PDA

View Full Version : legit?

pzaway
30-05-2010, 10:48 PM
is it legal in Melbourne to take off the resonator for the intake? if i take it off would insurance cover ?

dness
31-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Not legal from what I know.

As for the insurance, I'm not 100% sure. I've previously asked my insurance company about modification cover and I was told 'If it's legal, it's automatically covered''. But in this case, I don't see how it can affect anything (safety wise) unlike for eg, tinting windows too dark. I guess some companies will use any excuse to void your insurance payout.

Zilli
31-05-2010, 08:08 AM
some insurers see people who go to that sort of effort to make their car louder etc as risky drivers, as such they will have exclusions for any modifications.

Call you insurer and find out

EK1.6LCIV
31-05-2010, 08:25 AM
well when a dude hit my car and it had to be assessed the guy at the other co's assessors didn't take note of my short ram intake, but having a standard one would be a better option (or change it back when and if you do have a bingle if at all possible)

insurane is more concerned with proper ride height and more dangerous features that can contribute to a crash, such a shite, bald incorrect load tyres.

in all honesty in an accident that shite plastic box would be in a million pieces anyhow