PDA

View Full Version : Interference noise from HID light

furansu
22-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Have you guys experienced a noise in your stereo (radio) when you turn on you headlights? I only get it when it is on the radio output not dvd or aux. So i think the fm frequency is somehow interfered by the HID light. I got Clarion Max686bt. Hope someone can help me out here. cheerz

biee2
23-05-2010, 01:47 AM
i get the same thing in my euro.....when i had stock head unit it was normal but after i installed an aftermarket headunit this happens. i cant use the radio when im driving at night coz of the static and hiss that comes out of the speakers =.=

onli prob...i dont kno how to fix it =[

slimx
23-05-2010, 11:46 PM
does it make the noise while tuning..
tune up and down seek through stations see if the noise changes varies etc..

if it does most likely some kind of radio issue really REALLY weird for STOCK HID lights.
Unless you two have aftermarket ones?

furansu
24-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Na, even with a different station the static noise is still there. Yea i got an aftermarket ones and the stock HID lights were not doing any interference. I tend to switch to Ipod connection when i drive at night solely because of that reason.

ej20i
25-05-2010, 12:34 AM
is the connection for the power ant connected properly?try ground the chassis of the head unit it self,
i use clarion max 686 bt with aftermarket HID
no problems for me

furansu
25-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Yea the power antennae is connected properly , how to ground the chassis of the head ? Just connect the earth cable to the car chassis?

slimx
25-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Yep prety much.