PDA

View Full Version : Window on eg not winding up

B16bcivic
18-05-2010, 09:31 PM
My windows are not winding up due to blown fuses. I have replaced it but yet they still won't go up. I have replace the window controller and the green wiring box on the driver side do0r. Yet it still not working. The speakers were touching the window, I have removed them and tried winding it up, yet it still won't work.

Can anyone tell me the check up steps when a window is not winding up. Please help guys as I am clueless now. I have checked and replace everything except for the window motor. Tell me the check steps and I see if I can narrow it down. If it comes down to the window motor than I will be needing both Left and right side window motor. This is on a Eg Honda civic hatch back.

chowdaa
18-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Have both sides failed at the same time? Making sure switches for both sides are plugged in when testing. if so check common inputs such as the drivers side window switch, power supplies, grounds, such and such.
Purchase a test light, even better a LED test light for polarity check, check at the plug of the motor that you have positive and earth, flicking window up and positive and earth reversed pin assignment when flicking window down. If inputs to motor are ok, suspect motor or mechanical jam. giving the window motor a few good taps with a hammer, while activating and sometimes waiting, frees them up, but will need a new one.
Report back with your findings
I have replace 2 motors in my EG. tip: EG hatch window motors are the same as front sedan motors. The drivers side motor fit my pass. side. *heart* honda