PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those non-lux CU2 owner with HID...

denot
28-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Hi guys,

just wondering... Is anyone here install HID on their standard CU2? What did you do with the headlight lid/cover?

Thanks heaps

nesterjester
28-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I left mine off
I don't get any moisture/condensation in the headlights with them off
there kept away for safe keeping. ;)

if you wanted to you could put a hole in it and feed the cables through and silicone them up or feed a rubber gromit over it

I didn't do this in case I want to revert the car entirely back to stock when I trade in later down the road

denot
28-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I left mine open as well, but the moist start building up recently (coz of the rain?) :(

praja6
28-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi guys,

just wondering... Is anyone here install HID on their standard CU2? What did you do with the headlight lid/cover?

Thanks heaps

Hi Denny,

Why do you want to install HID in your base model.. I think our base model halogen is more than enough rite?

iLlusion10
29-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I've got the CL9, but same concept, just a drill a hole in the headlight dust covers, if you're worried about resell etc. you can buy replacements from honda for $30 so no big deal.

chunsa
29-05-2010, 07:14 PM
What does the light output look like with the HIDs in a standard Accord Euro? Are they better than halogen and does it need realigning?

praja6
29-05-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't know how good is the HID, but for me the halogen in my Euro is much better than the normal light in my old corolla..

Dilan
29-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I drilled a hole in the back of mine, ran the wiring through it and then put the rubber grommet to stop any moisture from leaking in. Have not had any problems.

What does the light output look like with the HIDs in a standard Accord Euro? Are they better than halogen and does it need realigning?

To be honest, I cannot say I noticed a difference after I put HIDs in mine. Only difference is not having that yellowish lights that hallogens produce.