PDA

View Full Version : feeding wires through to engine bay almost impossible

2GOOD123
17-05-2010, 03:13 PM
hey guyz me again, ive tried for about an hour to feed my wire through from the engine bay into the interior via the existing slot, the problem is that its sooo choc full of wires and it has these stupid rubber pushers around the holes that even if i was somehow able to feed it past the first one, it would stop at the rubber stopper udner the drivers side dash, im just wondering if someone could tell me another slot i can use? ie one i can drill myself, does the bay have any slots that are covered up, not in use that i could possibly use? as i have noticed quite a few circular rubber spots on the back of my engine bay.

sorry for this wordy post ive just been trying to install my led's for ages now and its totaly draining my life
ps i have a 2000 ek cxi

zachge
18-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Passenger side, about centre between the battery and intake manifold, close to the bottom of the firewall. There is a grommet I cant remember if its got anything else thru it, but I've had 1g running thru it, should suffice for what ever your doing (LEDs?)

geeang
18-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Straighten out a coat-hanger, sticky tape the wire to the end of the coat hanger, poke that through the hole into the engine bay = success.

2GOOD123
19-05-2010, 02:12 PM
sweet thanks for that guyz didnt realise there was a grommet below the battery ill give it a go 2morow ty very much =]