PDA

View Full Version : HCCNSW to be wound up - Can you help?

wynode
29-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Hi all,

It seems like a decision is almost made in regards to winding up of the club due to a lack of interest by existing members.

It is 40 years of the club this year and I personally would hate to see the club wound up.

All we need is a few key positions to be filled on the committee so the club can continue. Of course it will also require more participation by members but I am willing to give the club any required publicity through Ozhonda just to keep the club going.

I would offer to be a committee member however due to my commitment with running Ozhonda and planning a wedding this year, I don't want to make any promises that I cannot keep.

Key positions to be filled are:
(a) the president;
(b) the vice-president;
(c) the treasurer; and
(d) the secretary.

I'll be willing to give any spare time I have to assist but we do need to fill the above positions if the club is to continue.

Clubs like the HCCNSW aren't easy to start up but more important is the fact that it has been around for 40 years.

If you have some time and are interested in helping out then please reply here or send me a PM.

Come on all let's try and keep the HCCNSW going!

bennjamin
30-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Wyn , can you put a description on what each position will require on a input and say hours per week basis ?

wynode
30-05-2010, 12:38 PM
For the positions I mentioned above:
(a) the president - The president is ultimately responsible for the club. That said, his/her work load is quite minimal IMO and primarily has to ensure that all items discussed at meetings are carried out. Basically he/she holds everything together
(b) the vice-president - Similar to the president and will step in as required when the president isn't available.
(c) the treasurer - Responsible for handling of the accounts. Will have access to the clubs bank account and needs to co-ordinate with the secretary to ensure new membership payments are noted and passed on to the Secretary.
(d) the secretary - The secretary probably has most of the work to do in regards to keeping minutes of meetings, ensuring new member signups are noted and membership cards sent out etc. That said, the existing secretary has put his hand up to stay on if the club continues. Thanks Ray!

The above positions are the bare minimal required to keep the club running. That said, the current committee has a few more positions which include:

(e) Editor - Responsible for the Revs unlimited magazine. Ie making sure there is enough content for it and that the magazine goes out.
(f) Membership secretary - Responsible for ensuring new memberships are processed, member contact detail updating, and sending out membership renewal letters.
(g) Social Secretary - Responsible for organising social events. Most social events at the moment are held in conjunction with other clubs. ie the HCCNSW is invited to events hosted by other clubs. If/when we get enough numbers we can look at hosting our own events.

Most work IMO will be getting the club up and running in an active way again. Ie have discussions online (via these forums) so that more people know about the club. Even if they just join to get a CAMS licence! I see some extra hours initially however after that I don't see much more than say 2-3 hours per week for most of the roles (this is excluding monthly meetings and events). The secretary might have to put in some extra hours though.

I am willing to help out too so will attend meetings and promote the club through Ozhonda. If after year there is no interest or participation by members, then at lease we can say we tried.

Does that help a bit ?

Chr1s
30-05-2010, 05:45 PM
And how are you going to plan on selecting a president, vice-president, etc for example?

wynode
30-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi Chris,

As per most clubs, nominations are made for positions and then voting takes place.

tseesinngwailo
30-05-2010, 10:58 PM
How many members does the club have? and what do they primarily get up to? I would be interested in joing but probably cant devote time to help run it

m3ntAL_l2
30-05-2010, 11:01 PM
a bit of info from their website

http://www.hccnsw.org.au/

wynode
31-05-2010, 08:48 PM
a bit of info from their website

http://www.hccnsw.org.au/

Thanks Chi.

To the members that have PMd me, thanks! We need to see a bit more support guys!

androo
31-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Deadline?

wynode
02-06-2010, 10:50 PM
No deadline as such, but within the next few weeks would be best.

wynode
30-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I've just sent PMs to all those interested in taking a position on the new committee. We'll be meeting on Sunday 11 July for a catchup, brunch and talk. If you're interested and haven't PMd me then do so now :)

asps91
01-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Ill be there, thanks Wyn.

wynode
02-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Awesome!

wynode
07-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi all,

As promised I've put together some minutes for discussion on Sunday. They are attached to this post in a MS Word file. I'll also email a reminder to those who expressed interest in order to get a confirmation.

As I think of more things over the next few days I'll add it to the minutes and we can discuss that (and more) on the day.

Feel free to jot down any ideas/suggestions you have and bring it up on the day.

Limbo
09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Wyn - Maybe if you can send us your contact details incase people get lost of something for this Sunday's meeting

wynode
10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Good point. I was thinking of that the other day. Just sent an email to everyone with my contact details.

asps91
11-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Can anyone pick me up from parramatta area, my front left tire has developed lumps in the sidewall and I have no other means of getting there. My number is 0425 338 085

wynode
11-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Good meet today. Thanks everyone for coming!

Email sent with the minutes of the day. Next step is to organise a meeting with the existing committee so that the new committee can take over. Things are looking promising!

Chr1s
12-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Any technical orientated positions? I'd be interested in that.

FLICK
12-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Need a treasurer? I'm pretty good with the cheque book.

wynode
13-07-2010, 12:09 PM
We've got someone up for the treasurer position already. Not sure about technical positions atm Chris but you guys should have come down to the meet or at least replied to the initial request!

wynode
06-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Meetup with the existing committee tomorrow evening. Just thought I'd update everyone in this thread. Those who expressed interest have been emailed. See you tomorrow!

will13
08-09-2010, 02:01 PM
How was the meeting?

Interested to hear what sort of things could come of this club

wynode
08-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Was a good productive meeting. There's a lot of administrative things to sort out first. I won't post too much here but in the next 1-2 months we want to have the club and the website setup first (the back end work).

After that........stay tuned for events and much more. I've currently got all the trophies from the various events dating back to the 1970s. So much history that I'm glad the club is going to keep going forward!

ajbm
09-09-2010, 10:11 AM
I was a member of HCCNSW back in 2003 with my old EG "HYB31D", remember going to trackday at wakefield with mr2 club
it was awesome fun...

DR HONDA
11-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Great idea Wyn for reviving this unique part of history and revamping it with a fresh team for the future.

zco
14-09-2010, 07:46 AM
i'd volunteer to be treasurer. i work with the bank if that helps lol

wynode
14-09-2010, 11:58 AM
too late zco lol

raffyboy
28-09-2010, 09:54 AM
just reading this - why dont Ozhonda and HCCNSW just join together
and copy SAU?

tseesinngwailo
29-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Is there any update on this? I would like to become a member if it's going to keep running

wynode
29-09-2010, 10:19 PM
just reading this - why dont Ozhonda and HCCNSW just join together
and copy SAU?

First step is to get the club day to day activities running. Then we'll take it from there.

Is there any update on this? I would like to become a member if it's going to keep running

As above. Hang tight!

raffyboy
07-10-2010, 08:54 AM
First step is to get the club day to day activities running. Then we'll take it from there.

As above. Hang tight!

Sounds good - as HCCNSW been around long time ago same as OzHonda - just get both social group together and be a proper club
looking forward seeing this to happen

asps91
07-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Been Out of action for a few months now, but im up for being Involved.

I think the Monthly Meetings need to be maybe moved to weekends, i for one have got after work commitments (Gym every weekday and Run a Buisness on side) and the Suggested RSL is a bit of a drive away.

Does anyone else agree with this or am i on my own.

Cheers, Andy.

asps91
07-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Oh and a suggested 1st Event to get things happening, in my previous car club (NSW Supra Club) is a simple Show and Shine. Everyone gets to talk and socialize as well as Getting the opportunity to check out Other Cars.

Andy

DR HONDA
07-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Been Out of action for a few months now, but im up for being Involved.

I think the Monthly Meetings need to be maybe moved to weekends, i for one have got after work commitments (Gym every weekday and Run a Buisness on side) and the Suggested RSL is a bit of a drive away.

Does anyone else agree with this or am i on my own.

Cheers, Andy.

Andy comittee has been voted in just stay tuned to future events :thumbsup:

jords
07-10-2010, 09:00 PM
This is gonna be good.........

DR HONDA
07-10-2010, 09:17 PM
This is gonna be good.........
It will be Jordan, a bit of history which a touch of future:thumbsup:

asps91
08-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Andy comittee has been voted in just stay tuned to future events :thumbsup:

No worries, sorry mate.

raffyboy
10-10-2010, 07:27 AM
sounds good hope first even kicks off and hopefully OzHonda and HCCNSW join together and use only one club name!

raffyboy
29-10-2010, 07:48 AM
no update still?

wynode
29-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Next meeting coming in up Tuesday.

raffyboy
03-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Wynode

where abouts the meeting? details?

also why not just standardize OzHonda as a name for the club?

oldhonda
04-11-2010, 12:03 AM
If there is any members from Sydney who were part of the old honda club in the mid 1980's - early 90'scould you please contact me??

I am particularly chasing down some details on S800's and would like to get in contact with Phil C who owned amny and was part of teh club..

If you know him please pass this on.

Many thanks

oldhonda

PS If anyone has the archicve of the old hondas s club printed newsletter from back then could you please contact me.

banzai
11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I had an S800 coupe in the 1980s. Fantastic little car. Too bad a lot of the good ones ended up going back to Japan in the 90s.

Phil C(ampbell) works (or did until recently) at Shannon's Sydney office at St Leonards. He was also into 1960s Nissan/Datsun Silvias.

A colleague at work and his brother also had 3 S800 roadsters.

N-one in Australia could refurbish the S-series needle-roller crank and bearings. Fortunately one of the Honda club members was a Qantas pilot who often flew to Tokyo. Every now and then he would take a crank over for refurbishment.

One of the S800s in the club back then was a race car with a lot of factory bits including a very rare close-ratio 5-speed. The ratios were good for tracks like Amaroo and Catalina, okay for Oran Park. They would have been awful for Eastern Creek or Phillip Island

oldhonda
11-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks very much for the info.

Someone mentioned a bloke by the same name their but I didn't want to cold call.

I'll try him and see i he is able to help me.

Thanks again.

tinkerbell
13-12-2010, 02:08 PM
also why not just standardize OzHonda as a name for the club?

the whole point to saving HCCNSW is to keep the name isn't it?

raffyboy
13-12-2010, 02:33 PM
the whole point to saving HCCNSW is to keep the name isn't it?

true -

any update of the actual club itself?

Setanta
19-12-2010, 04:09 PM
I'll have to dig through the boxes I have stashed away in the garage for '90s HCCNSW newsletters - I'll let you know if I find them. Lisa Cook(e?) and her husband Gary wrote the newsletters back then - not sure what their contact details are though.

If there is any members from Sydney who were part of the old honda club in the mid 1980's - early 90'scould you please contact me??

I am particularly chasing down some details on S800's and would like to get in contact with Phil C who owned amny and was part of teh club..

Many thanks

oldhonda

PS If anyone has the archicve of the old hondas s club printed newsletter from back then could you please contact me.

raffyboy
20-12-2010, 01:34 PM
any update of this plan?

aimre
18-01-2011, 07:45 PM
any news on this?

raffyboy
24-01-2011, 12:25 PM
bump! any updates

wynode
27-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Not yet. Been a bit quiet over the holidays.

jords
22-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Is the re birth HCCNSW dead? cause it looks like it

wynode
22-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Still trying to kick some life into it :(

will13
10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Wyn, can you give us a summary on whats going on with the club? A paragraph or 2 would be good to keep some interest from waning

wynode
11-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I was hoping Phil (Dr Honda) might have said something.

Basically the club has been reinstated. We're now trying to organise a quick catchup. Following that try and organise a few small events.

aimre
21-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Are they affiliated with ozhonda??

No offence to who ever runs that site, but it sucks, and when i had a chance to join it, well i didnt based on their website.

Gotta realise that they need to market to gen y as were the ones getting in the money now, and being gen y, computers and the internet have had a big part in our lives and pretty much if your company has a shitty website, i generally wont buy from you.

Hopefully if they ozhonda, somehow, not only will they get more members, but also be backed by the knowledge base etc already on here.

tseesinngwailo
23-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Would be interested in joining, when will things move forward?

_CRX_
23-05-2011, 12:45 AM
From what ive heard things will be up and running very soon

k24
31-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Any updates about this?

Just a suggestion - why not organise a meet up for people who are keen to join club
have a discussion and form a committee from there?
I think its a good start to get the ball rolling.

will13
31-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Committee has already been formed

Timmy_B
31-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Any updates about this?

Just a suggestion - why not organise a meet up for people who are keen to join club
have a discussion and form a committee from there?
I think its a good start to get the ball rolling.

Stay tuned...

Limbo
06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Comittee has been formed, there is a meet in the process of being organised soon.

rdster
09-06-2011, 08:35 AM

Many thanks

oldhonda

I was a member back in the 1980's. I may have some photos of an immaculate S800 somewhere.

DownunderSiR
30-09-2011, 12:13 AM
It was a very competetive club in motorsport events back in the day..... but sadly they all grew old & fat, had kids & bought Toyota's........

DR HONDA
10-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Ok here is the update. The last committee meeting which was held on Tuesday 4th October. An agreement was made by the committee to hold a meet and greet and bbq.

The aim of the meeting will be to meet and greet and show and shine for old and new Honda enthusiasts. Memberships will be available to take on the day.

Possible trade stands (in discussions)

The history of the Honda Car Club of NSW goes back to the mid 1960’s. A group was formed by enthusiasts to form what is known as the HCCNSW of today. The club is associated with legal bodies (Dept of Fair Trading, CAMS) with no comprimises.

Events which were organized by the club where as such;

· Motokanas

· Controlled track days

· Joint events with CAMS affiliated clubs ofAustralia

· Honda Nationals (Interstate Club Battles)

· Organised cruises with booked venues

· Show & Shine for young and old Hondas

Honda Car Club NSW is officially CAMS affiliated which will be a major benefactor for the weekend warrior to get out there on planned events and have a go.

The meet and greet will be held on the last Sunday of November27/11/2011 at a location soon to be updated possibly the Cordeaux Dam look out with ample parking for young and old. All interested parties can email dr.honda@optusnet.com.au

Hope to see all there.

will13
10-10-2011, 03:30 PM
1 day after stereosonic and 1 day before shift performance track day. Going to be a big 3 days i think.

will13
10-10-2011, 09:14 PM
To all those interested, please see below - be sure to like it to receive updates as they become more frequent

http://www.facebook.com/HCCNSW

joe.teg
14-10-2011, 11:45 PM
1 day after stereosonic and 1 day before shift performance track day. Going to be a big 3 days i think.

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK :p