PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding brakes

brendan1990
28-05-2010, 06:42 PM
hey guys just a quick one, im doing a service on my s2 tomorrow, and while im at it im gonna change over diff and trans oil cause i can get them for free so why not lol, and bleed my brakes, but i was just wondering if the s2 had some kind of reserve reservoir for the brakes, cause the peugeot i had before did and i didnt know and spent half that week without a car f%*&ing around with the damn thing to get it going again.

aaronng
28-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Nope, just bleed at the caliper in the correct order and keep topping up at the resevoir. Honda stopped using the high pressure ABS system for quite a few years now. The high pressure system has a separate resevoir that you had to bleed too.

tay113
12-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Nope, just bleed at the caliper in the correct order and keep topping up at the resevoir. Honda stopped using the high pressure ABS system for quite a few years now. The high pressure system has a separate resevoir that you had to bleed too.

HI,just checking i have a year 2000 and i wonder if its really important to bleed from the abs too ? I have inconsistance in pressure braking.Couple of times when driving off from cold i get real braking bite the first 2moments and it just becomes dull after.ta.tay

Clio
12-06-2011, 07:38 AM
This is Billman250's instructions for bleeding. In my opinion one of the best mechanics posting on s2ki with a huge array of posts.
The post uses a gravity bleed only without pumping the brake pedal. He swears by this method. The only thing I'd suggest may be different is the bleed sequence detailed below as this is based on a left hand drive car - brake fluid reservoir is on other side to us.

I bottle of ATE Super Blue is surely enough to do the entire car. You'll use 3/4 -7/8 of the container.

By trial, I've found the best sequence is RF, LF, LR, RR.

Empty the master with a turkey baster.

Crack the right front bleeder, the level will start to drop. Get it a little lower, but not enough to suck air.

Fill the master to the very top with ATE blue.

Start with the right front bleeder. Attach a clear hose, and let it gravity bleed till it turns blue.

Repeat for the remaining wheels.

You'll have such a great brake pedal from the gravity bleed it will feel like the pedal is welded to the car :)

I have used this procedure on countless s2ks.

tay113
12-06-2011, 01:30 PM
hi clio, its great to hear from you and lately,i could not find a solution to my brakes being inactive as to speak.I have professionally bled 3 rounds but in vain.If your gravity method is really proven,could i get your help? cheers tay

euromandeluxe
12-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Gravity wouldn't work for me, tried it but wasn't getting any fluid coming out of the bleed nipple (even with the reservoir full). Needed to resort to the pump method. Maybe I was doing something wrong? lol

Clio
13-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Tay, if you've had your system bled 3 x already and your brakes are still poor I'm thinking it may be something else causing issue. I note this simple test is listed to test your brake booster, it may be worth a try:
http://garageninja.com/honda-s2000-brake-booster-testing/

vyets
13-06-2011, 10:14 AM
i've never done the gravity one either always 2 person pump bleed :) works a charm 100% of the time.