PDA

View Full Version : brakes squeaking

mengster
17-05-2010, 07:53 PM
hey guys
I've had my euro for a while now and i'm loving it. lately i've noticed that when i touch the brakes it squeaks. would this be a big problem? and is it worth getting it checked out?

djpro1
17-05-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm guessing the brakes haven't been replaced recently? Take it to a local servo, they can give you a quick checkup usually for free to see if you need new brake pads.

Does it squeal when u brake hard or soft or both?

It could just be because of the recent weather. Rust forms on ur rotors and goes away when u drive it obviously causing minor squeaks!

mengster
18-05-2010, 03:53 PM
ah thanks mate. yea i think it was just a bit of rust build up, its not squeaking so much now.

Dunky
19-05-2010, 01:03 PM
im having the same problem as well, for about 6 months i think, i park my CL9 on a upward sloping driveway. Once i reverse out of the driveway, it squeaks until i come to a complete stop. then stops squeaking after about 2 mintues. within those 2 minutes, when ever i brake, it squeaks at the traffic lights or try to come to a complete stop. Any ideas?? it happened after i replaced new brakes last time.

coosh
20-05-2010, 01:49 AM
im having the same problem as well, for about 6 months i think, i park my CL9 on a upward sloping driveway. Once i reverse out of the driveway, it squeaks until i come to a complete stop. then stops squeaking after about 2 mintues. within those 2 minutes, when ever i brake, it squeaks at the traffic lights or try to come to a complete stop. Any ideas?? it happened after i replaced new brakes last time.

Hi,
If the discs were not machined when they changed the brakes this may cause squeaking. The disc can get a shiny glaze which can cause it to sqeak. It may also be the pad itself. If it is a cheaper pad it may sqeak due to a lower quality finish. Although some more expensive branded pads may sqeak sometimes as a pad is made up of strands of materials. But if they have recently been changed the mechanic canMreplace them as they are under warranty from there brake supplier ( in most cases).

marc