PDA

View Full Version : bass problem with sub?

cihanvtec
27-05-2010, 01:11 AM
every time turn down my music down to 0 i get a bass kick out of my sub.. it happens when i high beam, indicate, and skip through radio stations and songs.. i just hear a loud thud.. what can this be? a connection problem maybe?

i recently replaced my rca cables.. would something like this occur if my rca cables were not plugged in properly behind the head unit coz my connection to the amp seems to be fine.

its driving me crazy!! also i busted the interior light fuse and replaced it with a 'spare' fuse that came in the cars fusebox.. i know this seems kinda irrelevant, but can that somehow have something to do with it?

cheers guys

2MPRS
27-05-2010, 01:40 AM
trying earthing ur amp to a different point and checking the headunit is connected properly and no wires are touching. i doubt it would be the rca because rca has nothing to do with ur highbeam and what not.

cihanvtec
27-05-2010, 01:44 AM
hmm fair enoughh.. but the thing is ive never had this problem until i replaced my rcas.. but liek you said maybe theres wires touching, i didnt bother cable tying everything back up after i was done with it! ill have to have a look..

blabla
27-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Yes try earthing to a different point also it could be the h/u. My brother has the same prob we came down to the conclusion that that was the problem as I pit my old comp series h/u in and it stopped it. Alos make sure all wires have been terminated.