PDA

View Full Version : who can reflash my b16 ecu in sydney and is it worth it??

sirgtr87
21-05-2010, 03:17 PM
hey guys

ive got a eg crx with a b16, now i was thinking of getting my ecu reflashed

who in sydney does it, how much am i looking at roughly and is it even worth it performance wise??

thanks

sirgtr87
24-05-2010, 01:40 PM
anyone??

sirgtr87
26-05-2010, 01:21 AM
any info will help..

sirgtr87
11-06-2010, 03:40 PM
there has to be someone that knows something about this..

VTec1987
11-06-2010, 04:52 PM
what exactly u want done?

Nepolian
11-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Reflashing?? Chrome......S100/200/300 is probably best! A few traders here can help you......eg JDM Yard/TODA etc......

It wont be cheap if you want to do it right...ie purchase and dynotune and so on...

I am however abit sus about any off the shelf 'REFLASH" items!

I say go save your money or buy supporting mods if you haven't already!

Goodluck!

sirgtr87
11-06-2010, 06:01 PM
thanks man, i think instead of working the b16 i should just chuck a b18c in or maybe even sell it and get a dc2r cos at the end of the day a n/a b16 is gonna take alot of time and money to get any good power out of it..

Nepolian
11-06-2010, 06:30 PM
thanks man, i think instead of working the b16 i should just chuck a b18c in or maybe even sell it and get a dc2r cos at the end of the day a n/a b16 is gonna take alot of time and money to get any good power out of it..

I was going to suggest something along those lines....but it wouldn't have answered your questions....LOL!

sirgtr87
12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
thats cool, if theres anything else i should do please let me know, this is my 1st vtec so im no expert, im used to turbos where its very easy to get power out of them..

Samm928
15-06-2010, 10:16 AM
it depends what you are really after..

looks? dc2r,ek,delsols,em1's etc etc. what shape do you like? and how would u like it built.

speed? if you moved from turbo's to n/a im pretty sure you knew what you were getting yourself into... more money involved in building a n/a car then a turbo car that just requires a full exhaust+pod+boost controller to boost the **** out of.

i dont know? then its something you got to figure out. check out the build threads or photoshop threads and see what type of car you like. what motor you want. and how much you have to spend.

.S

Zilli
15-06-2010, 11:06 AM
^ wasnt really his question but thats for the contribution

With response to your original question, there won't be many reflash type local providers. Most people go for a full programmable system, but they cost money. However, they will allow you to change your tune for each step of the modifying process, i.e. you may change your exhaust or header, at which point you may like to re-tune to take full advantage. A reflash is static in that you get it flashed, and then cannot change it if your parts change...

i think your decision to mod, or sell up is really dependant on what you want man... the CRX is a nice little car with a great motor for what it is. But if you are wanting a platform to create huge power, your probably in the wrong world with a Honda anyway...

You can get some nice gains with the usual I/H/E with a tune route, but thats a lot of money for what some may consider a little gain...

this isn't going to change if you get a B18 or sell up and get a DC2R... if you stay N/A you are still going to have the same issue when it comes to HP increase p/dollar spent... so you either go forced induction and deal with all the issues that come with that (i.e. dollars, upgrades to the chassis to keep up with the power etc) or you try and create a nice, balanced vehicle and improve on the stregths of the car rather than wanting more out of it than is reasonable

good luck dude

Samm928
15-06-2010, 12:54 PM
(thumbsup)

sirgtr87
15-06-2010, 01:22 PM
thanks guys

the problem is i had a sil80 with a sr20det making 200rwkw which was a 12 sec street car but i f**cked up and lost my licence for 15 months (15 months ago) and now i have to redo the 2 years on my green p's which means im not allowed to drive turbo and it meant i had to get rid of the sil80 and go vtec

obviously i dont expect to get 200fwkw out of the b16 in my del sol but id like to get at least half of that so about 100fwkw would be more than acceptable and from a b18 ill be happy with around the 125fwkw mark and just do all suspension mods to make it handle like a go kart so then it might not be as quick as the sil80 but it'll be just as fun..