PDA

View Full Version : EK Foglights Relay

haku
20-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Edit: Ignore previous post.. Rechecked my wiring and the ground wasn't actually contacting bare metal so there is now power going into the relay and not out. My guess is the relay isn't working.

Where can I get a similiar relay? I couldn't find any at supercheapauto. The pins aren't the same layout as the one I have.

EK1.6LCIV
21-05-2010, 10:35 AM
ebay, buy an ek9/ek4 foglight relay

otherwise an electrician may know of a suitable replacement, autobarn comes to mind

haku
21-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Well I went to Jaycar and bought a new relay but the same problem occurred when I wired it all correctly. Turns out I wasn't getting any power from the fusebox to charge the coil in the relay.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/neo_phase/Fog%20Light%20DIY/DIYFogLight-29.jpg

In the image above that was taken from neo_phases guide, the brown plug provides power to the relay. But those slots all don't provide any power. Any idea why? =S

riruiz_88
22-05-2010, 09:11 AM
if you have wired them like above, you should only be able to turn on the foglights if the headlights are on. if headlights are off, you can not turn the foglights on.

haku
22-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Yea. I read that in the Honda installation manual. But still I didn't get power with the headlights on, key in ignition, engine on, etc. =\

riruiz_88
22-05-2010, 12:51 PM
maybe its in the wrong slot. try the other slots with accessories and ignition on. if not just get a volt meter and check which one has power at it.

haku
22-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Actually the problem was human error. The plug was just not all the way in. I feel so stupid =='

But the plug in the image is constantly on (for my car at least). The one next to it is only activated with the headlights like you said.

Thanks for your suggestions. I gotta make sure the plugs are in correctly next time. lol

riruiz_88
22-05-2010, 01:07 PM
at least you didnt pay anyone to fix an easy problem. good work man