PDA

View Full Version : stickers on windshield?

dusAn
31-05-2010, 10:11 PM
hey guys just wondering if stickers on the top of windshields are illegal to have in Victoria? just dont wanna get f'd over by police and does anyone know where to get some nice graffiti stickers? or somewhere that can print out designs cos i do alot of my own pieces.

dusan

zachge
31-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Your local sticker man/sticker shop can print out stickers mate. google it

M@lew
01-06-2010, 12:49 AM
Don't think it's illegal as long as it's within a certain area. (The top but only xx cm from the edge etc.) Someone will need to confirm this though as I'm not positive.

kevibumz
01-06-2010, 12:51 AM
usually you have a strip on top of the windscreen glass which is a blue or a green or something. make sure the sticker isnt ANY bigger than that ( doesnt come down any further ) and you should be fine... unless the cop decides to grow male genitalia on his head

EK1.6LCIV
01-06-2010, 09:46 AM
cops in QLD will allow it as long as the wipers dont touch it when they go back and forth is the local law

m3ntAL_l2
01-06-2010, 09:48 AM
PM this trader, he should be able to make some customized ones at a decent price

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?92-CarX

WATAJK
01-06-2010, 09:49 AM
My daily has a 1m sticker on the top of the windscreen... now i can't drive as no license so my mum drives my daily (laser)... anyway.. he goes it has to be removed or she will be booked.. im like LOL... i don't see how it's obstructing her vision... she looking to find planes?? LOL...
Apparently they have to be see through stickers....

EK1.6LCIV
01-06-2010, 09:59 AM
see through stickers, like the vinyl ones on the buses? lol

WATAJK
01-06-2010, 10:04 AM
see through stickers, like the vinyl ones on the buses? lol

From what i've been told they have to be see through... so really anyone can look through the sticker or else its an obstruction...

EK1.6LCIV
01-06-2010, 10:14 AM
wow how the laws change all the time, eventually they'll run out of funding in the next govt and just have it as the USA does to save money lol

from their point of view back home, theyre tax payers and cops are a tax payer item, over there they'd hit the fking bricks seeing some qualified law man just handing out useless tickets all the time, they'd hire less cops as a result to put their focus on what they should be doing in the first place, assisting the community and doing their best to stop crime, not fining some pimpled face skinny arse uni student who lives off rice to pay for text books, parking fines or whathave you lol

flipfire
01-06-2010, 10:34 AM
In NSW its this:

A tinted or opaque band across the windscreen is permitted providing it is no lower than 10% of the height of the windscreen & is above the portion of the windscreen swept by the wipers

Check or call VIC roads

zco
01-06-2010, 10:42 AM
^^ i learnt something new today. +1

dusAn
01-06-2010, 10:56 AM
yeah when i go down past vic roads ill ask them thanks guys

Manabir
01-06-2010, 11:41 AM
i got dicked once by the cops in bendigo for a sticker along the top of the windscreen on my old 86 lude.
his reasoning was that it "fouled the wiper". mega downside to the 2nd gen ludes being built with only 1 wiper, the bastard goes nearly all the way to the top. :(

white_ep3_civic
01-06-2010, 05:54 PM
It depends on how much of an a-hole the cop is. Unless u know the rules that u can throw back at them. The cops will try do u 4 anything these days