PDA

View Full Version : buying cars on ebay?

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 10:05 PM
hey, i was bidding on a car on ebay on behalf of my brother. He ended up winning the car for 6.4k. The ad had no reserve price or anything, and my brother talked to the guy and inspected the car before hand, he said that he's going to let it go on ebay and is selling it to winning bidder. It also says it on the ad.

So i called the seller up and he says that he doesn't want to sell it for that price? wtf?

Could i get some help on this matter? What rights do i have as the winning bidder? Seeing as he didn't have a reserve and he also agreed to sell the car to the winning bidder.

VTi_b0i
30-05-2010, 10:08 PM
If he doesnt have a reserve, he hasnt got a leg to stand on. Its like a contract

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 10:14 PM
that's exactly what i was telling him through the phone, but he said "still bro, i'm not going to sell it for 6.4, it's too low" i was like wtf you didn't leave a reserve or anything

flipfire
30-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Report it to ebay straight away. Its a binding contract.

See this article:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/ebay-sale-is-a-sale-court-rules/2007/08/03/1185648121130.html

androo
30-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Here's a link for you - http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/ebay-sale-is-a-sale-court-rules/2007/08/03/1185648121130.html

It's a landmark case - A guy sold something for $100,000 less than what it's worth on ebay and didn't want to sell it for that much. Court ruled that he had to. The end. Tell him to read it. If he won't abide then seek ebay's help, then if he still won't let it go seek legal action. A win is a win

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 10:30 PM
oh thanks alot guys, i'll try and get him to read it. tbh, i don't know if my brother would want to go through all the hassle that legal action comes with.

StrawberryFace
30-05-2010, 10:32 PM
lol ur car now mate

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 10:32 PM
i've been trying to tell him that, i said " YOU HAVE TO SELL IT!! ITS A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT!! you'll be breaching the contract if you don't sell it" he's just like yeah bro i know i'm sorry, but i don't want to sell it for 6.4, says that he got offered 7k from someone else once the ebay ad ended? sus much?

Vicks
30-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Claim what's rightfully yours, if he didnt want to sell it for 6.4k then tough luck, he should've had a reserve. Contacting eBay is probably your best bet, or take it to his door step...

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 10:52 PM
i've just contacted ebay about it. that's what we might do, might go to his house or something and discuss it there. My brother got extremely pissed off when he heard that that fking dickhead didn't want to sell it

androo
30-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Mind me asking what car it is? Just fight for it if it's worth it! If he doesn't want to fight for it, tell someone here what car it is - I'm sure someone on here would want it enough to fight for it =]

JamieP
30-05-2010, 10:54 PM
what car was it?

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 10:58 PM
its a honda civic 2000 Vi...for 6.4k it's pretty cheap but still. fair is fair. he can't just back out like that after not stating it was listed somewhere else or anything

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 10:59 PM
heres the link to the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150447008922&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

patsdc2
30-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Drop this guy with a negative feedback first. Make it as nasty as possible but within eBay rules (no swearing, no calling names etc). Then contact the seller to see if he wants to deal with you so that you can have that negative feedback removed. But if he REALLY doesn't want to deal with you, then I suggest that you move on and search for another car. There's no point forcing a deal when you know you'll have to waste a lot of time and effort, in the end you might not even end up getting the car. Good luck

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Drop this guy with a negative feedback first. Make it as nasty as possible but within eBay rules (no swearing, no calling names etc). Then contact the seller to see if he wants to deal with you so that you can have that negative feedback removed. But if he REALLY doesn't want to deal with you, then I suggest that you move on and search for another car. There's no point forcing a deal when you know you'll have to waste a lot of time and effort, in the end you might not even end up getting the car. Good luck

yeah that's what i'm thinking, i don't really want to go through all the effort over a car...but i'll put a negative feedback tomorrow. I duno what to put in negatives feedbacks lol

Vicks
30-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Go ahead with it, it seems like he buys and sells cars judging by his feedback. 1 negative one too. He sold an eg civic for 2k ? Wtf, and he even demands a deposit after the auction. **** him up.

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 11:37 PM
lol i wish i had the time to, i work 5 days a week, so i don't have time to fk around with this kind of bullshit

JamieP
30-05-2010, 11:43 PM
If I was in the sellers shoes I probably wouldnt let the car go for that cheap either.... but then again I wouldnt have been dumb enough not to put a reserve on the car either lol

praja6
30-05-2010, 11:46 PM
lol i wish i had the time to, i work 5 days a week, so i don't have time to fk around with this kind of bullshit

Did your brother check if the car is a genuine owned by that guy? For 6400 seems real cheap for that Civic.....Sometimes its not worth wasting time with these D***heads...First put a negaive comments about him on ebay then report to ebay.. Then search for anotehr car, possibly not in ebay bro..

GOod luck

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Yeah, i'm just going to give the guy a call tomorrow, see what he wants to do. If he's not going to sell it i'm just going to tell my brother to look for another car, not worth wasting time on it. If it ends up like this, i'll just leave a negative feedback and move along.

Thanks alot for the help guys. Much appreciated.

tuanEH?
30-05-2010, 11:51 PM
and yeah, i duno if it's genuinely owned by the guy or not, and my brother isn't good at looking at cars either. my brother said that the guy selling the car is a young guy too. So i don't think i'm going to bother with it anymore

nuphsed
31-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Burn him on Ebay, with negative feedback, suing for breach of contract will only cost you money and cause much aggravation, even if you win, the car will be gone and the person may not be financial enough for you to claim damages, so you see even if you win you lose. Better luck next time, you may just have to get over it on this occasion.