PDA

View Full Version : 6th Gen Front Lip

andy.mak
18-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for the Type-R or Mugen Front Lip for the 01-02 6th Gen Honda Accord.

Does anyone know a supplier or can supply one?

Thanks!

trd_rolla
25-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Good luck with that, I've been looking for a while. None of the site sponsors can supply one directly, which is a pain in the ass.

Your BEST bet is to purchase one from EBay USA. It works out to be under $200 including postage etc. It's unfortunate that everything for the 6th gen is so readily available in the US for so cheap. Postage is a killer. Being under $1000, there shouldn't be any further costs though i.e. customs etc.

I'm planning on ordering one eventually. Shouldn't be a drama.

andy.mak
27-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks for that! Ordered one from the US. Fingers crossed it arrives in 1 piece and will fit!

trd_rolla
27-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Update thread upon arrival with delivery times etc. if you could! I believe that you will need to perform slight modification being a 01-02 model, but it will fit without issue I have read.

andy.mak
27-05-2010, 10:55 PM
haha will do! I just checked shipping and it had cleared Melbourne customs today. So I'm guessing either tomorrow or next week should arrive. :)

yeah I heard it needs some modifications to fit my 01 Accord but shouldn't be a problem.

trd_rolla
08-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, in relation to this topic, I went ahead and ordered a lip from the US. I'm sure people will search for this in the future, so for information, it's well worth it. It worked out to be under $200 delivered to Australia, and took just over a week to arrive. The lip was excellent, and fitted with minor effort. Arrived in one piece too! Makes a big difference to the appearance of the car. I went with the 'Type R' lip, but I'd assume the 'Mugen' lip is similar.

RiceMeister
08-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I was looking to get another lip from US eBay, did you buy from the seller bryson? I remember it was $110USD shipping and $49USD for the lip? Did you buy polyurethane?

I'm keen to get the mu-gen style lip as my type r one is all banged up from scraping.

fitment was all good?

trd_rolla
08-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I was looking to get another lip from US eBay, did you buy from the seller bryson? I remember it was $110USD shipping and $49USD for the lip? Did you buy polyurethane?

I'm keen to get the mu-gen style lip as my type r one is all banged up from scraping.

fitment was all good?

I bought from 'Best Racing Motors (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380237006304&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT)'.

I chose polyurethane as I did a bit of research, and people have had issues with ABS. Fitment was no issues at all, and doesn't leave any gaps. Funnily enough, the Accord front bar has 'divots' which lined up with the lip 'fitment' holes. Just drilled small pilot holes, and mounted the lip using supplied hardware and brackets.

RiceMeister
08-06-2010, 10:49 PM
ah yes, thats the other seller I saw, might go through them if they're recommended.

my current one is ABS so be good to get a urethane one later on. easy to mount too.