PDA

View Full Version : loud exhaust....what should i do?

travisg
18-05-2010, 06:51 PM
hi guys, i'v got a d16a thats had a bit of work done to the bottom end,the guy who did the engine recommended a 2.5 pipe,high flow cat to 4 inch tip.unfortunately it's too loud even at idle and its lost the honda sound i love to a deep moan...sounds great at high rev but i want it to still be a bit quieter when just cruizn without sacrificing power.should i:

a)cut and weld a muffler(as there isn't one)or
b)change the 4inch tip for a muffler and tip all in one

i'm lost so what should i do,does anyone have a better idea?

MWAKU
18-05-2010, 07:02 PM
i don't get it

so what axle back are you running? is it a 4in cannon?

neway get a quieter muffler. twinloop, spoon streets, etc

eight
18-05-2010, 07:45 PM
not getting what you're saying either, but if you're not running a muffler - definately get one as a muffler will decrease the noise.

also, you can look into getting a resonator if the noise is still too loud

hope that helps

mugen_ctr
18-05-2010, 08:44 PM
so u got a 2.5 inch cat back, try running a smaller muffler, 4 inch over kill, 3 inch is better, try out a twin loop muffler.....
are u running a resonator/hot dog?
Try running a silencer, u mite get that deeper note with it on idle, due to the pressure build up....., 2.5 is most over kill for a d16a, unless u plan to turbo it later down track

Or alternative, u can jus learn to live with it like me, lol

spoonsir2
18-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Agree with mugen_ctr, need to add a hot dog after the cat, 2.5 is too big for d16, you dont have enough back pressure . . . .

travisg
18-05-2010, 08:59 PM
sorry,my description was pretty vaige...yes a 4in canon and yes a hotdog aswell...

mugen_ctr
19-05-2010, 12:30 AM
id say change the muffler to a smaller one, if preferable a known branded one, like xforce, vision r, fujitsubo etc, most of em will only b available as a axle back.. meaning its only a bolt on mufflers, and most of em will b available in 60mm size, or 2.5... ebay mufflers are cheap, so expect a cheap sound.....