PDA

View Full Version : Just Jap rails .. anyone have any experience with these?

pablos8
31-05-2010, 03:38 PM
I was thinking of buying some rails for EG from Just Jap

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=18499&cat=282&page=1

Now, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? quality etc, because its listed at EG/EK.. was wondering if they used the same rails, thought they were different but was never sure..

I called them and the guy said 'they should use the same rails' but he wasn't sure so just looking at you guys if anyones got some better ideas on the quality of these :)

Thanks guys

bennjamin
31-05-2010, 03:56 PM
FYI EG and EK dont use same rails.
They have SIMILAR outer rails (next to door) but the INNER is slightly different where it mounts to the chassis.

EDIT

Looking at the pictures - Its possibly universal and the INNER corner can accept the dimensions of EG or EK front seat mount points.

pablos8
31-05-2010, 06:12 PM
FYI EG and EK dont use same rails.
They have SIMILAR outer rails (next to door) but the INNER is slightly different where it mounts to the chassis.

EDIT

Looking at the pictures - Its possibly universal and the INNER corner can accept the dimensions of EG or EK front seat mount points.

Thanks alot bud, thought they were different!
My original plan was to get some L brackets from bunnings and bend them a bit and do a DIY mount, do you buying these would be well worth it?

grifty
31-05-2010, 06:59 PM
My original plan was to get some L brackets from bunnings and bend them a bit and do a DIY mount, do you buying these would be well worth it?

gg when you have an accident

bennjamin
31-05-2010, 07:07 PM

compared to your original plan....these are FAR better idea.
Just to let you know - these "mounts" appear for a bucket seat ( bottom mounted ). You may be able to DIY up your oem rails and mount side-mounted seats to it too

pablos8
31-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah I'm getting the rep seats from justjap so i guess these would be ideal

EGB
31-05-2010, 08:40 PM
I would never trust anything "Justjap" branded, mate bought a FPR which leaked like a mofo, went back got another one, same thing. Quality is just not there. Esp with something like a seat and rails its not worth it.

+ by the time you buy those rails $200, and seat $250-600, you could have gone and bought dc2/eg rails and a recaro for $500-600.. Look at the traders on the forum for a good deal.

2c.

pablos8
01-06-2010, 06:57 AM
I would never trust anything "Justjap" branded, mate bought a FPR which leaked like a mofo, went back got another one, same thing. Quality is just not there. Esp with something like a seat and rails its not worth it.

+ by the time you buy those rails $200, and seat $250-600, you could have gone and bought dc2/eg rails and a recaro for $500-600.. Look at the traders on the forum for a good deal.

2c.

Yeah I'm a bit worried about the rails, but I haven't seen any traders selling the dc2/eg rails :(