PDA

View Full Version : B18C spluttering at high revs and temperature gauge...

Alexplicit
21-05-2010, 10:36 PM
hi guys got my jdm tegra today a lot of woes unfortunately but time will heal all... i wanted to see how it went so i went to a long enough strip and put it to the test as i hit high revs (just before and during vtec engagement) it splutters a little bit also the car runs really cold unless im driving it hard constantly in town on the road it doesnt even read on the gauge?

regards

bennjamin
21-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Thermostat has failed in the OPEN position , or it hasn't got a thermostat installed. What it means is the car will never really warm up get it looked at

Alexplicit
22-05-2010, 08:44 AM
is that the cause of the spluttering also?

grifty
22-05-2010, 11:11 AM
spluttering maybe be because of old worn out spark plugs, take one out and have a look at it

RandyRhydah
22-05-2010, 12:26 PM
yeah best bet for the spluttering is worn leads / plugs best bet go do a good service.. get new plugs new leads new fuel filter change the oil and get a new thermostat... sounds liek whoever sold it to you didnt take much care of it so who knows when the last time the oil was changed lol

dougie_504
22-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Stuffed thermostat keeping your engine cold will also screw up your fuel economy, and VTEC won't engage efficiently.