PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter Leaking?

deeps
31-05-2010, 03:53 AM
so our 04 accord euro luxury has an oil leak. Some inspection reveals that it's coming from around the oil filter area, but my god, how hard is this to access! I'm guessing that with the car on a hoist, it's an easy job, but it really is in a rather painful location to access without a hoist.

What else is around there that could be leaking? I'm quite sure it's the filter, but due to lack of access in that area, can't say for sure..

Any tips to accessing it?

OMG.JAI xD
31-05-2010, 04:24 AM
You could jack it up and take the drivers side wheel off. With a bit of twisting and bending your arms you could have a good feel of the filter.

Getting to it on the floor too isnt that bad. Its not that hard to get to mate. Trust me theres worse.

ricerockets
31-05-2010, 04:44 AM
yea i just jacked it up and got underneath and kinda put my arm through a hole in the wheel well behind the drivers wheel and somehow got to it lol iono if u understood any of that haha

aaronng
31-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Remember to use jackstands because a jack alone can sag down which is not what you want when you have half your arm through the suspension parts.

ricerockets
31-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Remember to use jackstands because a jack alone can sag down which is not what you want when you have half your arm through the suspension parts.

ohh right forgot to mention that part =P haha thanks for the reminder aaronng

biee2
31-05-2010, 10:57 PM
if your not a big fella then another way is to park your car half side on a kerb and half on the road....then crawl under and have a quick look. i kno its dodgy but yeah...lol just made sure your not on a busy street or anything =p

aznalex
20-06-2010, 02:42 AM
if your not a big fella then another way is to park your car half side on a kerb and half on the road....then crawl under and have a quick look. i kno its dodgy but yeah...lol just made sure your not on a busy street or anything =p

damn, thats a heaps mad ghetto method !! so keeping that in my book of knowledge haha