PDA

View Full Version : My rain sensor has stopped working.

Psy
21-05-2010, 06:30 PM
A while back when i drove to Canberra and back i noticed my windscreen cracked. I got the windscreen replaced and the rain sensor worked for 2 weeks but now it just works like normal without automatically turning on when the rain hits the windscreen.

What i mean by it works normally is that it acts like a normal standard car without a rain sensor with its low, medium and high speeds. AUTO acts as LOW only.

Anyone know what's going on and if i need to replace the actual sensor and how much it'll cost me to get and replace?

nickxau
21-05-2010, 09:29 PM
It might be the tinted strip at the top that's confusing the sensor. Do you know if the replacement windscreen was a genuine Honda one?

Psy
21-05-2010, 09:46 PM
The guys who replaced the glass "Auto Windscreens" basically said it was the same glass that Honda uses without the actual Honda logo.

It had the clear part of the windscreen for the rain sensor to fit so it was definetly the rain sensor version of the windscreen.

The other day when i started looking at it, it looked like the rain sensor was peeling off but the sensor stopped working for a while now which i only noticed this recently.

So i'm not too sure what the go is. I'll take a photo of what i mean tomorrow.