PDA

View Full Version : civic vtir vs integra gsi

nallway2
28-11-2003, 02:06 AM
hey all,
my friend of mine got a integra gsi and he thinks he can beat my civic vtir (ek4)... i told him i would beat !! but he doesnt think so.... soo i was wonderin wat u guyz think??? both cars r standard

SiR
28-11-2003, 03:45 AM
Your friend must either be joking or he doesn't know crap.

The Civic VTi-R would smoke an Integra GSi!

euro77
28-11-2003, 06:30 AM
Unless you can't drive :D :D :D

XXpl0Sive
28-11-2003, 08:44 AM
It won't really "smoke" it, we've seen a gsi beat a vti-r many times :)
It comes down to a driver's race i think.

vti-2
28-11-2003, 10:09 AM
my friend of mine got a integra gsi and he thinks he can beat my civic vtir (ek4)... i told him i would beat !! but he doesnt think so.... soo i was wonderin wat u guyz think??? both cars r standard

There's only one way to find out. Race him and see who wins. ;)

luzinit
28-11-2003, 10:36 AM
It won't really "smoke" it, we've seen a gsi beat a vti-r many times :)
It comes down to a driver's race i think.

hahaha it does come down to drivers race...
last nite, i launched good, beat another vtir by about 3cars, then i launched crap, lost to a gsi by about 1-2cars.. but this gsi has gotten faster over time.... i used to beat him kinda easily.... ha hah ha

XXpl0Sive
28-11-2003, 10:39 AM
i think the driver has been losing weight ;)

Civic Type R
28-11-2003, 12:36 PM
i have raced a few GSi's and they arent that bad compared to the VTiR.
The only advantage they have is torque.
Many i have pulled away from easily, I have duelled with GSis on the freeway with them having a full exhaust and its an even match.

However on any given day, you should and would be quicker ;)

Civic Type R
28-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Hey [Luzinit] umm dude LMFAO !
since when is Optimax and an air freshner a mod ? hahaha
:twisted:

SpiceyTeg
28-11-2003, 01:08 PM

iv got a GSI, and beaten a VTIR... i think it does depend on the driver though

Rowie
28-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Hey [Luzinit] umm dude LMFAO !
since when is Optimax and an air freshner a mod ? hahaha
:twisted:

there mods if you dont have any mods :D

SiR
28-11-2003, 01:41 PM

The driver in the VTi-R probably wasn't racing ;)

Rowie
28-11-2003, 01:45 PM
my votes for the civic vti-r 8) :evil:

SpiceyTeg
28-11-2003, 01:49 PM

The driver in the VTi-R probably wasn't racing ;)

AHAHA.. i dun think i have to strap my car to keep up with someone driving a vtir normal ;)... hehe
but yea, its normal to see the vtir does have more power as standard but still does depend on the driver..

luzinit
28-11-2003, 03:06 PM
CTR: heheh im only jokin :) they are my mods for the time being hahah..

yes.. if i hadnt raced a GSi before i'd be saying, 'noo wayy hes full ovit!! VTiR will smoke da GSi rarara..' but having raced a GSi about half a dozen times i can say its a drivers race, esp if the GSi isnt bone stock.
it's all in the launch vs my frends GSi! becoz after that, neither cars seem to pull on the other...

respect to GSi's :P hahah

SpiceyTeg
28-11-2003, 03:30 PM
I agree strongly with that :P it is up to the launch!..

Civic Type R
28-11-2003, 03:58 PM
CTR: heheh im only jokin :) they are my mods for the time being hahah
yeah i know :) i just had to laugh as i thought it was funny.

It just reminded me of a guy over here who has a ford laser and he had a mod list of: 35% window tints and lowered with monroe shockies.

anyway ...

I have raced GSis on the freeway and with a passenger and those little GSis didnt keep up at all ;) so there goes your launch technique.
(mate leans over window and says "smoke him" )

skoota
28-11-2003, 04:13 PM
I know this is off the topic - but i was looking at the times of all of these posts and I'm wondering - DO ANY OF YOU GUYS GO TO WORK?!?!?!? :P

euro77
28-11-2003, 04:16 PM
Yeah.. I work.. browse it from work :lol:
so bored at work I need refreshment

joneblaze
28-11-2003, 04:31 PM
hey dude,

as others have mentioned i seriously think you should go to a *private* road with your little friend and simply line em up.
i think there are a few factors in determining the winner, eg. length of race, driver abilty (as previously mentioned), mods on each car, etc etc...
In my limited experience ive found things like having bigger, heavier rims, having ur airbox cover off/having a fully sik pod filter exposed in ur engine bay, and simply being too fat and heavy ( 8) ) will affect the way ur car or his car will perform.
all this being said however, i think if both ur cars are completely stock standard, and you're both about equal in driving capability, your EK should win fairly comfortably....maybe like a car length or so?

jon

Civic Type R
28-11-2003, 04:48 PM
I know this is off the topic - but i was looking at the times of all of these posts and I'm wondering - DO ANY OF YOU GUYS GO TO WORK?!?!?!? :P

I am at work :)
My IT department have a government protocol block on all other forums. So its just a matter of time before this one gets flagged :evil:

skoota
28-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Meh - I was just being a dick. I wish i could do all of this whilst I was at work, but then again I'm a uni bum so I wouldn't really consider what I do "work".

Hey CTR: bugger, that'll suck if they bar this site as well. :x

phils_herre
28-11-2003, 04:58 PM
im a uni bum too... and lovin it, except for the cash flow which is just a minor problem :x

nallways let us know wat the result is wont u :) who is the king ect ect...

nallway2
28-11-2003, 07:44 PM
thanks for ur opinion guyz... i should do it anytime soon... just abit worried cuz his realli confident he will beat me.... im not a bad driver so its not that.... so he mite have thing hidden under his hood???

who knows... we wont know until we run rite??
well ill tell u guyz the result

n/a
28-11-2003, 09:57 PM
are you guys serious? no way in hell would i compare a VTI-R civic against a Gsi..

never knew the gsi is as good as you guys say it is.. :shock:

*raises hand for VTI-R* ;)

[[d a n n y]]
28-11-2003, 09:59 PM
well duna GSi with a cam tune car chop a Vtir but considering the driver as well

*wink Wink* tony... :D

n/a
28-11-2003, 10:03 PM
aren't we talking stock a block gsi and VTI-R?

[[d a n n y]]
28-11-2003, 10:08 PM
yeah stop block with just a tune,,

luzinit
29-11-2003, 12:25 AM
both stock as a rock, vtir wins! :) and pulls.....

joneblaze
29-11-2003, 12:45 AM
both stock as a rock, vtir wins! :) and pulls.....

really? which stock as a rock GSi have u raced before? ;)
ive raced a stock VtiR a few times, but the first few times i lost..... i had 17" aftermarket rims on..... :D

SiR
29-11-2003, 03:48 AM
ok, I'm not knocking any GSi owners here, but I just don't see how a stock Civic VTi-R would have troubles beating a stock Teg GSi.

Many people have made comparisons between the Civic and Teg VTi-R variants and the general concensus is that a race between the two would come down to the driver. However, from all accounts, the Teg should pull away slightly at higher speeds.

If the performance of a Teg GSi is so similar to the Civic VTi-R, then it should be fairly similar to that of Teg VTi-R too. Obviously, that wouldn't make much sense, especially from a marketing point of view? How would anyone justify the purchase of a Teg VTi-R then?

Just my opinion here. :)

SiR
29-11-2003, 03:50 AM
nallway2: One question that hasn't been asked so far, is your friend's GSi auto or manual?

That should effect the outcome of the race too :)

Setanta
29-11-2003, 08:31 AM
I thought the GSi was under 160bhp. I doubt it's much heavier than a VTiR Civic though.

I can't say I've ever had a problem running a GSi (then again, I've never run a modded one) - but my SiR is lighter than a VTiR @ 1030kgs

luzinit
29-11-2003, 07:55 PM
blah blah blah blah~~
jon: after i get my car *checked* out.... we'll try once again LOL....

im pretty confident civic vtir vs teg gsi in a perfect world, the EK vtir will win ....
however in the real world where im an sk driver.. then things are different....