims look for red ek4 in recent ozhonda meet

will let you know if i decide to sell it

quangsuke
25-06-2010, 12:54 PM
lol for pics of the rims look for red ek4 in recent ozhonda meet

will let you know if i decide to sell it

hey might stop by today if ur free. let me know

quangsuke
03-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Things have been going very slow with my EG.
Drove up to Sydney today to pick up goodies for my car.
will post up pics when i install.
C-Pillar
B-Pillar
Rear Strut Brace

still waiting for a ASR and Rear Sway.

im.Kusuma
03-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Things have been going very slow with my EG.
Drove up to Sydney today to pick up goodies for my car.
will post up pics when i install.
C-Pillar
B-Pillar
Rear Strut Brace

still waiting for a ASR and Rear Sway.

wow you really drove all the way to sydney? damn!
props to you bro! Great effort!

pablos8
03-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Should of gone eg photoshoot lol!

quangsuke
03-07-2010, 08:32 AM
cmon boys, wheres the place to be?
everything requires membership up here. lol

pablos8
03-07-2010, 08:51 AM
lol what you mean??

you're still in sydney?

quangsuke
03-07-2010, 09:06 AM
of course im still up in sydney. lol. no photoshoot though, drove the black eg. LOL

pablos8
03-07-2010, 10:13 AM
whats wrong with the black one :P

quangsuke
03-07-2010, 07:28 PM
no rego on it. LOL

im.Kusuma
04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
come over and shop at my house.. Got shitloads of quality parts here.. More you buy less you pay

pablos8
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
yeah bro and take ur black EG for a photoshoot haha

-B18C2-
05-07-2010, 11:25 AM
i rekon purple bbs rs wuld look sick on ur eg.. mayb self preference but dont go all one colour =]

quangsuke
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
yeah thought about that. but purple bbs rs are way out of my price range atm.
i guess my wheels will eventually come last.

what ive got planned
ASR Subframe
ITR Rear Sway
ITR Front Sway

after that is done. im set for a track day.
Go off and enjoy my holiday =D

Come home and start looking for a engine that i can drop in.
What i've got in mind is
b16
b18
b20
h22
thats the plan. =D

-B18C2-
05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
wish u the best of luck.. theres a member here selling a set for 1.2 awsum offset.. if u can lower it and know how to spray paint ur set :)

im.Kusuma
05-07-2010, 12:53 PM
wish u the best of luck.. theres a member here selling a set for 1.2 awsum offset.. if u can lower it and know how to spray paint ur set :)

MR.JOHN? lol he's offset is ok.. It'd be better if it was 15x8 +15

-B18C2-
05-07-2010, 01:07 PM
2 much dish dont u rekon.. my equips are plus 22 all round.. too much offset is overkill

pablos8
05-07-2010, 01:26 PM
2 much dish dont u rekon.. my equips are plus 22 all round.. too much offset is overkill

/agree
Unless you got mad camber, even then camber wear sucks balls,

+15 to +25 is nice

im.Kusuma
05-07-2010, 01:28 PM

i prefer dish rather than the rims are getting eaten by the guards (fail offset) lol

quangsuke
05-07-2010, 03:38 PM
6UL's are for me =D
15x8 + 36 is quite nice for me.
sits nicely with the guards.

im.Kusuma
05-07-2010, 03:40 PM
you coming over bro?

pablos8
05-07-2010, 03:58 PM
when you going back to melb?

quangsuke
05-07-2010, 04:35 PM
heading back tonight.

im.Kusuma
05-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Buy my beaks before u go!!! Come on $100!!! Almost brand new condition

quangsuke
05-07-2010, 04:49 PM
dw man. i was tempted. really need my asr and sway.
help us find it so i can buy ur beaks. =D
win ---> win

im.Kusuma
05-07-2010, 04:51 PM
dw man. i was tempted. really need my asr and sway.
help us find it so i can buy ur beaks. =D
win ---> win

hmm...... buy my beaks lah!!

EG front lower strut bar and beaks $250 all urs :D

quangsuke
05-07-2010, 04:54 PM
lol need parts that work for now =D
thanks though man

will hit you up when i need parts

im.Kusuma
05-07-2010, 05:04 PM
lol need parts that work for now =D
thanks though man

will hit you up when i need parts

:( it workssss LOOOL

aiight nws man

SEPSIR
07-07-2010, 07:05 PM
i got a jdm b16a2 if u want for a converion

kr4zie
07-07-2010, 09:33 PM
how much sersir

quangsuke
08-07-2010, 12:10 AM
im assuming ur asking how much is the b16?
pm him.

quangsuke
09-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I took a few photos before i went drove up to sydney. Said my goodbye to the Black eg. Shes now resting in Bankstown since she was taking up room in the garage.
Fair few of you might have seen it around.

Heaps of EG's up in sydney. spotted atleast 10 different ones in Cabramatta.
Gotta love the Chicken Rolls up there :D
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9508/dsc08978q.jpg
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4231/dsc08979.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9751/dsc08980n.jpg

quangsuke
09-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Its been a while since i've updated this thread, my build has been moving on very very slow.
its hard saving up money for my holiday while all these parts are so cheap :)

Well these are the goodies i got.
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2290/dsc08981.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2671/dsc08982ka.jpg

Yesterday i decided to protect the faces of my backseat passengers (which i hardly ever had) by wrapping my pillars in rubber foam. As you can see on my B-pillar i couldn't fit it around the edge of the pillar, so i improvised. :cool:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1911/dsc08983.jpg
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7079/dsc08984z.jpg

I wouldn't say the bars improved the handling that much but it sure boosted my confidence in taking corners harder :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BIGTYM
09-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Quang your new pillars look awesome. You gonna use cable tie or something to secure the foam padding?
Where you buy the bars from?

quangsuke
09-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Quang your new pillars look awesome. You gonna use cable tie or something to secure the foam padding?
Where you buy the bars from?

i used electrical tape. you might be able to see it if u look closely. LOL
my zip ties at home didn't fit.

took a while to find but a few traders on here were selling them.
as soon as the b-pillar was posted up i transferred him the money, no one even saw it =D

DA9B18C
09-07-2010, 10:34 PM
ive seen this EG around southwharf, neat looking hatch

good job

Alvis
09-07-2010, 10:47 PM
yeh i think the black moldings match in with lip, spoiler, wheels, bonnet etc so looks pretty good.

Window tint? Can't tell if it has a slight tint or not...??? But darker back windows, and lighter tint fronts would look awesome :)

maybe a little over the top with the bars inside - how fast are you cornering lol!!

quangsuke
10-07-2010, 03:13 AM
yeh i think the black moldings match in with lip, spoiler, wheels, bonnet etc so looks pretty good.

Window tint? Can't tell if it has a slight tint or not...??? But darker back windows, and lighter tint fronts would look awesome :)

maybe a little over the top with the bars inside - how fast are you cornering lol!!

i corner pretty hard, only thing holding me back is my tyres. LOL but i dont mind abit of sliding =D

car currently has no tint, will do a dark shade at the rear with a lighter when summer comes along.

but thanks for your comments =D

quangsuke
10-07-2010, 03:15 AM
ive seen this EG around southwharf, neat looking hatch

good job

thanks man.

hitoriko
10-07-2010, 10:10 PM
im feeling in mate ;)

quangsuke
11-07-2010, 07:39 PM
im feeling in mate ;)

u gotta post more photos too dude =D

hitoriko
12-07-2010, 08:10 PM
yeah but im not going to post photos if i havent done anything haha

markismaximus
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM
do you know if you'll run into any problems with cops if you get stopped having those bars in there?

quangsuke
12-07-2010, 08:29 PM
do you know if you'll run into any problems with cops if you get stopped having those bars in there?

might have some trouble with the b-pillar. not too sure. guess take it off if i do.

sangyz
12-07-2010, 10:18 PM
yeah if you get pulled over you might get done for the bars. but friend did in his dc2r. but you will get the odd cop who knows nothing

ICYOIL
12-07-2010, 10:39 PM
hide them with 5% tint on the rear and 15% up front..lol

hitoriko
12-07-2010, 10:52 PM
the c pillar is fine the b isn't because your car is registered as a 5 seater

quangsuke
12-07-2010, 11:13 PM
hide them with 5% tint on the rear and 15% up front..lol

yeah i will eventually

the c pillar is fine the b isn't because your car is registered as a 5 seater

are u sure?
if i registered the car as a 2 seater it would be sweet?
can't they still defect me?

pablos8
12-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Getting a b pillar and c pillar soon as well, got 5% tint at the rear and 15% up front Lols but they can bust u on the tint too HAHA that would suck

quangsuke
13-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Getting a b pillar and c pillar soon as well, got 5% tint at the rear and 15% up front Lols but they can bust u on the tint too HAHA that would suck

what brand u getting?
planning on any track days?

i dont think it adds much to handling. lower your car first buddy =D

pablos8
13-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Benen b pillar and em c pillar lols nah no track days anytime soon, just more for bling haha, my car is lowered? :P

quangsuke
13-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Benen b pillar and em c pillar lols nah no track days anytime soon, just more for bling haha, my car is lowered? :P

lol thought it wasn't. my bad.

asr and sway is up next.
upgrade front brakes and rotors. then im set for track day =D

Vicks
13-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Always had a thing for eg's, your's looks the goods.

As for the pillar bars, perhaps hang some clothes on it say it a hanger? Haha.

quangsuke
13-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Always had a thing for eg's, your's looks the goods.

As for the pillar bars, perhaps hang some clothes on it say it a hanger? Haha.

lol thought about that already. lmao might consider hanging my jacket off it. LOL

hitoriko
13-07-2010, 07:29 AM
are u sure?
if i registered the car as a 2 seater it would be sweet?
can't they still defect me?

yea if you reg it as a 2 seater you can however you must remove the seats seat belts etc.. otherwise they can get you on that
soame thing happened to me with my 180sx because it was regod as a 4 seater and i had a b pillar i got dont for it

quangsuke
13-07-2010, 10:05 AM
yea if you reg it as a 2 seater you can however you must remove the seats seat belts etc.. otherwise they can get you on that
soame thing happened to me with my 180sx because it was regod as a 4 seater and i had a b pillar i got dont for it

get defect? fine?
wanna weigh up the consequences.

hitoriko
13-07-2010, 01:13 PM
defect nice yellow stick ()that would match your car too though) :D

pablos8
13-07-2010, 01:17 PM
i get my b-pillar and c-pillar soon :D

VT3C
13-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Looking good man, but i'd seriously take out that pillar bar that's right behind the front row's headrests - THAT is just plain dangerous and isnt gonna stiffen up shit.. get a Do-Luck floor bar if u wanna stiffen up the mid section.. and padded foam aint gonna help in the event of a neck/spinal injury !!

Vicks
13-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Totally agree. Throw them on when you're on the tracks and take them off when on road. I don't really think you'll want to take a corner at 90kph.

If you want some noticeable increased handling, invest in some coilovers and swaybars :)

quangsuke
13-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Looking good man, but i'd seriously take out that pillar bar that's right behind the front row's headrests - THAT is just plain dangerous and isnt gonna stiffen up shit.. get a Do-Luck floor bar if u wanna stiffen up the mid section.. and padded foam aint gonna help in the event of a neck/spinal injury !!

Totally agree. Throw them on when you're on the tracks and take them off when on road. I don't really think you'll want to take a corner at 90kph.

If you want some noticeable increased handling, invest in some coilovers and swaybars :)

yeah you guys are right.
will remove them soon. i dont carry any rear passengers anyway.
but better safe then sorry.
=D

UPDATE: Floor bar on the way =D

anster
13-07-2010, 07:27 PM
alot of suspension components there quang. get some engine mods already. those bars aint gonna make you any faster :D you dont want to lose to phong now do ya

hitoriko
13-07-2010, 08:37 PM
we should organise a west side EG meet - i should really get to know my fellow EGers

Hey QLife - when you free to help me fit my fog? and i also need help with a CAI pm me mate (I only want the passenger fog fitted :P)

quangsuke
14-07-2010, 12:15 AM
alot of suspension components there quang. get some engine mods already. those bars aint gonna make you any faster :D you dont want to lose to phong now do ya

LOL stop bullying me. LOL more like you dont want to lose to phong :P

we should organise a west side EG meet - i should really get to know my fellow EGers

Hey QLife - when you free to help me fit my fog? and i also need help with a CAI pm me mate (I only want the passenger fog fitted :P)

pm sent.

anster
14-07-2010, 01:18 AM
lol, im thinking of giving up on cars. only thing stopping me is the project

quangsuke
14-07-2010, 01:35 AM

are u keeping the eg?
parting out anster?

lets do the project car. heaps of shells. im 100% down for it

sakitumi
14-07-2010, 01:41 AM
sell me your stuff anster you know what I'm talking bout!!! LOL

Red_EG4
14-07-2010, 05:22 PM
sell me your stuff anster you know what I'm talking bout!!! LOL

blow or green?

;D

quangsuke
14-07-2010, 05:25 PM
blow or green?

;D

only the green :P

quangsuke
14-07-2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.showoffimports.nl/images/cache/8cad9d25c465ba712da74c5d2e9dfa01.jpg

Ultra Racing Floor Bar for eg/dc
just bought this. waiting for delivery.

niiCk
14-07-2010, 05:39 PM
did you buy the one from yonas?

pablos8
14-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Looks good bro might get one soon too, how much was it and where from? Take pics while installing :)

quangsuke
14-07-2010, 06:18 PM
did you buy the one from yonas?
yeah bought it as soon as i saw it posted up.

Looks good bro might get one soon too, how much was it and where from? Take pics while installing :)

got it for a great price for from yonas.got someone pick it up today from jdmyard today. waiting on delivery now.

anster
14-07-2010, 07:40 PM
hey that bar looks tuff. might have to customize myself one aswell.
how much you pick up one of those for?
also since your going all out on suspension fender braces, traction bars and cages will help out abit there :D
you know once its all in you'll be turning corners on two wheels gonna be really stiff.

quangsuke
14-07-2010, 07:47 PM
hey that bar looks tuff. might have to customize myself one aswell.
how much you pick up one of those for?
also since your going all out on suspension fender braces, traction bars and cages will help out abit there :D
you know once its all in you'll be turning corners on two wheels gonna be really stiff.

im trying to turn like that =D
the stiffer i can get the car the better it will be (i think)
traction bar not yet, since i dont lose traction at all LOL can't even rip a burn out.
the cage will come in if i decide to take the car off the road.

pm`d you

im.Kusuma
14-07-2010, 10:50 PM
im trying to turn like that =D
the stiffer i can get the car the better it will be (i think)
traction bar not yet, since i dont lose traction at all LOL can't even rip a burn out.
the cage will come in if i decide to take the car off the road.

pm`d you

that made me lol bro ahhahahah

hitoriko
14-07-2010, 10:58 PM
i thought you were a student how do you afford this! :P

im.Kusuma
14-07-2010, 11:07 PM

Street pharmacy? :p

anster
14-07-2010, 11:29 PM
lol, if it was a street pharmacy he wouldnt be driving a eg.
btw nice eg you have there. want mine looking just like that

tomyum
14-07-2010, 11:43 PM
thats a pretty sweeet ride you got there, looks JDM for sure ;)

anster
15-07-2010, 12:08 AM
thanks but its really nothing special. just a quick preview
http://a.imageshack.us/img19/5019/dsc0011ho.jpg

quangsuke
15-07-2010, 12:24 AM

i am a student. LOL im saving for a holiday aswell =="
i work as much as i can at my casual job at coles :D

nice car anster.

anster
15-07-2010, 12:40 AM
thanks. but thai made the eg look good in that picture.

quangsuke
15-07-2010, 12:50 AM
thanks. but thai made the eg look good in that picture.

get that front mount intercooler in already =D

anster
15-07-2010, 08:59 AM
yeah i will soon. might take your advice and just mount it for fun.

sakitumi
15-07-2010, 11:58 AM
i want to get an eg now, your cars look awesome ;)
and its quick too ;)

quangsuke
15-07-2010, 12:01 PM
i want to get an eg now, your cars look awesome ;)
and its quick too ;)

lmao get an eg =D sell that ek4
or we can swap :P

anster
15-07-2010, 02:05 PM
heres another just for phong.
sorry to spam your thread quang but i just gotta do it.
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4059/img0013ok.jpg

quangsuke
15-07-2010, 02:10 PM
heres another just for phong.
sorry to spam your thread quang but i just gotta do it.

get those cpr's back.
its all cool.
btw if u can drop by sometime, i wanna put in the full size radiator.

sakitumi
15-07-2010, 02:18 PM
lol farrr love it.

the black car that is...

vampzzz
15-07-2010, 08:03 PM
thanks but its really nothing special. just a quick preview
http://a.imageshack.us/img19/5019/dsc0011ho.jpg

gangster EF in the background, wonder who it belongs to XD

should make your own thread an, stop hijacking quangs LOL!

anster
15-07-2010, 08:10 PM
lol, i aint hijacking no ones thread.
i dont want to make a thread nothing special about my car just yet.
besides i have no need to show it off.

vampzzz
15-07-2010, 09:03 PM
bitch hard :p

sakitumi
15-07-2010, 09:27 PM
yes would love to see more of that car EF

anster if you have no need for that engine just pass it over to me ill put it to good use ;) jokes....

anster
15-07-2010, 10:48 PM
na is not the way. go turbo charged phong.
or if uwant just wait and see how mine turns out then decide.

quangsuke
16-07-2010, 12:12 AM
if u dont mind, hand us a b-series so i can join the crew :)

anster
16-07-2010, 12:29 AM
the b20s gonna go into surgery once i get a job.

quangsuke
16-07-2010, 12:37 AM
dw hopefully i will be done by early next year =D
work hard out during christmas

AE092
16-07-2010, 01:43 AM

Sif! You gotta come back to track racing man :P

I like your car Quang but I've told you that numerous times on MSN lol

sakitumi
16-07-2010, 10:45 AM
na is not the way. go turbo charged phong.
or if uwant just wait and see how mine turns out then decide.

cant wait that long.... too keen
DO IT NOW ANSTER, do it now i say lol

quangsuke
16-07-2010, 12:01 PM
+1 for doing it. !!!!

anster
16-07-2010, 01:12 PM
i will. just give me time. unemployed here. eg's powered by centrelink

quangsuke
16-07-2010, 03:53 PM
dw...heaps of jobs will pop up near christmas time.
can't wait to hear vtec coming from my engine bay. =D

hitoriko
16-07-2010, 04:40 PM
lol you guys live near ballarat road dont ya?

would be good to have a westside eg crew to hang out with

i wish i could afford a b-series but hey get a wife and a house and all those bills dont give you much cash to play with :(

quangsuke
16-07-2010, 04:47 PM
lol you guys live near ballarat road dont ya?

would be good to have a westside eg crew to hang out with

i wish i could afford a b-series but hey get a wife and a house and all those bills dont give you much cash to play with :(

lol dw, i know slightly how u feel. dont have a wife, but got a very expensive girlfriend. (love her) LOL
everything takes time.
i live further away from the other guys. im down near the beach :P

btw did u find out the prices i was after?

hitoriko
16-07-2010, 05:02 PM
COMPLETELY FORGOT

pm me and i'll give you my work email and i'll do it first thing monday!!!!!

quangsuke
16-07-2010, 05:07 PM
all good mate. pm sent

I saw a Yellow VTI EG with eg6 interior today. twas very hot.
only if i found that earlier.

hitoriko
16-07-2010, 06:29 PM
the only good stuff on teh eg6 interior is the armrest and the door trims with the tweeters everything else is crap (IMO)

quangsuke
16-07-2010, 06:33 PM
the only good stuff on teh eg6 interior is the armrest and the door trims with the tweeters everything else is crap (IMO)

i love the rear seats and how it neatly folds away. very clean look =D

quangsuke
19-07-2010, 04:49 PM
GOT MY FLOOR BAR DELIVERED AND INSTALLED =D

haven't driven the car yet to see any notable gains from it.
will find out tonight when i take the car out.

was a simple install with just unbolting and re-bolting.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4629/dsc09039d.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1373/dsc09042i.jpg

BIGTYM
19-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Floor bar looks the goods Quang...

quangsuke
19-07-2010, 05:10 PM
thanks man. the car is slowly coming along.

pablos8
19-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Let me know if its worth getting one brother

quangsuke
19-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Let me know if its worth getting one brother

if u can get it dirt cheap i would recommend getting it, otherwise i wouldn't have gotten it.
car felt normal. no visible gains in mild cornering.

i will take the car harder over the next few days.

hitoriko
19-07-2010, 07:05 PM
im feeling that

ps looks like you should get an armrest from me ;)

pablos8
20-07-2010, 07:12 AM
im feeling that

ps looks like you should get an armrest from me ;)

I would but it's a bit pricey for me lols might try my luck at the wreckers

hitoriko
20-07-2010, 07:14 AM
I would but it's a bit pricey for me lols might try my luck at the wreckers

how much you think i paid :P

quangsuke
20-07-2010, 07:15 AM
how much you think i paid :P

hey buddy can u get the prices for me today. =D
sent you a pm not sure if u remembered. LOL
cheers q

hitoriko
20-07-2010, 07:20 AM
i'll ahve them for you today mate i didn't forget

hitoriko
20-07-2010, 04:57 PM
front whiteline 24mm sway bar = $260
rear whiteline 20mm sway = $270
rear whiteline 22mm adjustable sway = $320

if you want them let me know mate

quangsuke
24-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Just a little update which is due.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/1949/dsc09066.jpg

Got more parts coming in next week.

pablos8
24-07-2010, 04:48 PM
lol wtf part time worker my ass!

niiCk
24-07-2010, 04:59 PM
are you tracking your car?
you allowed to use that seat?
doesnt it need to meet the ADR standards or am i wrong?

quangsuke
24-07-2010, 05:18 PM
lol wtf part time worker my ass!

I am a part time worker =D
just work alot =D

are you tracking your car?
you allowed to use that seat?
doesnt it need to meet the ADR standards or am i wrong?

yeah im going to be tracking the car. the seat is not ADR approved, but this will be the primary seat until i find a nice sparco one. this will become the passenger.
really depends on how strict they are when they scrutineer my car.

hitoriko
25-07-2010, 01:06 PM
looks great mate - whered you get the seat?

AE092
25-07-2010, 01:25 PM
^My house

You can race the car using any seat you want, ADR or non-ADR compliant under AASA rules. CAMS will normally require ADR approved seats.

sakitumi
25-07-2010, 02:45 PM
is that all?

quangsuke
25-07-2010, 04:16 PM
^My house

You can race the car using any seat you want, ADR or non-ADR compliant under AASA rules. CAMS will normally require ADR approved seats.

thanks for the seat again =D

is that all?

more parts coming soon. dont you worry about that

na-118
25-07-2010, 04:38 PM
nice build, coming along nicely, will be following it

quangsuke
25-07-2010, 06:44 PM
nice build, coming along nicely, will be following it

thanks buddy, will try make this interesting, although ive been trying to save. LOL

benedictz
28-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Very nice car, i got my white eg a week ago and running a carby too, slowly blinging it up as i move along before i do a conversion, i'm a student too, working at coles too as a night filler! hahaha I reckon its seems cheaper for us to spend a couple hundreds at a time then saving up a couple of Gs and doing a conversion. However i'm also looking forward to my b-series, dont know when thou..

quangsuke
28-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Very nice car, i got my white eg a week ago and running a carby too, slowly blinging it up as i move along before i do a conversion, i'm a student too, working at coles too as a night filler! hahaha I reckon its seems cheaper for us to spend a couple hundreds at a time then saving up a couple of Gs and doing a conversion. However i'm also looking forward to my b-series, dont know when thou..

dw buddy, take your time do things at YOUR own pace.
good to hear ur working at coles aswell, great money in that for such little work.

just make sure u plan everything out and know EXACTLY what direction your heading. plan in stages of what you want to do, that will save you the most money.

quangsuke
28-07-2010, 11:14 PM
update: just got some new parts for the car.
awaiting more to come next week.

photos up tomorrow.

im.Kusuma
28-07-2010, 11:35 PM
strip ur rear interior quang! makes a difference. Just did it to mine.. omg love the weight difference

quangsuke
28-07-2010, 11:45 PM
lol not atm.
did u take out ur entire rear?
or just the seats
is it cold?

should take the spare out too.
on track day i will remove my rear since i still use my rear ;) :p

im.Kusuma
28-07-2010, 11:56 PM
lol not atm.
did u take out ur entire rear?
or just the seats
is it cold?

should take the spare out too.
on track day i will remove my rear since i still use my rear ;) :p

took out my whole rear. Including trims.
Whats left on the rear is my strut bar. lol im planning to respray it soon.. when i have time.. lol but i love the weight difference.. You should try it (y)

quangsuke
28-07-2010, 11:59 PM
took out my whole rear. Including trims.
Whats left on the rear is my strut bar. lol im planning to respray it soon.. when i have time.. lol but i love the weight difference.. You should try it (y)

was it hard?
is it cold now in the car?

photos please. i want to put a massive bean bag in the rear =D

shinta
29-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Eg's looking good, I'm around the west side too.. seen a few eg's around but haven't seen yours yet.
Nice build man, your making me wanna buy so many parts for my eg but unfortunately on the same boat, saving for my trip.

ah wells just brought a intake manifold and don't think gf's gonna be too happy when she finds out =x

im.Kusuma
29-07-2010, 12:18 AM
was it hard?
is it cold now in the car?

photos please. i want to put a massive bean bag in the rear =D

haha hard? not really, just careful .. dont brake any clips.
Cold not really, stiff and light, yes. Loud, yes. LOL

I'll post up tomorrow.. or here are in the progress.. took me and my bro a while since we had to relocate our huge amp -.-" lol

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs266.snc4/39625_414347822978_535517978_4649470_8167987_n.jpg

I didnt bother taking the sound deadning out since its just for fun, not for everyday thing lol

And.. Im doing a respray on the interior sometime this year to black :D

quangsuke
29-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Eg's looking good, I'm around the west side too.. seen a few eg's around but haven't seen yours yet.
Nice build man, your making me wanna buy so many parts for my eg but unfortunately on the same boat, saving for my trip.

ah wells just brought a intake manifold and don't think gf's gonna be too happy when she finds out =x

lol dont worry about the car too much.
holiday is going to be well worth it.
compensate buy something for the car, then something for the gf.
its always about balance

quangsuke
29-07-2010, 12:38 AM
haha hard? not really, just careful .. dont brake any clips.
Cold not really, stiff and light, yes. Loud, yes. LOL

I'll post up tomorrow.. or here are in the progress.. took me and my bro a while since we had to relocate our huge amp -.-" lol

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs266.snc4/39625_414347822978_535517978_4649470_8167987_n.jpg

I didnt bother taking the sound deadning out since its just for fun, not for everyday thing lol

And.. Im doing a respray on the interior sometime this year to black :D

looks good. will do it when track day comes near. =D
whats next for your car?

benedictz
29-07-2010, 12:55 AM
dw buddy, take your time do things at YOUR own pace.
good to hear ur working at coles aswell, great money in that for such little work.

just make sure u plan everything out and know EXACTLY what direction your heading. plan in stages of what you want to do, that will save you the most money.

Thanks mate, i just met im.Kusuma he saw my eg, its still amateurish.. haha

im.Kusuma
29-07-2010, 01:15 AM
looks good. will do it when track day comes near. =D
whats next for your car?

haha.. Engine conversion, exterior and interior is completed. I like it the way it is. Just engine now. :)
wbu?

edit:

Thanks mate, i just met im.Kusuma he saw my eg, its still amateurish.. haha

haha your EG is fine. Need to get rid of that cheap looking lip and get an EG6 one. Lower it, get rid of that farting exhaust.
and get a EG6 spoiler. Ur set ... Or maybe also get ur windows tinted :)

benedictz
29-07-2010, 02:00 AM
haha your EG is fine. Need to get rid of that cheap looking lip and get an EG6 one. Lower it, get rid of that farting exhaust.
and get a EG6 spoiler. Ur set ... Or maybe also get ur windows tinted :)[/QUOTE]

I agree with the above, but i just got my windows tinted!! haha and yeah got to wait till i get more money from work i reckon. thanks

quangsuke
29-07-2010, 07:38 AM
whats next for me?

i've been tweeking my suspension from day 1.
so im currently happy with my setup.
just need my sway bars front and rear with a nice brake upgrade.

then i will hit the track

after that i will decide what needs to be done and hopefully early next year i will be planting my b series in it

pablos8
29-07-2010, 07:50 AM
whats next for me?

i've been tweeking my suspension from day 1.
so im currently happy with my setup.
just need my sway bars front and rear with a nice brake upgrade.

then i will hit the track

after that i will decide what needs to be done and hopefully early next year i will be planting my b series in it

I like it :)
knowing exactly what you want and going straight for it.:thumbsup:

quangsuke
29-07-2010, 10:20 AM
GOT THESE LAST NIGHT =D
SPOON FRONT AND REAR
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6347/dsc09067.jpg

Well it has been a depressing morning for me.
Woke up jolly and excited to only find that my Spoon front strut does not fit.

Because im still rocking a carby the carburetor is too high to fit the strut bar.
didn't try the rear because i still want to use my sub. =D

just waiting on next parts now :(

pablos8
29-07-2010, 10:48 AM
wtf bro your baller LOL

strip the sub its a waste of space!!

sakitumi
29-07-2010, 12:06 PM
hahaha shattered and yesterday you were all hyped up about the spoon struts
just relocate the sub, put it on the rear seats, since no one sits in it ;)

quangsuke
29-07-2010, 12:08 PM
hahaha shattered and yesterday you were all hyped up about the spoon struts
just relocate the sub, put it on the rear seats, since no one sits in it ;)

but then my sub would move around when im hitting full carby-tec =D

pablos8
29-07-2010, 01:49 PM
but then my sub would move around when im hitting full carby-tec =D

take the sub out altogether! :D

im.Kusuma
29-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Take the sub out!! Just run speakers from the front.. Subs weigh around 10kg ish with the box (well that's mine lol)

pablos8
29-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Don't be a uleh and OMG PUMP UP DA BASS BRUUUUUUU

im.Kusuma
29-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Don't be a uleh and OMG PUMP UP DA BASS BRUUUUUUU

Roflrofl hahahahaha

quangsuke
29-07-2010, 02:58 PM
i need my music :D . i haven't got the joy of listening to the vtec yet. i will remove the entire rear probably a week before track and see how it goes.

pablos8
29-07-2010, 03:04 PM
i need my music :D . i haven't got the joy of listening to the vtec yet. i will remove the entire rear probably a week before track and see how it goes.

I listen to my music without a sub? so does im.kusuma? :P

all you need is an amp and speakers don't need doof doof!

anster
29-07-2010, 03:08 PM
just move the box closer to the rear. you should be able to fit a sub and rear strut. i'll takea pic of mine and show u how it fits when i get home.

quangsuke
29-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I listen to my music without a sub? so does im.kusuma? :P

all you need is an amp and speakers don't need doof doof!

speakers are no fun. can never crank it. =D
besides it wouldn't make me any faster :P

quangsuke
29-07-2010, 03:09 PM
just move the box closer to the rear. you should be able to fit a sub and rear strut. i'll takea pic of mine and show u how it fits when i get home.

yo, my one takes up the whole rear. its a fairly big 10" box.
unless i can mount it in the air since i got no parcel