PDA

View Full Version : LED bulbs and indicator tick tock sound

huhjared
20-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi guys,
Interested in changing my back lights (Brake lights, rear lights and indicators) and front indicators to LEDs. I was wondering if anyone has any recommended LEDs to buy on ebay?
Do i need to change the flasher to handle the blinking?

Also, can anyone advise if it is possible to change the tick tock sound when you indicate?
Most cars nowadays have this quieter and "deeper" sound rather than our cheap tick tock sound.

Thanks in advance guys!

xxb4xx
24-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi guys,
Interested in changing my back lights (Brake lights, rear lights and indicators) and front indicators to LEDs. I was wondering if anyone has any recommended LEDs to buy on ebay?

Also, can anyone advise if it is possible to change the tick tock sound when you indicate?
Most cars nowadays have this quieter and "deeper" sound rather than our cheap tick tock sound.

Thanks in advance guys!

Hey dude, every globe in and out of my Euro is LED at the moment.. no need to change any units for them to work, they all function as per normal..

Word of advice though, the Brake / Tail lights kinda fail in the brightness dept.. they are bright enough, but during the day they aren't reallt that noticeable at all, lucky I have the rear spoiler brake light as that's bright as anything!

Reverse lights are probably my most noticeable and cool lights, as it's a clear lens.. and the license plate globes too..

The only globes I haven't changed are the ones for the heated seats and the ash-tray LOL.

aaronng
24-05-2010, 10:57 AM
You might find that the indicators flash quicker when you use LEDs in the blinkers. That's because LEDs use a lower current. To get it back to the normal flashing speed, you need to replace the indicator relay to one that is suitable for that lower current.

Yes, that indicator sound is made by the indicator relay. So you will need to replace that with one with a quieter sound (usually a different brand) that is a straight swap (voltage, pins and size of the relay must be the same, current must be suitable for the indicator speed for LEDs)

MR_LATE
31-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey dude, every globe in and out of my Euro is LED at the moment.. no need to change any units for them to work, they all function as per normal..

Word of advice though, the Brake / Tail lights kinda fail in the brightness dept.. they are bright enough, but during the day they aren't reallt that noticeable at all, lucky I have the rear spoiler brake light as that's bright as anything!

Reverse lights are probably my most noticeable and cool lights, as it's a clear lens.. and the license plate globes too..

The only globes I haven't changed are the ones for the heated seats and the ash-tray LOL.

what about inside ur glove box?

biee2
20-07-2010, 10:05 PM
any one changed there reverse light? i dont kno if any one has noticed but its sometimes abit hard to see in the dark while reversing. i want something more brighter, can be leads or normal bulbs. i drive my parents subaru and ford and there reversing light, lights up lik headlights...

MR_LATE
22-07-2010, 04:43 PM
yeah i have...

biee2
24-07-2010, 05:37 PM
yeah i have...

what type of bulb are they? and where can i find them?