PDA

View Full Version : Front License plate frame/bracket

onefivesxx
22-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey guys,

in the picture below, the plates just seem to be attached directly to front bumper, with no bracket or mount of any type.

besides double sided tape, which isnt the nicest finish, how else can i do this?

cheers

http://www.agraderautohub.com/Photo/USEID58_1.jpg

m3ntAL_l2
22-05-2010, 12:35 PM
bolt it on?

ROBERT
22-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I posted a reply on fitting the number plate in a neat fashion a year or so ago. I cannot find the thtead now but someone out there may be able to.

ROBERT
22-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Mounting Number plate
I too think the Honda supplied plate holder is WAAAAAAY to big. So I just binned mine totally and made two small black plastic spacers approx 10mm long, 12mm in diameter with a 6mm hole for an M6 STAINLESS STEEL round head screw 25mm long (get the ones with allen key hole- they look better). Drill two 6mm (1/4”) holes through the plate at 260mm centres, if they go through a letter of number that is still OK (I painted the head of one screw in the ‘R’ black and left the other in the white background unpainted, if you look closely at the front view you can see the one screw head painted black and the other plain stainless steel.). I have a lathe to make the plastic spacers but obviously most of you will not have one, so you could use nylon or fibre washers and build up to the 10mm bought from your local nut and bolt shop where you will get the screws (I doubt Bunnings will have the screws). I will be more than happy to make the spacers for free if a small padded SAE is sent (PM me for details). Regarding the chrome surround most dealers have them although the rear one will have their name on it. I managed to get a rear one without the dealers name from a company that chromes plastic.
Attached Thumbnails OK it looks like the pictures didn't copy over, look at my profile to see previous posts and the pictures are there.

euro_tr4sh
23-05-2010, 07:54 PM
just cut down the factory one, i did... looks fine and no where near as much mucking around as the guy above

sk3103
03-06-2010, 03:42 AM
I have a NSW premium plate (black writing with white background). I simply removed the plate holder and bolted the plate back on. It fitted perfectly somehow. It just covers the two large holes in the bumper also. Job done.