PDA

View Full Version : Engine noise in speakers? :S

mugen_ctr
17-05-2010, 12:08 AM
So basically, im driving along, every so often i would hear a loud whine, high pitch..... now im pretty certain its not the engine, as its working perfectly fine, could it b the way i installed the sound system, that i can hear the engine whine?

Its annoying cause of the fact sometimes i need to drown out the sound with music or the exhaust takes over, which ever one comes 1st

I run the power on left hand side, speakers on right hand side.... as every one says

2MPRS
17-05-2010, 12:16 AM
make sure the tips for the rcas arent touching thats what happened to me, if its not that its ur earth point sand the point down or try a new spot.

fromdeeeast
17-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Did you run the power cables and the rca's on different sides of the car?

Did you use a good earthing point for the amp?

What headunit are you using? If it is a cheap ebay one or a dodgy one then its your most likely culprit, I had a ebay double din, took apart the system 3 times because of the whine thinking it was grounds etc, turns out headunit was buggered.

Best of luck

mugen_ctr
17-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Power runs on the left hand side of car, speakers, rca on the right hand side, ill double check the grounding just to be safe.....an try an new place, cheers guys

2MPRS
17-05-2010, 02:17 PM
if its not the rca cable,earth then its the headset

Oscar of Markoz
17-05-2010, 04:48 PM
As the others have suggested, do all of the above. If all else fails, just get yourself an RCA filter. They are $20 from Jaycar and work a treat. You plug the RCA's from the head unit into the filter just before the amp and then the other filter end goes into the amp. I've done this on 2 of my customer cars and it works a treat.

fromdeeeast
18-05-2010, 05:38 PM
What head unit are you using?

Sounds like your headunit is stuffed

slimx
28-05-2010, 01:16 AM
RCA filter is shit.. cuts out half the noise.

Are your speakers running off an amp of head unit?

If its off the amp, try running it off the head unit give that a test.

Another way to test if its your head unit or not is to run RCA's from another head unit into YOUR CARS AMPS.

and finally..

If ur running off the head unit, re-earth your unit to the NEGATIVE of your battery if it still whines, you've burnt that lil filter inside :) either start looking for your warranty receipt or start shopping for a new head deck lol