PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying Suspension part

silverspoon
25-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi all,
Need help identifying this part, its a rubber bush that sits on top of the strut housing, as you can see its very much worn out. A part number to get it from Honda would be nice or possibly a Tein number as my car has Tein springs in it, or anything that I can go to a shop and buy 2 new ones. Also I'm in the market for silencer rubber that goes around springs. Any recommendations for any shops in Perth that would sell this stuff?

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/1826/p5191095.jpg

90LAN
25-05-2010, 08:51 PM
go to honda and take part with you looks like a stock oem rubber for your dc5 suspension

bennjamin
25-05-2010, 08:58 PM
its called the "spring mounting cushion"

silverspoon
26-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, now to follow up on that is aftermarket better than oem for something like this? because I can imagine honda charging me an arm and a leg for these.

As a side note after changing my springs on the weekend Im starting to experience subtle creaking noises when making sharp turns at low speed. Could I have possibly over tighten a nut some where? I'm going to be reinstalling my Tein's in the next couple of weeks, what if anything should I look out for...

silverspoon
12-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Went to Honda parts today and they said that I need to replace the whole top of the strut assembly, which includes the plate, bearing and rubber. I just want to know does this sound right? Do I have to replace the whole unit or can I go aftermarket and just replace the rubber thats worn?

Something that I was expecting to be around $20 at most is now costing me $170