PDA

View Full Version : Power FCs with hondas?

RandyRhydah
19-05-2010, 07:45 AM
hey im after a standalone for my car and im not realy after the full deal hondata / aem ems or anything like that. ive come across a power fc for 550ish and think it will be good to snap up.

i can probly pick up a s300 if i wait around for around 800ish. also ive pieced together a crome kit as well and would work out around 600 ish, but alot more is involved in putting it together. so far the power fc is looking good

keep in mind my local tuner who is a family friend favours power fc and motec so he is a wizz with them and hondata / ems / crome will be a new thing to him.

i did a quick search but couldn't find much in depth about it other then the power fc is getting a little bit older and outdated but i don't need the full blown range of what the newer ecus can do i just want it tuned to be a bit more fuel efficient and ofcause pull better and healthier through the whole rev range.

any people talking from experience will be greatly appreciated and also some ecu gurus can give me the good and bad points of the power fc, but seriously 550 bucks for a full stand alone im more then happy to press the buy button now just thought id ask the question.

Cheers guys

EDIT: also sorry guys buy ive seen alot advertised for civics and alot advertised for integras.. i dont see how they can be any different and they use obd2a harnesses so they should be plug and tune and play for both b18cs and b16as if you have the right harness correct?

Temp3st
19-05-2010, 08:17 AM
http://www.paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm Read that bro has a lot of useful knowledge on it

string
19-05-2010, 11:13 AM
If money is an issue you could import the Neptune RTP demon from HR Tuning for around the same as what you're looking at for the PFC.
Surely your tuner can figure out a new piece of software - at the end of the day they all do the exact same thing and sticking with the stock ECU (Hondata/Crome/Neptune) is probably the smart thing to do.

RandyRhydah
19-05-2010, 11:25 AM
moneys not an issue but i don't see spending 1k+ on an ecu that can do all fancy stuff that i don't really need. i did think of Neptune for a while but again its new to my tuner and i dont have an obd1 ecu to get it installed in.

TODA AU
19-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Be carful... Heaps of 2nd hand units have water damage...
So grab a #2 Phillips & pull the lid off the FC & check inside before purchase...
If ther's white/tan coloured corosion on the board or a semi tide line, give it a wide berth.

If it's all in good nick, they're a good ECU :thumbsup:

RandyRhydah
20-05-2010, 05:56 AM
ok thanks for the heads up ill be sure to check it out when it comes

hisoka
20-05-2010, 09:31 AM
get it checked by someone if your buying second hand.

this place i know sells them off there halfcuts and get customers coming back claiming they dont work at all , they are shorted out etc, they short out very easy.

mine atm is shorted out too. dodgey wiring or loose wires can easily do it.

hisoka
20-05-2010, 10:07 AM
http://www.paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm Read that bro has a lot of useful knowledge on it

wow awsome post. i just spent half an hour reading on how to rewire rb26 pro to a regular rb20. thanks for link . that paulr33 guy is actually a skyline god lol.

the rx7 guys are reflashing that shit . they are very clever too

btw nice dp, i worked on both of those cars lol.