PDA

View Full Version : 2001 honda integra type r urgent diagnosis

na-118
26-05-2010, 09:01 AM
G'day guys, i have a Type R Integra, i'm having some troubles diagnosing a very unusual high pitch noise coming from the drivers side front wheel everytime i drive over a ripple strip, the sound is a very high pitch sound and only occurs when i hit a ripple strip any ideas and suggestions is appreciated

Thankyou

Alexplicit
26-05-2010, 09:21 AM
its a chipmunk in your suspension.. give it nuts immediately!

maybe your rotors are slightly loose and the vibration is making it squeel, oryour ssuspension could be fooked. what happeens when u stand over the car and push down on the suspension? try tjacking the car up off the ground and visually look for an issue :)

hope this give u somethinhg to work on

qstoria
26-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I had a similar sounding noise on my crx a while back. turns out it was a stone jammed up between the disc brake shield thing. Not sure if yours will be the same given that it only happens when u go over a bump so that would suggest a suspension problem. Cant hurt to take a look though

na-118
26-05-2010, 10:12 AM
i've had a visual inspection myself already,,, and i just can't seem to come across anything,,, so i'm thinking someone else has had this problem or something and could sort of lead me to a direction im thinking suspension but could be anythings, thanks for your replies keep them coming

bennjamin
26-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Harmonics off in the brake shield/ cover - they can make a snare noise if off or touching something or somehere

have a look at the wheel in question , rotate while jacked up try to replicate the noise
also are your brake lines loose touching the driveshaft ? Also look for obvious new grooves in the brake disc suggesting a stone stuck somewhere