PDA

View Full Version : my first eg4, need some help for few problems..

subie
24-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi guys and gals, just bought my first eg hatch, efi model.. and i have few inquires ..

- how can i reset ecu?
- do i really need to take the front bar off to change the headlight assembly?
- to change the passenger headlight globe, what would be the easiest way to do? ( i can't put my big hand in there, power steering fluid reservoir make it harder)

thanks

pablos8
24-05-2010, 11:35 AM
not sure on resetting the ECU but..

not sure what you mean by change the headlight assembly, like put different headlights in? then yes, you need to remove the front bar, its not too difficult, infront of the front tyres theres a bolt under the guard, unscrew them and unscrew the screws under the front of the bonnett i think theres like 6, and the front bar should just come off, then unscrew the 3 bolts attached to the headlights 2 visible on top and the one at the end inside a hole, unscrew ur corner lights n u can pull it out, this should also help when you want to change your bulb as its easier to reach :)

rep? :D

subie
24-05-2010, 01:04 PM
thanks for the input mate :)

getting the black housing ones to replace the stock ones

oh, another thing.. how to remove the rear spoiler? i'm getting the duckbill spoiler instead

cheers

pablos8
24-05-2010, 01:07 PM
oh serious? nice where are you getting the black housing ones from? ive been looking for one :(

not sure on the spoiler tbh, but im sure plenty of people on OH know :)

vtecster
24-05-2010, 04:19 PM
rear spoiler lift up ur boot hatch window n u shuld see 4 bolts 2 on each side remove those bolts and remove the wing

subie
25-05-2010, 10:57 AM
rear spoiler lift up ur boot hatch window n u shuld see 4 bolts 2 on each side remove those bolts and remove the wing

thanks mate, :thumbsup: